Cody Cooper Tarawera 100 Video

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
Cody Cooper won the 40th Annual Tarawera 100 on the weekend, a 100 mile endurance race that is the biggest single Cross COuntry race in New Zealand, its the 5th time he has won it equalling the record for the most wins,

heres the go pro of the first couple of laps,

|
Lucifa.
8/8/2017 1:35pm
Awesome vid, Cheers mate!
Tonynz
8/8/2017 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2017 2:51pm
I hope Cody survived having a GOPRO mounted on his helmet. Smile
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/8/2017 4:11pm
Tonynz wrote:
I hope Cody survived having a GOPRO mounted on his helmet. Smile
Non Mnz event, so no worries,

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/8/2017 5:16pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
God damn I'd love to ride terrain like that
No kidding! Pristine!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/8/2017 5:47pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
God damn I'd love to ride terrain like that
kzizok wrote:
No kidding! Pristine!
45 minutes from where i live, great area, where i first learnt to ride,

this was one of the best tarawera 100 tracks i have ridden, it was a month later than usual and a heap dryer, wicked find track,
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
8/8/2017 10:02pm
I'd love to race that!
Plugga
8/9/2017 12:50am
I raced it about 20 years ago.

All I remember was a stretch of bog about 500m long by 100m wide. Bikes stuck everywhere including mine. When I was digging out the back wheel an eel the size of my leg slithered out of the mud. Gave me the fright of my life.

DNF'd. Went back to town. Brought the bike inside the motel room for the night. (on a tarp covered in mud)

Car & trailer got stolen from the carpark that night.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/9/2017 3:58am
Plugga wrote:
I raced it about 20 years ago. All I remember was a stretch of bog about 500m long by 100m wide. Bikes stuck everywhere including mine...
I raced it about 20 years ago.

All I remember was a stretch of bog about 500m long by 100m wide. Bikes stuck everywhere including mine. When I was digging out the back wheel an eel the size of my leg slithered out of the mud. Gave me the fright of my life.

DNF'd. Went back to town. Brought the bike inside the motel room for the night. (on a tarp covered in mud)

Car & trailer got stolen from the carpark that night.
it is held in a different area of the forrest now, and no longer do they bus people to the bogs and river crossings, infact this year there was no streams or anything to cross,

your car and trailer getting stolen in Kawerau would still be on the cards tho,
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
8/9/2017 5:46am
That's awesome! The first few minutes I watched looked like a video game where you're just riding around random terrain.
Badd127
Fantasy
2111th
8/10/2017 12:10am
@ 1hr 48min "sorry, sorry buddy" Laughing

Awesome riding, awesome track.
jemcee
8/10/2017 2:04am
I've never really been drawn to that sort of riding but man that just looked awesome
And that terrain and environment was the most New Zealand New Zealand has ever New Zealanded
Plugga
8/10/2017 2:19am
jemcee wrote:
I've never really been drawn to that sort of riding but man that just looked awesome And that terrain and environment was the most New Zealand...
I've never really been drawn to that sort of riding but man that just looked awesome
And that terrain and environment was the most New Zealand New Zealand has ever New Zealanded
Mate, I've raced in both countries extensively and I can tell you straight up that NZ has the best riding/racing areas hands down. And the lack of nanny government rules are refreshing. Sign your "enter at your own risk" waiver at the gate and saddle up.

You probably not drawn to it because their aren't any events in Aus like it. (not that I can find) Sad

jemcee
8/10/2017 2:29am
Plugga wrote:
Mate, I've raced in both countries extensively and I can tell you straight up that NZ has the best riding/racing areas hands down. And the lack...
Mate, I've raced in both countries extensively and I can tell you straight up that NZ has the best riding/racing areas hands down. And the lack of nanny government rules are refreshing. Sign your "enter at your own risk" waiver at the gate and saddle up.

You probably not drawn to it because their aren't any events in Aus like it. (not that I can find) Sad

Haha yeah maybe but I've just always been a pound laps kinda dude haha There's actually a pretty good state forest here called Bungabee which is popular with the bushies and I tried to ride there with some mates but I was constantly freaking out the whole time not knowing what was coming up, I was even a little uneasy watching that vid haha
It's a definite skill I don't seem to have
Plugga
8/10/2017 2:43am
Plugga wrote:
Mate, I've raced in both countries extensively and I can tell you straight up that NZ has the best riding/racing areas hands down. And the lack...

jemcee wrote:
Haha yeah maybe but I've just always been a pound laps kinda dude haha There's actually a pretty good state forest here called Bungabee which is...
Haha yeah maybe but I've just always been a pound laps kinda dude haha There's actually a pretty good state forest here called Bungabee which is popular with the bushies and I tried to ride there with some mates but I was constantly freaking out the whole time not knowing what was coming up, I was even a little uneasy watching that vid haha
It's a definite skill I don't seem to have
I don't blame you. Riding state forests is dangerous. You never know when Shane & Baz are coming the other way in their clapped out Patrol. Best to ride organised events where you're all going in the same direction.

Hare Scrambles 20km MX track. Good fun.
Titan1
8/31/2017 4:26pm
scott_nz wrote:
Cody Cooper won the 40th Annual Tarawera 100 on the weekend, a 100 mile endurance race that is the biggest single Cross COuntry race in New...
Cody Cooper won the 40th Annual Tarawera 100 on the weekend, a 100 mile endurance race that is the biggest single Cross COuntry race in New Zealand, its the 5th time he has won it equalling the record for the most wins,

Man I'd love to race that....So much fun.

I prefer the point to point...hare and hound style race...to the hare scramble format (multiple laps on the same course), but that terrain looks delicious!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/31/2017 6:30pm
scott_nz wrote:
Cody Cooper won the 40th Annual Tarawera 100 on the weekend, a 100 mile endurance race that is the biggest single Cross COuntry race in New...

Titan1 wrote:
Man I'd love to race that....So much fun. I prefer the point to point...hare and hound style race...to the hare scramble format (multiple laps on the...
Man I'd love to race that....So much fun.

I prefer the point to point...hare and hound style race...to the hare scramble format (multiple laps on the same course), but that terrain looks delicious!
most our races are shot gun start format like this, (and yes no sissy flag starts around here, shotgun goes off behind the riders) if you get down here, i can sort a bike, i got 25th overall this year riding in a 2 man team, and 2nd in the 2 man 1 bike class on a KX125, first 125 home,

here is the compilation vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfDCo3Z6gU4

Post a reply to: Cody Cooper Tarawera 100 Video

The Latest