Clutch questions

Tryhard
Im healing up from an injury and just about getting ready to get back on the bike . Ive been notified by the dealer that there was a recall for my clutch basket on my 18' crf 250r . So i call them up to try and see if i can get the part so i can install it myself , Im told that i must bring it in and have the service department do it , and it could be 2 to 3 months because they are back ordered ....

Anyways , i really dont want to toy with it . I want to put and aftermarket basket in it . But then i got to looking at this rekluse auto clutch . And it seems pretty cool , but more geared to woods riders , and i heard it needs to be adjusted alot . Just looking for some feedback , i can get the the full hinson clutch for around 700 bucks , and the rekluse is 1000 .

How does your rekluse work for you ?
Mx riding ? Woods riding ? let me know
|
kb228
8/21/2018 11:40am
Not sure what one it is youre looking at. But ive got the zstart pro in my 450. I liked it at first because the lever pull feels like the cable is disconnected. But shifting is weird.

Ive seen the newer/higher end ones are supposedly a lot better.
Tryhard
8/21/2018 11:50am
kb228 wrote:
Not sure what one it is youre looking at. But ive got the zstart pro in my 450. I liked it at first because the lever...
Not sure what one it is youre looking at. But ive got the zstart pro in my 450. I liked it at first because the lever pull feels like the cable is disconnected. But shifting is weird.

Ive seen the newer/higher end ones are supposedly a lot better.
From what im reading , the more you spend the better the function . I just wanted some feedback before i threw down the money on something that does not suit me .
8/21/2018 11:58am
Even with rekluse radius cx you still use stock basket... I put in a rekluse billet basket and rekluse radius cx. It's sweet for woods riding. I rarely use my clutch lever anymore. It's pretty pricey for the full system, but worth it for what I do.
8/21/2018 11:59am
Oh also I've put 30 hrs on my clutch and it hasn't needed adjusted ever. I check free play every ride.

Post a reply to: Clutch questions

The Latest