Club MX practice

4DAIVIPAI2K5
Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 2:47pm
Has anyone been to Club to ride/practice for a day. The only new video I can find is this

Looks like a track roped off with tape, that you pay $30 bucks a day to ride. Are there more track's open to the public with out doing training?

Thanks.
|
cody41
12/21/2018 5:00am
Their practice facility track is always open, and once in a while they open the front track and sand track. I’m not sure what that roped off grass track is all about...
DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
12/21/2018 6:48am
Its a check mark off the bucket list. Go ride it.

The track your referring too was the "new" practice track. They ran out of time with insurance/hurricane prior to the club open day. I have no doubt it will be just like the other tracks. AMAZING!!!!!
racerxx276
12/21/2018 6:59am
too bad they will be putting jumps on the "Grass track"next week , I was hoping to ride it before it got SXed...

The Shop

4DAIVIPAI2K5
12/21/2018 8:32am
So there is the "grass track" plus an actual track open to the public correct.
Naanak
12/21/2018 8:54am
So there is the "grass track" plus an actual track open to the public correct.
The grass track is the new public track in the making.
therj_629
12/21/2018 9:12am
I live at club and all the guys said the new practice track(grass track) is one of the funnest tracks they’ve ridden
4DAIVIPAI2K5
12/21/2018 9:18am
So only the Grass track currently.

If thats the case I don't want to make a 9hr drive just for the boy to ride sessions in a field
racerxx276
12/21/2018 9:32am
therj_629 wrote:
I live at club and all the guys said the new practice track(grass track) is one of the funnest tracks they’ve ridden
until they ruin it with jumps...
DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
12/21/2018 11:09am
So only the Grass track currently. If thats the case I don't want to make a 9hr drive just for the boy to ride sessions in...

If thats the case I don't want to make a 9hr drive just for the boy to ride sessions in a field
go look at the videos on their Instagram.
Pape718
12/21/2018 11:16am
So only the Grass track currently. If thats the case I don't want to make a 9hr drive just for the boy to ride sessions in...

That was the first weekend they opened it, it's not grass no more
Jack_4196
Fantasy
3336th
12/21/2018 11:43am
therj_629 wrote:
racerxx276 wrote:
You sound like the old man on his porch screaming get off my lawn
4One7
Fantasy
2538th
12/21/2018 12:13pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrgJHRMg9Xt/

This is what the practice track is like currently. This is the track you are referring to as the "grass track". There has been a fair amount of rain in the area lately so they had the sand track open today according to the Facebook page.
TJMX947
12/21/2018 12:37pm
I'm a Club MX local.

The "Grass Track" which is the new public practice track is super fun...its not really a grass track anymore. Last I rode it had a pretty good rhythm section that I could only do the first two jumps of (three jumps total) and a really good set of whoops. Super deep, super rough off camber turns. Its really awesome. Maybe if you make a 9 hour drive you cold sweet talk them into letting you rip on the Sand Track.

The layout is pretty wide open and if its anything like the old practice track they won't put any crazy jumps on it...The finish line table was a booter but otherwise a couple of doubles and triples with tame lower trajectory options.

Anyhoo the old practice track is going to be turned into Supercross tracks.
FWYT
12/21/2018 12:39pm
therj_629 wrote:
racerxx276 wrote:
Jack_4196 wrote:
Actually, he sounds like the wise old man saying "don't fuck up a good thing."
TJMX947
12/21/2018 12:42pm
DTR830 wrote:
Its a check mark off the bucket list. Go ride it. The track your referring too was the "new" practice track. They ran out of time...

The track your referring too was the "new" practice track. They ran out of time with insurance/hurricane prior to the club open day. I have no doubt it will be just like the other tracks. AMAZING!!!!!
Someone told me they had permitting issues. At the entrance is an old track called Sand Hill, we used to race there back in the day. Its definitely an icon of the Carolina MX scene...basically looks like a junkyard now. I heard the owner caused a big stink and it put their ability to break ground on hold. Zack Osbourne used to race out there a lot and I believe that's what made him look for land in the area to build Club Mx.

I've always wondered how that guy felt knowing all these people from all over the country want to come there to ride an they drive right by his rundown ass track.
racerxx276
12/21/2018 3:18pm
racerxx276 wrote:
Jack_4196 wrote:
FWYT wrote:
You are correct, I am old... that doesn't mean I'm stupid or slow or don't jump everything. Racing happens on the ground!

There's a reason why the GNCC /offroad folks can attract 2000+ riders on a w/e and the local MX track can't survive financially. The tracks are too dangerous with all the jumps. People choose to ride/race at an event that will still allow them to show up for work on mon. And I know the young kids want to jump so they can rest in the air and not have to be in shape (-:

That said, I won't be at club MX till next week and by then , what's left of the grass track will be changed.

By the way.. what the hell are you doing on my lawn anyway!
yz133rider
12/22/2018 5:32am
Jack_4196 wrote:
FWYT wrote:
racerxx276 wrote:
You are correct, I am old... that doesn't mean I'm stupid or slow or don't jump everything. Racing happens on the ground! There's a reason why...
You are correct, I am old... that doesn't mean I'm stupid or slow or don't jump everything. Racing happens on the ground!

There's a reason why the GNCC /offroad folks can attract 2000+ riders on a w/e and the local MX track can't survive financially. The tracks are too dangerous with all the jumps. People choose to ride/race at an event that will still allow them to show up for work on mon. And I know the young kids want to jump so they can rest in the air and not have to be in shape (-:

That said, I won't be at club MX till next week and by then , what's left of the grass track will be changed.

By the way.. what the hell are you doing on my lawn anyway!
Agreed x1,000,000
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
12/22/2018 6:09am
The old practice track was awesome. I loved the woods section. Pretty good elevation.

The new practice track looks good, but judging by the videos so far nothing really special.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
12/22/2018 2:34pm
Track was sweet.
Started out ruff for the boy for his third ride on a 65 and first outdoor ride. By the end of the 6hr day he improved a ton.
They don't need to change it.

Second session he went over the bars at speed, filthy Phil picked him up lol.

DTR830
Fantasy
1057th
12/24/2018 11:05am
Track was sweet. Started out ruff for the boy for his third ride on a 65 and first outdoor ride. By the end of the 6hr...
Track was sweet.
Started out ruff for the boy for his third ride on a 65 and first outdoor ride. By the end of the 6hr day he improved a ton.
They don't need to change it.

Second session he went over the bars at speed, filthy Phil picked him up lol.

glad you made the haul. Knew the boy would enjoy it.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
12/24/2018 2:46pm
DTR830 wrote:
Its a check mark off the bucket list. Go ride it. The track your referring too was the "new" practice track. They ran out of time...

TJMX947 wrote:
Someone told me they had permitting issues. At the entrance is an old track called Sand Hill, we used to race there back in the day...
Someone told me they had permitting issues. At the entrance is an old track called Sand Hill, we used to race there back in the day. Its definitely an icon of the Carolina MX scene...basically looks like a junkyard now. I heard the owner caused a big stink and it put their ability to break ground on hold. Zack Osbourne used to race out there a lot and I believe that's what made him look for land in the area to build Club Mx.

I've always wondered how that guy felt knowing all these people from all over the country want to come there to ride an they drive right by his rundown ass track.
Someone is remodeling the house on the land there.

Post a reply to: Club MX practice

The Latest