Coldenhoff Crash Video

Related:
Create New Tag

12/19/2018 7:53 AM

This looked so gnarly... heal up quick Glenn!

Sorry, can’t embed from my phone.
|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/19/2018 8:01 AM

that's why i don't practice, bro

?start=100
|

12/19/2018 8:01 AM

Very odd crash, his chain slacks up while panic revving. Wonder if it was a transmission issue?

|

12/19/2018 8:04 AM

Frickin Frak! That would suck!

|

12/19/2018 8:05 AM

Man that is horrible. Neutral?

|

12/19/2018 8:05 AM

Wow, he hit hard...ugh

|

12/19/2018 8:11 AM

Dang.. That sucks! Heal up quick!

|

12/19/2018 8:14 AM

Hurt to watch. Hope he recovers quickly!

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

12/19/2018 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 8:16 AM

Man. Watching him at redbud and then seeing this seems like it can’t be the same guy. Goes to show how fast it can bite ya. And he was just having fun on a pinger looks like!

Guys so talented. I became a fan after watching him float across the redbud wet sand.

|

GP740
Since 1987

12/19/2018 8:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 8:57 AM

peltier626 wrote:

Very odd crash, his chain slacks up while panic revving. Wonder if it was a transmission issue?

There's a thread on here called "False Neutral". I believe it was started a couple of days ago because of the Coldenhoff crash. Read all 3 pages, you will learn everything you need to know.

|

12/19/2018 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 9:00 AM

peltier626 wrote:

Talisker wrote:

There's a thread on here called "False Neutral". I believe it was started a couple of days ago because of the Coldenhoff crash. Read all 3 pages, you will learn everything you need to know.

You mean the one where you said there was no such thing as a false neutral?

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/19/2018 9:00 AM

UHHGG!! Man that was a hard hit. Glad he'll end up being ok , from what I've read. The way his head snaps back could of been really , really bad. Not sure what happened there , but it looks like he was just fully pinned , where top end power level's off , chain got a little slack at the right moment when he hit a small kicker. In sand , it just dragged the front wheel just enough where he couldn't pull it back.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/19/2018 9:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 9:18 AM

That was a brutal crash.

It’s always been interesting to me, though, that some crashes look insane and there are no injuries, while others look relatively low speed/not too gnarly and the person sustains serious injury.

Chance is a strange thing.

|

12/19/2018 9:57 AM

peltier626 wrote:

Talisker wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Yep thats the one. Really enjoyed reading everyones take and theories on the matter.
I think we may have found something that gets people to debate and argue just as much as the 250 2T vs 250 4T.

Noticed you post alot on vital and you live in Cali. Read the thread a while back of a guy that wanted to move from New York to Cali. Currently in France for the holidays and will be returning to the States in Feb/March. Was considering moving to Cali or North Carolina. In the end i may just move to Houston. Don't really care for the humidity in the south too much anymore. But Houston has motocross tracks open 7 days a week and a national forest for trail riding. I also like to road and mountains bike. What is a good area in Nor/So Cal to consider for this lifestyle? The price of living is what kinda turned me off. Send me a PM so we don't jack the OP's thread.
Thanks in advance
D

|

12/19/2018 10:07 AM

Talisker wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Talisker wrote:

Yep thats the one. Really enjoyed reading everyones take and theories on the matter.
I think we may have found something that gets people to debate and argue just as much as the 250 2T vs 250 4T.

Noticed you post alot on vital and you live in Cali. Read the thread a while back of a guy that wanted to move from New York to Cali. Currently in France for the holidays and will be returning to the States in Feb/March. Was considering moving to Cali or North Carolina. In the end i may just move to Houston. Don't really care for the humidity in the south too much anymore. But Houston has motocross tracks open 7 days a week and a national forest for trail riding. I also like to road and mountains bike. What is a good area in Nor/So Cal to consider for this lifestyle? The price of living is what kinda turned me off. Send me a PM so we don't jack the OP's thread.
Thanks in advance
D

PM sent

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

12/19/2018 10:09 AM

peltier626 wrote:

Talisker wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Haha. Yeah that was rich. You find out who rides a dirt bike and who doesn't in threads like that.

|

12/19/2018 10:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 10:14 AM

There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace.

Hammer 663s

PS - for the clowns that insist that tuck and roll is possible. BS. If he can't, we sure as hell can't.

|

12/19/2018 10:14 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace.

Hammer 663s

PS - for the clowns that insist that tuck and roll is possible. BS. If he can't, we sure as hell can't.

