Coldenhoff Crash Video

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
This looked so gnarly... heal up quick Glenn!

https://youtu.be/v1GgCB25pMs

Sorry, can’t embed from my phone.
|
peltier626
12/19/2018 8:01am
Very odd crash, his chain slacks up while panic revving. Wonder if it was a transmission issue?
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/19/2018 8:05am
Man that is horrible. Neutral?

The Shop

12/19/2018 8:16am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 8:16am
Man. Watching him at redbud and then seeing this seems like it can’t be the same guy. Goes to show how fast it can bite ya. And he was just having fun on a pinger looks like!

Guys so talented. I became a fan after watching him float across the redbud wet sand.
Talisker
12/19/2018 8:52am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 8:57am
peltier626 wrote:
Very odd crash, his chain slacks up while panic revving. Wonder if it was a transmission issue?
There's a thread on here called "False Neutral". I believe it was started a couple of days ago because of the Coldenhoff crash. Read all 3 pages, you will learn everything you need to know.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/19/2018 8:56am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 9:00am
peltier626 wrote:
Talisker wrote:
There's a thread on here called "False Neutral". I believe it was started a couple of days ago because of the Coldenhoff crash. Read all 3...
There's a thread on here called "False Neutral". I believe it was started a couple of days ago because of the Coldenhoff crash. Read all 3 pages, you will learn everything you need to know.
You mean the one where you said there was no such thing as a false neutral?
jeffro503
12/19/2018 9:00am
UHHGG!! Man that was a hard hit. Glad he'll end up being ok , from what I've read. The way his head snaps back could of been really , really bad. Not sure what happened there , but it looks like he was just fully pinned , where top end power level's off , chain got a little slack at the right moment when he hit a small kicker. In sand , it just dragged the front wheel just enough where he couldn't pull it back.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
12/19/2018 9:17am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 9:18am
That was a brutal crash.

It’s always been interesting to me, though, that some crashes look insane and there are no injuries, while others look relatively low speed/not too gnarly and the person sustains serious injury.

Chance is a strange thing.
Talisker
12/19/2018 9:57am
peltier626 wrote:
Talisker wrote:
There's a thread on here called "False Neutral". I believe it was started a couple of days ago because of the Coldenhoff crash. Read all 3...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yep thats the one. Really enjoyed reading everyones take and theories on the matter.
I think we may have found something that gets people to debate and argue just as much as the 250 2T vs 250 4T.

Noticed you post alot on vital and you live in Cali. Read the thread a while back of a guy that wanted to move from New York to Cali. Currently in France for the holidays and will be returning to the States in Feb/March. Was considering moving to Cali or North Carolina. In the end i may just move to Houston. Don't really care for the humidity in the south too much anymore. But Houston has motocross tracks open 7 days a week and a national forest for trail riding. I also like to road and mountains bike. What is a good area in Nor/So Cal to consider for this lifestyle? The price of living is what kinda turned me off. Send me a PM so we don't jack the OP's thread.
Thanks in advance
D
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/19/2018 10:07am
Talisker wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Talisker wrote:
Yep thats the one. Really enjoyed reading everyones take and theories on the matter. I think we may have found something that gets people to debate...
Yep thats the one. Really enjoyed reading everyones take and theories on the matter.
I think we may have found something that gets people to debate and argue just as much as the 250 2T vs 250 4T.

Noticed you post alot on vital and you live in Cali. Read the thread a while back of a guy that wanted to move from New York to Cali. Currently in France for the holidays and will be returning to the States in Feb/March. Was considering moving to Cali or North Carolina. In the end i may just move to Houston. Don't really care for the humidity in the south too much anymore. But Houston has motocross tracks open 7 days a week and a national forest for trail riding. I also like to road and mountains bike. What is a good area in Nor/So Cal to consider for this lifestyle? The price of living is what kinda turned me off. Send me a PM so we don't jack the OP's thread.
Thanks in advance
D
PM sent
Donovan759
12/19/2018 10:09am
peltier626 wrote:
Talisker wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Haha. Yeah that was rich. You find out who rides a dirt bike and who doesn't in threads like that.
Hammer 663s
12/19/2018 10:11am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 10:14am
There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace.

Hammer 663s

PS - for the clowns that insist that tuck and roll is possible. BS. If he can't, we sure as hell can't.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/19/2018 10:14am
There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear...
There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace.

Hammer 663s

PS - for the clowns that insist that tuck and roll is possible. BS. If he can't, we sure as hell can't.
Having had a crash where I went face first like Coldenhoff did, I respectfully disagree. Mine shoved into my throat so bad and it was a low speed crash. I believe it would have made things much worse for him. Unless it was a brace with the front being open.
Hammer 663s
12/19/2018 10:21am
There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear...

Hammer 663s

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Having had a crash where I went face first like Coldenhoff did, I respectfully disagree. Mine shoved into my throat so bad and it was a...
Having had a crash where I went face first like Coldenhoff did, I respectfully disagree. Mine shoved into my throat so bad and it was a low speed crash. I believe it would have made things much worse for him. Unless it was a brace with the front being open.
I disagree with your assumption that a brace would have done more harm. Your sample size is 1, insufficient data. It's sure seems that no brace was not a good choice in this case.

