Coasting in corners

brimx153
7/7/2017 6:46am
Turbojez wrote:
"Very softly, constant power", carrying momentum, not coasting. Even slightly opening the throttle means he's not coasting. He also said not to use the clutch on...
"Very softly, constant power", carrying momentum, not coasting. Even slightly opening the throttle means he's not coasting. He also said not to use the clutch on the 4 stroke.
he said coast between two cones ,no gas or brakes , then next two cones, slightly opening the throttle . do nothing mid corner means coasting. riders use different techniques . this is just one way. i just know he was a very fast rider , and dungey was good at this technique. Everts was the master of it . then you had RC and RV who never used it . but to say some of the top riders dont coast is wrong .

He also said not to use the clutch on the 4 stroke , only for certian turn s ,say s use it for other s

both ways of riding is right just which suits you better ,imo
Camp332
7/7/2017 8:17am
I always get my riding tips from Vital Bro.
Mini Elsinore
7/7/2017 8:35am
Have Gary Bailey take a flagstick to your forearm when you 'coast by'.... That did it for me. Tongue
tcallahan707
7/7/2017 9:00am
Techniques change fellas. The "on the gas or on the brakes" mentality is in the past. With the current bikes, one should brake earlier, set their corner speed, roll through the corner, accelerate while still hitting your line.

Brake, roll, accelerate. Roll speed is the key to going fast. Dungey was phenomenal at this.

The Shop

brimx153
7/7/2017 9:15am
Techniques change fellas. The "on the gas or on the brakes" mentality is in the past. With the current bikes, one should brake earlier, set their...
Techniques change fellas. The "on the gas or on the brakes" mentality is in the past. With the current bikes, one should brake earlier, set their corner speed, roll through the corner, accelerate while still hitting your line.

Brake, roll, accelerate. Roll speed is the key to going fast. Dungey was phenomenal at this.
this .
kkawboy14
7/7/2017 9:58am
Turbojez wrote:
"Very softly, constant power", carrying momentum, not coasting. Even slightly opening the throttle means he's not coasting. He also said not to use the clutch on...
"Very softly, constant power", carrying momentum, not coasting. Even slightly opening the throttle means he's not coasting. He also said not to use the clutch on the 4 stroke.
brimx153 wrote:
he said coast between two cones ,no gas or brakes , then next two cones, slightly opening the throttle . [embed] https://youtu.be/IiAKbfK-MV0 [/embed] do nothing mid...
he said coast between two cones ,no gas or brakes , then next two cones, slightly opening the throttle . do nothing mid corner means coasting. riders use different techniques . this is just one way. i just know he was a very fast rider , and dungey was good at this technique. Everts was the master of it . then you had RC and RV who never used it . but to say some of the top riders dont coast is wrong .

He also said not to use the clutch on the 4 stroke , only for certian turn s ,say s use it for other s

both ways of riding is right just which suits you better ,imo
Flat hard pack turns are the hardest turns to go fast in. It's just about getting around them without sliding out.
I mostly ride sand where in your either on the brakes or on the gas.
IceMan446
7/7/2017 10:08am
You always hear Fro or Langston talk about rolling the corners. Thats that little second of no gas or brakes to let the bike settle before you get back on the gas.

Keefer has explained it really well on the Pulp show before. Seems easy enough to do but its rather hard.
7/7/2017 10:43am
"Heros drive into the corners, legends drive off" - Jeff Gordon
Hut
7/7/2017 8:57pm
This seemed to work pretty good.

potatoflake
7/9/2017 6:55pm
Don't brake until your butt holee is at least 90% puckered
doofy
7/9/2017 7:18pm
Hut wrote:
This seemed to work pretty good. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/07/203935/s1200_RV_FTE.jpg[/img]
This seemed to work pretty good.

gosh what a freak, he woulda been a good flat tracker

Post a reply to: Coasting in corners

The Latest