Having had a crash where I went face first like Coldenhoff did, I respectfully disagree. Mine shoved into my throat so bad and it was a low speed crash. I believe it would have made things much worse for him. Unless it was a brace with the front being open.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

12/19/2018 10:21 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Having had a crash where I went face first like Coldenhoff did, I respectfully disagree. Mine shoved into my throat so bad and it was a low speed crash. I believe it would have made things much worse for him. Unless it was a brace with the front being open.

I disagree with your assumption that a brace would have done more harm. Your sample size is 1, insufficient data. It's sure seems that no brace was not a good choice in this case.

Maybe we can get him to do it again with a neck brace on now that this test is done. wink

|

12/19/2018 10:35 AM

Watch his left foot as he approaches the take off. Looks like he is trying to up shift and it refuses...

|

12/19/2018 10:36 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Hammer 663s wrote:

I disagree with your assumption that a brace would have done more harm. Your sample size is 1, insufficient data. It's sure seems that no brace was not a good choice in this case.

Maybe we can get him to do it again with a neck brace on now that this test is done. wink

Nope, nope. Seeing that crash happen once was enough!

That was a brutal hit though. Can't believe he moved so quickly after. Most guys just lay there.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

12/19/2018 11:39 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

which neck-brace company do you work for?

|

12/19/2018 11:46 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

"There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace."

Prove it.

|

12/19/2018 1:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 2:02 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

Lucifa. wrote:

"There's also a current thread ongoing about Neck Brace use and its impact on injury prevention. This video is a perfect example of why to wear a neck brace. I'd wager that he'd not be hurt so badly with an Atlas or Leatt or any modern brace."

Prove it.

Can't, anymore than someone can prove he was better off not wearing one. But I got that little thing called "common sense". When I watch that video it's pretty clear to me that I'd rather be wearing one on a hit like that. So if I do ever hit the ground like that (not very damn likely at my age/speed!) I'll be wearing one, as I do every time I get on the bike.

Hammer

Edit - Youtube link says he suffered compressed vertebrae.

|

12/19/2018 3:16 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Can't, anymore than someone can prove he was better off not wearing one. But I got that little thing called "common sense". When I watch that video it's pretty clear to me that I'd rather be wearing one on a hit like that. So if I do ever hit the ground like that (not very damn likely at my age/speed!) I'll be wearing one, as I do every time I get on the bike.

Hammer

Something ne just tells you why it hurt him in a similar crash, yet you insist it’s not possible for the same thing to happen to any other human wearing a brace. Rich

|

12/19/2018 4:03 PM

Lucifa. wrote:

Prove it.

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer

uk125250 wrote:

Something ne just tells you why it hurt him in a similar crash, yet you insist it’s not possible for the same thing to happen to any other human wearing a brace. Rich

Come on Rich, some reading comprehension please. We are talking ODDS here, not guarantees. Of course it's possible that he could get hurt badly with one. It's just simple common sense that protective gear will likely reduce the rate and/or severity of injuries. The human body is mostly soft squishy stuff, not designed for impact with other objects, at speed. Or we'd all ride naked.

Hammer

|

12/19/2018 4:14 PM

Man ,I really dig all the wood.stakes and cable , Vlad the impaler run that place?

And 85s on track at the same time,things never change no matter how many lessons

|

12/19/2018 4:43 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Hammer 663s

I think you're dead on about a brace helping in this crash, but saying that tucking and rolling isn't possible is complete crap. Maybe not in all scenarios (including this one), but to say you never can is just totally wrong. For the record I wear a brace every time I'm on the bike.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/19/2018 4:44 PM

Am I the only one that thinks he rides a bit lazy/effortless. I will admit that I don't watch the Euros much and the most I saw him was at Red Bud but he is hardly moving around on the bike at all. I am not insulting him at all or questioning his riding because he flies but he was sitting an awful lot and besides him not moving around much the bike was very quiet below him. I would be willing to bet that his suspension would be way too soft for any top American.

|

12/19/2018 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2018 4:51 PM

Hammer 663s wrote:

Come on Rich, some reading comprehension please. We are talking ODDS here, not guarantees. Of course it's possible that he could get hurt badly with one. It's just simple common sense that protective gear will likely reduce the rate and/or severity of injuries. The human body is mostly soft squishy stuff, not designed for impact with other objects, at speed. Or we'd all ride naked.

Hammer

You have common sense, and apparently the other poster does not. My reading comprehension is fine.

Toolbag is more appropriate than hammer

|