Maybe we can get him to do it again with a neck brace on now that this test is done. Wink
SPODEBOY
12/19/2018 10:35am
Watch his left foot as he approaches the take off. Looks like he is trying to up shift and it refuses...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/19/2018 10:36am

Hammer 663s

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Having had a crash where I went face first like Coldenhoff did, I respectfully disagree. Mine shoved into my throat so bad and it was a...
I disagree with your assumption that a brace would have done more harm. Your sample size is 1, insufficient data. It's sure seems that no brace...
I disagree with your assumption that a brace would have done more harm. Your sample size is 1, insufficient data. It's sure seems that no brace was not a good choice in this case.

Maybe we can get him to do it again with a neck brace on now that this test is done. Wink
Nope, nope. Seeing that crash happen once was enough!

That was a brutal hit though. Can't believe he moved so quickly after. Most guys just lay there.
peelout
12/19/2018 11:39am
I disagree with your assumption that a brace would have done more harm. Your sample size is 1, insufficient data. It's sure seems that no brace...

which neck-brace company do you work for?

Lucifa.
12/19/2018 11:46am

Hammer 663s

"There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace."

Prove it.
Hammer 663s
12/19/2018 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 2:02pm

Hammer 663s

Lucifa. wrote:
"There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear...
"There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace."

Prove it.
Can't, anymore than someone can prove he was better off not wearing one. But I got that little thing called "common sense". When I watch that video it's pretty clear to me that I'd rather be wearing one on a hit like that. So if I do ever hit the ground like that (not very damn likely at my age/speed!) I'll be wearing one, as I do every time I get on the bike.

Hammer

Edit - Youtube link says he suffered compressed vertebrae.
uk125250
12/19/2018 3:16pm
Can't, anymore than someone can prove he was better off not wearing one. But I got that little thing called "common sense". When I watch that...
Can't, anymore than someone can prove he was better off not wearing one. But I got that little thing called "common sense". When I watch that video it's pretty clear to me that I'd rather be wearing one on a hit like that. So if I do ever hit the ground like that (not very damn likely at my age/speed!) I'll be wearing one, as I do every time I get on the bike.

Hammer

Something ne just tells you why it hurt him in a similar crash, yet you insist it’s not possible for the same thing to happen to any other human wearing a brace. Rich
Hammer 663s
12/19/2018 4:03pm
Can't, anymore than someone can prove he was better off not wearing one. But I got that little thing called "common sense". When I watch that...

Hammer

uk125250 wrote:
Something ne just tells you why it hurt him in a similar crash, yet you insist it’s not possible for the same thing to happen to...
Something ne just tells you why it hurt him in a similar crash, yet you insist it’s not possible for the same thing to happen to any other human wearing a brace. Rich
Come on Rich, some reading comprehension please. We are talking ODDS here, not guarantees. Of course it's possible that he could get hurt badly with one. It's just simple common sense that protective gear will likely reduce the rate and/or severity of injuries. The human body is mostly soft squishy stuff, not designed for impact with other objects, at speed. Or we'd all ride naked.

Hammer
hillbilly
12/19/2018 4:14pm
Man ,I really dig all the wood.stakes and cable , Vlad the impaler run that place?

And 85s on track at the same time,things never change no matter how many lessons
JM485
12/19/2018 4:43pm

Hammer 663s

I think you're dead on about a brace helping in this crash, but saying that tucking and rolling isn't possible is complete crap. Maybe not in all scenarios (including this one), but to say you never can is just totally wrong. For the record I wear a brace every time I'm on the bike.
McG194
12/19/2018 4:44pm
Am I the only one that thinks he rides a bit lazy/effortless. I will admit that I don't watch the Euros much and the most I saw him was at Red Bud but he is hardly moving around on the bike at all. I am not insulting him at all or questioning his riding because he flies but he was sitting an awful lot and besides him not moving around much the bike was very quiet below him. I would be willing to bet that his suspension would be way too soft for any top American.
uk125250
12/19/2018 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 4:51pm
Come on Rich, some reading comprehension please. We are talking ODDS here, not guarantees. Of course it's possible that he could get hurt badly with one...
Come on Rich, some reading comprehension please. We are talking ODDS here, not guarantees. Of course it's possible that he could get hurt badly with one. It's just simple common sense that protective gear will likely reduce the rate and/or severity of injuries. The human body is mostly soft squishy stuff, not designed for impact with other objects, at speed. Or we'd all ride naked.

Hammer
You have common sense, and apparently the other poster does not. My reading comprehension is fine.

Toolbag is more appropriate than hammer
TeamFlannel
12/19/2018 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 12/19/2018 5:06pm
Best wishes to Hoff259? Been there, done that, but mine was compression T4,5,6. He was lucky. I usually don't watch crash vids, but still think back on mine, even though it back in 85'. Wanted to see what it takes. Man that was gnarly. Get Well soon?

Post a reply to: Coldenhoff Crash Video

The Latest