Cole Seely

Hendo
3/2/2014 2:01am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2014 3:47am
Congrats to Seely! Whatta ride! Podiums his first race of '14 on a 450. I don't think the original post was to bash Canard at all. I'm a huge fan of both, but I must say it sure was cool seeing the #21 on the box. Way to go Seely and heal up soon 41!
Crush
3/2/2014 2:04am
I don't know why people are surprised, Seely did great the last time he was out on a 450, he's a good technical rider.
Hendo
3/2/2014 2:12am
Crush wrote:
I don't know why people are surprised, Seely did great the last time he was out on a 450, he's a good technical rider.
Agree!

Cheers right back to ya!
tek14
3/2/2014 2:19am
Hendo wrote:
Congrats to Seely! Whatta ride! Podiums his first race of '14 on a 450. I don't think the original post was to bash Canard at all...
Congrats to Seely! Whatta ride! Podiums his first race of '14 on a 450. I don't think the original post was to bash Canard at all. I'm a huge fan of both, but I must say it sure was cool seeing the #21 on the box. Way to go Seely and heal up soon 41!
First race? He did ride last year also..

The Shop

Hendo
3/2/2014 2:30am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2014 2:32am
Hendo wrote:
Congrats to Seely! Whatta ride! Podiums his first race of '14 on a 450. I don't think the original post was to bash Canard at all...
tek14 wrote:
First race? He did ride last year also..
I said first race on a 450 in '14 and got on the podium.
I don't recall mentioning last year. Giving props, that's it!
JonnyDH84
3/2/2014 2:30am
I like cole but lets be real hes not on canards level not yet anyway . Trey will come back strong just wait.
shredder22
3/2/2014 4:24am
1488 wrote:
im not bashing on trey, but cole just rode his bike to a podium finish and hes a fill in. when its contract time, who do...
im not bashing on trey, but cole just rode his bike to a podium finish and hes a fill in.

when its contract time, who do you think is gonna take his place?? what exactly has TC done for honda in the 450 class other than get hurt?
You have a funny way of framing things. He did string together 5 podium finishes in 2010, as a fill in 450 rider. Won 3 SX...
You have a funny way of framing things. He did string together 5 podium finishes in 2010, as a fill in 450 rider. Won 3 SX mains his rookie year (against a healthy field). countless podiums. And remember his performance last year at A1 after not racing for 11 months? That's what he's capable of; so just wait until he finds his groove. I thought he had a very solid year last year. He's also one of the most likable riders of the sport, and has done a great job representing Honda.

I was convinced there was still a chance until reading your post, but I will be sure to remove Trey off my church's prayer request for winning the 2014 supercross title first thing tomorrow. Wink

And congrats to Cole on his podium!
1488 wrote:
I agree with everything you said, but that was FOUR years ago.
Last year at A-1, where him and Davi battled for the lead all the way down to the last lap? That was 4 years ago? A healthy Canard is a badass. Seely has a very bright future in the 450 class. His SX skills are amazing. He could improve a little outdoors, but he might adapt well to the 450 and do good outdoors too. There's no need to say anything negative about either rider. They're both extremely talented.
mauimotox99
3/2/2014 5:19am
mom241 wrote:
Oh, okay. That makes it all good.

Wow
1488 wrote:
Good for Seeley, not so good for TC41 who might be out of a ride sooner or later. Frankly, he'll probably go to another factory team...
Good for Seeley, not so good for TC41 who might be out of a ride sooner or later.

Frankly, he'll probably go to another factory team before his career is over. He's not totally done, IMO.
Trav138 wrote:
WTF are you bashing on Trey for and show some respect you dumbass
where da mods at? forum laws say no name calling Tongue i mean sheeit my post got deleted cuz i called barcia a douche.Dry
ty159
3/2/2014 5:43am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2014 5:48am
1488 wrote:
nothing at all, just thought it was ironic that an oklahoma guy would talk shit on Seeley for doin' work
mom241 wrote:
Oh, okay. That makes it all good.

Wow
Mama C.... Don't listen to these guys.... There isn't one of them on here that could run with Trey, on their best day and Trey's worst.... But what you should be most proud of is the kind of young man you've raised! I met Trey in a staging line at the Mini O's in 06 maybe 07 with my son who was on minis. Trey talked to us like we were life long friends! My son was just enamored with him! He's a class act and to me, that's a huge reflection of what kind of parents he has! BTW, I lost my dad when I was 12 and was raised by my mother afterwards, so I have an idea of what kind hardships you guys have faced and that makes me respect his accomplishments that much more!!!

