Cole Seely Crash at Muddy Creek

Carp824
Edited Date/Time 6/27/2017 10:59am
Happened to be filming yesterday when Cole Seely crashed hard in Moto one at the Tennessee National. Didn't come out for Moto two.

Looks like him and Cooper Webb hit midair. See Link Below:

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/CRASH-Cole-Seely-2017-Muddy-Creek-…
|
TXDirt
6/25/2017 6:13am
Good job on the video. Sorta looks like coop whipped it over right into Cole's line.
6/25/2017 6:14am
Looked like an accident to me? Webb had it pretty far whipped out to the right while being slightly ahead, and Seely over jumped and landed on him. Couldnt see anything that transpired before hand, but maybe Webb got of shape on the face.
Rocket88
6/25/2017 6:33am
That flagger looked like he just woke from a nap and then left to go get a pizza.

The Shop

Swann
6/25/2017 6:52am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 6:53am
It appears Webb got a little caddywhompus coming off the jump face and veered into Seely's line.

Cole took quite a dinger to the head. Scary crash.
tcallahan707
6/25/2017 7:53am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 7:59am
The AMA flagger looks completely lost. I could possibly wrap my head around if he made a judgement call and didn't feel that flagging the jump face was necessary for where the bike was at. He simply doesn't look like he knows what to do though. It doesn't appear that he's made a decision at all.

And yes, it certainly looks like Webb scrubbed a bit harder than intended or got a little kick. Certainly his fault, but I'd call it a racing incident.

Edit. Just noticed the wheels on the ground flag wayyyyy early. Those are AMA officials as well correct? Did AMA guy #1 radio to AMA guy #2 and #3? It appears that way instead of him waving his yellow. I recall in the race that leaders were checking up at the last second because that flag came out. Was this the same incident?Completely baffling and uncoordinated group of flaggers.
Goondurance
6/25/2017 8:01am
Was he hurt or just had the wind knocked out of him?

Flaggers should be out there to protect riders, not sit there looking pretty...
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
6/25/2017 8:02am
The AMA flagger looks completely lost. I could possibly wrap my head around if he made a judgement call and didn't feel that flagging the jump...
The AMA flagger looks completely lost. I could possibly wrap my head around if he made a judgement call and didn't feel that flagging the jump face was necessary for where the bike was at. He simply doesn't look like he knows what to do though. It doesn't appear that he's made a decision at all.

And yes, it certainly looks like Webb scrubbed a bit harder than intended or got a little kick. Certainly his fault, but I'd call it a racing incident.

Edit. Just noticed the wheels on the ground flag wayyyyy early. Those are AMA officials as well correct? Did AMA guy #1 radio to AMA guy #2 and #3? It appears that way instead of him waving his yellow. I recall in the race that leaders were checking up at the last second because that flag came out. Was this the same incident?Completely baffling and uncoordinated group of flaggers.
It was time for his free hotdog and coke!
Yamaknockers
6/25/2017 8:07am
Looked like he could have moved well enough to get his bike off the track before he went for a roll in the grass.
trevor310mx
Fantasy
3272nd
6/25/2017 8:22am
Looked like an accident to me? Webb had it pretty far whipped out to the right while being slightly ahead, and Seely over jumped and landed...
Looked like an accident to me? Webb had it pretty far whipped out to the right while being slightly ahead, and Seely over jumped and landed on him. Couldnt see anything that transpired before hand, but maybe Webb got of shape on the face.
That jump face was getting guys sideways all day, I think Webb was correcting that and Seely was unluckily there.
Big E
6/25/2017 8:23am
This flagging issue is no joke. Someone is going to get seriously injured.
crusher773
6/25/2017 9:26am
Looked like he could have moved well enough to get his bike off the track before he went for a roll in the grass.
Yeah because that's what you are thinking about after your face slams into the dirt that hard.
KB221
6/25/2017 9:32am
Ride your bike as fast as Cole Seely

Go off a jump and land on your head

Pick up your bike and go for a walk
Swann
6/25/2017 9:36am
Big E wrote:
That flagger doesn't really have much of a job to do standing near the backside of a step-up table like that. Riders are already airborne by the time his flag would even be seen. The flagger before him is the one responsible for preventing the riders from jumping that tabletop and to use caution.
bgpn35
6/25/2017 9:37am
I was sitting in the pits and caught the last seconds of it. He did get up obviously but when he got off the side of the track and sat down and slid himself on his butt down the hill a little ways he tried to stand up and couldn't. You could tell he wasn't all there
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/25/2017 9:42am
KB221 wrote:
Ride your bike as fast as Cole Seely

