Club MX being sued, could affect other tracks?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/21/2019 11:18 AM

DanDunes818 wrote:

Very sad story, and I definitely feel for this father. I could not imagine losing a kid and I count my blessings every day, ...more

As I recall, the Riverdale deal the person rode out on the track after it was clear everyone else had stopped riding for the water truck. They flag everyone off when they’re getting ready to water.
Wasn’t ther but that was the story I got from someone who was.

|

1/21/2019 12:49 PM

kaptkaos wrote:

They were first timers and explained the situation to the track and were directed onto the track. Father is supposed to know ...more

navalseabee wrote:

No they're not but it doesnt take a rock scientist to spot a potentially dangerous situation.

akillerwombat wrote:

People often overlook the important of rock scientists.

Especially when mining.

Did you mean importance? If you are going to check someone on grammar please ensure you grasp it.

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50

1/21/2019 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/21/2019 12:57 PM

navalseabee wrote:

No they're not but it doesnt take a rock scientist to spot a potentially dangerous situation.

akillerwombat wrote:

Especially when mining.

dkurtd wrote:

Did you mean importance? If you are going to check someone on grammar please ensure you grasp it.

No, I meant what I written.

I a grammer scientist.

|

1/21/2019 1:18 PM

akillerwombat wrote:

Especially when mining.

dkurtd wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

I a grammer scientist.

Are you a moran? It's the "importants" of rock scientists.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

1/21/2019 1:24 PM

dkurtd wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

I a grammer scientist.

MPJC wrote:

Are you a moran? It's the "importants" of rock scientists.

I import ants. They rock scientists.

|

1/21/2019 2:22 PM

premiersportsoutlet wrote:

I work in business insurance and each morning I skim through the daily email newsletter. This time, an article caught my ...more

Unfortunately every time a track gets sued it affects every other track even if not directly. Insurance rates and zoning laws have all been affected by track lawsuits and its will only get worse.

|

Ed Johnson

1/21/2019 3:04 PM

akillerwombat wrote:

Especially when mining.

dkurtd wrote:

akillerwombat wrote:

I a grammer scientist.

Photo
|

1/21/2019 4:14 PM

kaptkaos wrote:

They were first timers and explained the situation to the track and were directed onto the track. Father is supposed to know ...more

Tracktor wrote:

No he isn’t. But that doesn’t clear him of the finsl responsibility. It is someone else’s job to assess your level if ...more

I do agree with you guys, as sad as it is, that the Dad does share some blame here. But at the end of the day, the track shouldn't put him in a position to have to make a choice.

|

1/23/2019 8:08 AM

Can someone explain to me how it is the tracks fault for the kid sending a 15 footer?

|

1/23/2019 8:56 AM

Freakazoid wrote:

Can someone explain to me how it is the tracks fault for the kid sending a 15 footer?

The kid didn’t send the 15 footer and got landed on by someone who did. Point being the track should have separated different abilities somewhat.

Surprised it isn’t a common thing over there, I would say almost every track I’ve been to over here let’s the riders decide what ability riding group they wish to enter. Kids get their own group, whether it’s insurance or not I don’t know but it a pretty sensible approach.

|

1/23/2019 3:46 PM

suing the track will not do anything.

|

victim

1/23/2019 4:39 PM

chuck317 wrote:

suing the track will not do anything.

I think you're wrong on that. Although I hate that they are doing it, maybe it will open the eyes of other tracks.
Then things like this won't happen. So sad that it easily can be prevented.

|

1/24/2019 4:57 AM

I’ve landed on a kid off of a 90ft step up triple. Practice was broke into classes and this was the A/B class. The kid just decided not to jump it, but decided he wanted to run up front at the start of practice. Could the track owners have prevented it? No, it was just a riding incident. For those of you living under a rock and wrapped in bubble wrap, this kind of stuff happens all of the time. Not necessarily does someone die, but accidents happen. Maybe the kid should not have jumped the double, and maybe the kid who died should have jumped the double. Bitching and complaining about who’s right, who’s wrong, and what SHOULD have been done is absolutely pointless. Unless something ridiculous happens like crashing into a tractor because the guy is driving it on the track during practice, then sueing a track is pointless, and that’s what’s wrong with people these days. You sign a waiver before you ride, plain and simple. If you can’t read or learn the concept of risk, then oh well, that’s your own fault.

|

1/24/2019 6:43 AM

cody41 wrote:

I’ve landed on a kid off of a 90ft step up triple. Practice was broke into classes and this was the A/B class. The kid just ...more

I absolutely agree that people should understand the risks involved in what they're doing (or what their kids are doing) and think that it's unfortunate when people become litigious after an accident after signing a waiver. But I wouldn't say that it's pointless to talk about what should have been done. Some accidents are, as you say, just riding incidents. In other cases, there may be a lesson to be learned by asking what could have been done differently (such as providing basic information to beginners about staying over to the side when not jumping). No set of protocols or best practices would prevent all accidents, but they may prevent some. I don't think that anyone who participates in moto is a living under a rock wrapped in bubble wrap kind of person. It just makes sense to prevent what's easily preventable.

|

Current rides: 2021 TM 144, 2008 YZ250

1/24/2019 7:07 AM

cody41 wrote:

I’ve landed on a kid off of a 90ft step up triple. Practice was broke into classes and this was the A/B class. The kid just ...more

Was you wearing a crash helmet at the time? Why bother? We all know the risks.

If risks can be reduced without stopping people from riding all together then it can only be a good thing, grouping riders into different abilities falls into this category.

|

1/24/2019 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2019 8:33 AM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Was you wearing a crash helmet at the time? Why bother? We all know the risks.

If risks can be reduced without stopping ...more

This thread is a perfect reflection of so much wrong with everything in the world right now.

Being the extremely small group of people we are (motocross riders), of which seems to be getting smaller and smaller everyday (according to countless other threads), we should all be willing to explore and exhaust all options to make this sport as safe as possible for people looking to enter it... even more so as the rate of natural riding spots closing will be forcing peoples first experience with dirt bikes to be a track situation. If grouping riders into different abilities is one of those way we should without a doubt be trying it.

But, proving to be just like the world outside of motocross, the world inside of motocross is saying, "I want what's best for me; fuck everyone else". And as history has dictated when you take that stance, it tends to lead to a lot of destabilization and we all end up losing.

I guarantee everyone when shit like this happens again (of which it will just by the nature of the sport alone) it will draw a bunch more negative attention to the sport and we should be protecting ourselves as riders as much as possible by being able to prove, when incidents like this arise, that we have worked tirelessly to create the absolute safest situation for the rider (regardless of their skill level).

|

1/24/2019 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2019 2:16 PM

I would like to point out the article states "a larger, more experienced, older biker" landed on his back. There is a lot of speculation that there were big and little bikes on the track at the same time. It very well could have been a "a larger, more experienced, older biker" on a super mini. A super mini would have certainly been allowed on the track at the same time as the 85.

|

"Hope is not a strategy"

1/27/2019 3:44 PM

Why do we have to be so damned litigious in the U.S?

It is a tragedy and the track should help the family by paying for his funeral/burial and by giving the family some compensation, not that it will really help there situation. I know it won't give them closure but it will help as it is the right thing to do. We don't need anymore tracks being shut down. Maybe put the track on on some sort of insurance "probation" to ensure that they are staying on top of safety?

|