God Bless you and Trey and the rest of the Canard family!!!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
3/2/2014 6:08am
I love Cole Seely! But I also really like Trey. Have since his rookie season. He's a great rider who always gives it all he's got. People busting on him for his religion is bullshit. Why judge him? I bet Trey doesn't judge you on your lifestyle. Religion isn't my thing and it probably never will be, but I love Trey! I guarantee you he was one of the first to congratulate Cole on his ride. Because that's the kind of guy Trey is. He comes from a great family too.

As for Cole. He's a great supercross rider. I'm not shocked by his podium. Yes, riders went down at the start, but guess what? That's racing! Keeping it on the two wheels is part of the game. He didn't have to worry about Alessi crashing, he would have caught him anyways.
mom241
3/2/2014 6:43am
I think that Cole not only proved that he's a great rider, but that the factory Hondas are good. That was a tough track.
3/2/2014 6:44am
mom241 wrote:
I think that Cole not only proved that he's a great rider, but that the factory Hondas are good. That was a tough track.
Yeah, great showing for Seely.

Any of those top tier bikes and the upper level privateer bikes can win on any given day.
3/2/2014 6:53am
redrider52 wrote:
He did have great ride tonight, I'm not saying he didn't. All I'm saying is you have to look at all the factors that go into...
He did have great ride tonight, I'm not saying he didn't. All I'm saying is you have to look at all the factors that go into that finish.

Like I already said, Roczen, Stewart, Villopoto, Wilson were all down in the first turn. Roczen and Peick DNF'd. Brayton was riding while dealing with food poisoning. Reed, Canard, Millsaps and Weimer are all out with injuries.

Alessi almost beat him for a podium!!!!! Besides Atlanta, he hasnt finished better than 12th all season!

Its one good ride by Seely, let string a few more out before we lose our minds
Wasn't Tomac struggling to get by Alessi? Seely reeled in Tomac at the end of the race too. He's what, 6 races in? Seely has about of week of seat time and was running with him.
3/2/2014 7:24am
JonnyDH84 wrote:
I like cole but lets be real hes not on canards level not yet anyway . Trey will come back strong just wait.
Not on Canards level? If he wins the 250 west title he will be exactly hwere TC41 was before he moved up..the difference is he doesnt have a track record of crashing
redrider52
3/2/2014 8:23am
JonnyDH84 wrote:
1488 wrote:
Not on Canards level? If he wins the 250 west title he will be exactly hwere TC41 was before he moved up..the difference is he doesnt...
Not on Canards level? If he wins the 250 west title he will be exactly hwere TC41 was before he moved up..the difference is he doesnt have a track record of crashing
Cole Seely also doesn't have a track record of winning either.

Seems like you have forgotten that Trey won his lites title his first year in the class and also won a lites title outdoors too.

Cole has a long way to go before making it up to Trey's level.
Hut
3/2/2014 8:32am
1488 wrote:
Good for Seeley, not so good for TC41 who might be out of a ride sooner or later. Frankly, he'll probably go to another factory team...
Good for Seeley, not so good for TC41 who might be out of a ride sooner or later.

Frankly, he'll probably go to another factory team before his career is over. He's not totally done, IMO.
Trav138 wrote:
WTF are you bashing on Trey for and show some respect you dumbass
where da mods at? forum laws say no name calling Tongue i mean sheeit my post got deleted cuz i called barcia a douche.Dry
STFU
3/2/2014 11:27am
JonnyDH84 wrote:
1488 wrote:
Not on Canards level? If he wins the 250 west title he will be exactly hwere TC41 was before he moved up..the difference is he doesnt...
redrider52 wrote:
Cole Seely also doesn't have a track record of winning either. Seems like you have forgotten that Trey won his lites title his first year in...
Cole Seely also doesn't have a track record of winning either.

Seems like you have forgotten that Trey won his lites title his first year in the class and also won a lites title outdoors too.

Cole has a long way to go before making it up to Trey's level.
That was 4 years ago.

Post a reply to: Cole Seely

The Latest