CocaCola to buy Monster Energy?

Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 5:12pm
or that is the rumor right now.

And its a strong enough rumor that CocaCola came out and denied it. Which in most corporate type settings can often be a confirmation of the rumor.

11 billion is the rumored amount.

Could have a major impact on this sport and many others that depend on the energy drink company.

There is no telling how they could change things at Monster but CocaCola has traditionally stayed away from "dangerous' sports. Which is a lil ironic considering that both CocaCola and energy drinks in general are two of the more unhealthy things you can ingest but that is besides the point.

Rumors of Valentino Rossi (Monster Energy rider) starting up a private team next year with CocaCola as the lead sponsor, and getting a third factory Yamaha to race in MotoGP have been floating around for about a month. Monster has never really cared about the international stuff as far as support goes. Just a helmet here and there but if CocaCola gets involved and changes things it could mean a redirection of funds to other motorsports. And possibly a spending war with RedBull. Folks in MotoGP are excited due to the fact that they sorta missed out on the energy drink sponsorship trend and they are in sore need of funding.

That may or may not leave SX/MX in a bit of trouble.

A lot of speculation in this post. A lot of guestimations. But this is just some of the stuff Ive been reading and hearing. Good food for thought and discussion.

(and btw, isnt it amazing that something as simple as a brand, such as Monster, can be worth 10x what Ducati just sold for? That is a crazy notion IMO)
|
tobz
5/3/2012 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 4:09pm

The Shop

5/3/2012 4:19pm
tobz wrote:
I think it was 1 or 2 weeks ago there were about 5 threads on this, and then 3-5 days ago coke denied it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/30/us-monster-cocacola-idUSBRE83…
Sorry. I missed it then. Which should not have happened. Any thread that wasnt a Suzuki/Bubba thread should have stuck out like a sore thumb. My bad.
Cygnus
5/3/2012 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2012 5:13pm
You are such a Jabroni!

Post a reply to: CocaCola to buy Monster Energy?

The Latest