Coldenhoff injured at Lommel today

Related:
Create New Tag

12/14/2018 5:41 AM

Just seen on my Instagram feed that Glen had a big off today. No head injuries & he's moving ok but has lower back pain.

Hopefully nothing too serious.

|

12/14/2018 6:12 AM

hope he is OK ...

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

12/14/2018 6:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2018 8:33 AM

I saw Price had just cracked one of his shoulder blades, and was off back to OZ for an Operation. But fully expecting to start the Dakar............

Shit happens - we are all doing something somewhat more risky than getting out of bed.

And, practice for any of these riders, is only useful if you are pushing the pace they need to Win with.

I hope Coldenhoff is OK - I feel his MXDN performance, might just have been the thing to bring him up higher towards the top of 'the Mountain', this coming year.

|

12/14/2018 7:42 AM

Bearuno wrote:

I saw Price had just cracked one of his shoulder blades, and was off back to OZ for an Operation. But fully expecting to start ...more

I hope he’s okay as well. But I don’t think his MXDN performance will elevate him much at all honestly. With 127 Grand Prix starts he has 2 wins. I would expect him to hover around top 5 with a few podiums and one or two more wins in his career. I hope I’m wrong though. It would be awesome to see him up front more.

|

12/14/2018 7:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2018 7:54 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I hope he’s okay as well. But I don’t think his MXDN performance will elevate him much at all honestly. With 127 Grand Prix ...more

Your expectations are much like mine for Coldenhoff.cool

Unlike many, I think results such as you describe, are / would be, surely something to be proud of. Especially in the MXGP World Championships.

Seems, with so very many Keyboard Warriors, anything less than winning everything, is Piss Poor.....

|

12/14/2018 8:01 AM

Bearuno wrote:

I saw Price had just cracked one of his shoulder blades, and was off back to OZ for an Operation. But fully expecting to start ...more

agn5009 wrote:

I hope he’s okay as well. But I don’t think his MXDN performance will elevate him much at all honestly. With 127 Grand Prix ...more

Bearuno wrote:

Your expectations are much like mine for Coldenhoff.cool

Unlike many, I think results such as you describe, are / would be, ...more

He should absolutely be proud. He’s an amazing rider who’s had a great career. Not many people can say they’ve made a nice career off of riding dirt bikes.

|

12/14/2018 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2018 9:11 AM

He went over the bars pretty bad, I think it might have been because of false neutral. It was super cold there today and I was already heading back to car, but decided to film last clip of him. I’m glad I did because I was able to warn the following riders not to jump on him. The practice had to be stopped for medics to be able to carry him out of the track and in to the ambulance.

|

12/14/2018 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2018 10:07 AM

MBR wrote:

He went over the bars pretty bad, I think it might have been because of false neutral. It was super cold there today and I was ...more

It was your post that I saw today. Did he walk off or was he carried ?

Edit I see that you said he was carried off

|

12/14/2018 9:42 AM

I hate to hear that. Thanks for letting those of us that don't do Instagram read the news.

I hope he recovers fully and quickly.

|

12/14/2018 10:05 AM

MBR wrote:

He went over the bars pretty bad, I think it might have been because of false neutral. It was super cold there today and I was ...more

Happy you decided to hang around. Had the riders behind not known, things could have been much worse. Injuries in this brutal sport are a way of life unfortunately. It would be great yo see everyone remain healthy, but that will never happen.

|

Honda Rules!

12/14/2018 10:08 AM

Bad news... hoping nothing serious and he gets well soon!

|

12/14/2018 2:29 PM

He had a great, classic day at the MXdN, it could be the moment for him to start winning more, never know. Hope he heals up.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

12/14/2018 3:05 PM

Here’s hoping the FMOTP is going to be just fine.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

12/14/2018 3:21 PM

According Standing Construct KTM -teams Instagram it looks like he has compressed vertebrae but has no further complications. He also has a fracture in his wrist which needs no surgery.

Heal up fast The Hoff!

Since it sounds like it isn't going to be too serious, I think it is ok to publish this video.

|

12/14/2018 3:28 PM

Holy fuck that was brutal, took me by surprise when it happened. Hoping for a quick recovery.

|

12/14/2018 3:29 PM

Crazy smooth riding, that crash came out of nowhere! Prayers for fast and complete recovery...

|

"I love the smell of race gas in the morning"

12/14/2018 3:30 PM

Ouch. Hope he comes out good!

|

12/14/2018 3:36 PM

Looked pretty bad bashed his face & maybe hurt his arm there but hope not broken, took a beating on frozen sand.

|

12/14/2018 3:43 PM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Holy fuck that was brutal, took me by surprise when it happened. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Caught me by surprise, too. I was enjoying watching him rip, and forgot about the crash for a second.

Glad to hear it was "only" a compressed vertebra and fractured wrist, and not something worse. He should have plenty of time to heal up and come out swinging when the GP season starts.

|

12/14/2018 3:43 PM

Just read press release compressed vertebra & fractured wrist, does not require surgery his team have said will be at 1st GP

|

12/14/2018 4:47 PM

MBR wrote:

According Standing Construct KTM -teams Instagram it looks like he has compressed vertebrae but has no further complications. ...more

Wow that was a very odd crash
Hope he gets well soon and will have some time to prepare for the first GP

|

12/14/2018 5:44 PM

He had to miss a shift there. That was brutal. Glad he's going to be ok.

|

12/14/2018 6:02 PM

I just watched that about 10 times trying to figure what happened...his forks compress a tiny tiny bit as normal on a sand face, the rear does nothing...freewheeled off but didn’t really kick at all. It does look like loss of forward drive at about the time the front wheel it ready to leave the face. So glad this wasn’t worse. Speedy recovery GC.

|

12/14/2018 6:04 PM

Wow that was brutal, i hope he can make it to rd1.

|

12/14/2018 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/14/2018 6:19 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

He had to miss a shift there. That was brutal. Glad he's going to be ok.

Like JB500 said , I watched it a fair few times to try to work out what happened.

Something along the lines of what l MBR and JB500 said - missed shift or popping out of gear, while maybe just hitting a bit of frozen sand to give the tiniest of 'kicks', just as it went into angel gear. Cartwheel time.

Things happen so damned quick - doing smooth, metronome like laps, then, Aye Carumbah! Plus, one previous poster mentioned the "just another lap / another clip" type thing. Those bastard things have a habit of getting you.

Hope he recovers quickly, and can build on his superb MXDN showing.

|

12/14/2018 6:28 PM

Kinda weird, his foot isn't even on the shifter... even well before the jump, It's like it jumped out of gear.

|

12/14/2018 9:25 PM

Definitely not playing soccer-football here! That was a massive dirt digger. Was just smooth and flying then fucking Bam! Heal fast Hof

|

12/15/2018 1:41 AM

Sudden loss of drive. But foot nowhere near the shifter. Chain?

|

12/15/2018 1:46 AM

Has to be a bike failure of some sort in my opinion. There is literally nothing going wrong right up until his wheels leave the ground.

Anyway I hope he he has a quick and full recovery.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

12/15/2018 1:53 AM

Seems he lost drive. Chain is loose on top even he is panic revvin bike in air. You can hit shifter with your inner toe tip while keeping toe facing inward. Glad he is not hurt worse that was hard hit he took and looked like his left shoulder popped out when i saw it first. If you ever been at Lommel that was crazy fast and smooth before crash. Get well soon.

|