Go off a jump and land on your head

Pick up your bike and go for a walk
Lol, I know right? Hell I jump off the tailgate of my truck, land on my feet, and still feel like I wouldn't want to pick up my bike and go for a walk.
IWreckALot
6/25/2017 12:03pm
Big E wrote:
Swann wrote:
That flagger doesn't really have much of a job to do standing near the backside of a step-up table like that. Riders are already airborne by...
That flagger doesn't really have much of a job to do standing near the backside of a step-up table like that. Riders are already airborne by the time his flag would even be seen. The flagger before him is the one responsible for preventing the riders from jumping that tabletop and to use caution.
The flagger on the left side of the screen is the thing I fixated on also but towards the end of the video you saw the flagger on the other side of the jump. Not sure there was much work to be done there for that flagger either. Are flaggers allowed to move bikes off the tracks or are they strictly there to stay out of the way?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/25/2017 12:17pm
Really ???
I'm convinced that there is a large # of guys that post on this forum that don't have a clue what they're talking about. He slammed his head hard, getting off the track is the first thing a "RACER" should do, when 35 guys are getting ready to land where you're laying. Cmon man... Think about it !
rmoto003
6/25/2017 12:23pm
Man, Cole made a bad choice there. He should have been wearing a fanny pack with all the tools he needs to fix his bike when he crashes like that so he can get back to the race.

He could have easily gotten up, put his bike on the fold out stand he carries on his back (like a backpack) and started fixing everything he needed to fix on the bike, then got going again.

Its a shame that these modern day riders cant even rebuild a top-end during a race like I used to do back in the 80's at chicken licks raceway. Bunch of modern day pansies
6/25/2017 12:35pm
Was he hurt or just had the wind knocked out of him?

Flaggers should be out there to protect riders, not sit there looking pretty...
He was hurt enough that he didn't start in the second moto.
ruy
6/25/2017 2:06pm
Racing incident we can´t do nothing,
Flagger incident we can do something...? AMA are you here, there o where?
tickleme20
6/25/2017 4:17pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Man, Cole made a bad choice there. He should have been wearing a fanny pack with all the tools he needs to fix his bike when...
Man, Cole made a bad choice there. He should have been wearing a fanny pack with all the tools he needs to fix his bike when he crashes like that so he can get back to the race.

He could have easily gotten up, put his bike on the fold out stand he carries on his back (like a backpack) and started fixing everything he needed to fix on the bike, then got going again.

Its a shame that these modern day riders cant even rebuild a top-end during a race like I used to do back in the 80's at chicken licks raceway. Bunch of modern day pansies
LOL this is gold.Laughing
slipdog
6/25/2017 4:29pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Man, Cole made a bad choice there. He should have been wearing a fanny pack with all the tools he needs to fix his bike when...

tickleme20 wrote:
LOL this is gold.Laughing
I found it amusing too, well done rmoto!
Rockinar
6/25/2017 4:50pm
The flagger in the stand is waving the yellow. But the one on the hill and the chick in pink and just standing there.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
6/25/2017 6:06pm
First instinct should always be to get the hell outta dodge. Let the flaggers warn off the other guys on the track that there's something there.
sc961
6/25/2017 6:52pm
What would you guys have those flaggers do?

They are educated to never go on the track, by Davey's post from a couple weeks back.

The dude flagging the table doesn't have anything to flag, since Cole's bike is far enough down the track be out of the direct line of fire, and none of those riders want the jump face flagged unless there's someone in the landing zone.

It's rare when riders at that level slow down much for anything other than a red cross or wheels on the ground flag anyway.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/25/2017 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 7:03pm
on the flaggers , the flaggers before the jump are waving flags, and the red cross flag is being waved on the down side of the jump before, yet guys are still jumping, when will riders obey flags????

although the guy on top of the jump could be waving it as well, there is little use for him being there, as you would not see him on the upramp of the jump
mxjon454
6/25/2017 7:21pm
The AMA flagger looks completely lost. I could possibly wrap my head around if he made a judgement call and didn't feel that flagging the jump...

RonSkj wrote:
It was time for his free hotdog and coke!
Exactly. Until mxsports or whoever actually start paying good money for flagging theyre gunna have people who have no clue whats going on out there. Do they just get random people to flag and give them a "class" in the morning on what to do? Its a joke really.

Post a reply to: Cole Seely Crash at Muddy Creek

The Latest