(Full Interview Added): Cliff Notes from Feld / MX Sports Interview about SuperMotocross Championship

ShipLap
8/3/2022 3:54am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 3:55am
Wish list:

* Allow 300 2-strokes to compete with 450's.
* Bring back Glen Helen as a venue.
* Provide a free stream of the races online.
* Allow 250 two strokes to compete with 250f's.
ShipLap
8/3/2022 4:10am
TXDirt wrote:
Interesting he’s not mentioned anywhere in the press release. No quote. No comment. He is MX Sports. You know as well as I do these press...
Interesting he’s not mentioned anywhere in the press release. No quote. No comment.

He is MX Sports.

You know as well as I do these press releases are carefully crafted weeks in advance.

Just a curiosity that he isn’t in the Official press release.

Probably doesn’t mean anything. Or means everything. Or somewhere in between.
500 Mike wrote:
I had the same thought about DC. If it’s about LL’s then why did they choose to make the announcement now. Just seems strange. Time will...
I had the same thought about DC. If it’s about LL’s then why did they choose to make the announcement now. Just seems strange. Time will tell.
He's busy Smile
Bearuno
8/3/2022 4:29am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 6:40am
jemcee wrote:
I got nothing to add except I'm from Lismore haha (don't worry there was no offence taken haha) Well luckily I live on a hill just...
I got nothing to add except I'm from Lismore haha (don't worry there was no offence taken haha)
Well luckily I live on a hill just outside Lismore but still had mates that lost everything..

Aaanyway back to talking about a world championship that only takes place in one country and World Championship riders can't enter..
I've relo's from there.

I think it's the third time they've been 'under' in the last 2 years. 2nd within a few months - Faaark, Hughies got it out for them - well, all of us. He / She is pissed off with how we treat this Rock, I think.

Had a few - well, a tribe - staying with me for some time now, camped out in our granny flat and spare rooms.

They've lost Every Bloody Thing, this time. House, Contents, Vehicles, Bikes etc, not fixable, in Any way.

They are trying to get something higher up/ away from the river, but with so many wanting that, to stay in a such a wonderful place, I reckon they've got absolutely Buckley's.

No idea about any 'buy back' schemes that might come up for them, and, coming down here is damned near impossible with property prices now, poor blighters.

I'm doing as much as I can to help, but, it's just not enough / as much as I wish I could do for them. Other property / housing I have for them, is just too far away from the work they could get here at the base of the Blue Mountains, and with the ease to get to Parra or Sydney itself.

8/3/2022 4:39am
Wish they went to 15 rounds of Supercross. 17 is a drag. Give these guys 3 extra weekends off.

The Shop

AH387
8/3/2022 4:44am
JustMX wrote:
It doesn't mean anything. DC is a crucial part of mx sports, and great pr for the series, but anybody that has ever been involved in...
It doesn't mean anything.

DC is a crucial part of mx sports, and great pr for the series, but anybody that has ever been involved in dealing with Mx sports knows who runs things, and they were in the interview today.
Very true.

And like mentioned above, I wish they took away 2 regular SX rounds also. I like the idea, as a whole, but I still think it's too much racing for the riders. Part of the goal is to want to keep both riders engaged here in the USA racing and do both series, for the overall title. I hope that in the 2nd year, they do 15 SX and 11 MX and then whatever new venues. To me, that would be more fair for the riders.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
8/3/2022 5:18am
Stephon wrote:
I'm curios; is the 250 SuperMotocross Championship considered a regional or national championship?
Its a World Championship
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2763rd
8/3/2022 6:08am
please come up with something better than SUPERMOTOCROSS. No, I have no better ideas but that sounds so lame.
PabstBR11
8/3/2022 6:17am
CPan wrote:
So the “Supermotocross” champion would only get to run the #1 plate for the 3 “playoff” rounds the next year?
DonM wrote:
Probably a different color background that they would run all year...
RichieW13 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/26/503025/s600_6E289E32_6794_403A_8091_5214AEC81CEF.jpg[/img]
Is that a Yeti coolers sticker on his helmet?!? Or was there some moto brand with the same name before my time?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/3/2022 6:19am
DonM wrote:
Probably a different color background that they would run all year...
RichieW13 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/26/503025/s600_6E289E32_6794_403A_8091_5214AEC81CEF.jpg[/img]
PabstBR11 wrote:
Is that a Yeti coolers sticker on his helmet?!? Or was there some moto brand with the same name before my time?
Yeti bicycles
ShipLap
8/3/2022 6:29am
please come up with something better than SUPERMOTOCROSS. No, I have no better ideas but that sounds so lame.
* MegaCross
AwesomeCross
BossCross

BUT NOT:

Double Secret Cross
ImpressiveCross
GloriousCross
MarvelousCross
SmashingCross
or GroovyCross
8/3/2022 6:31am
I don’t see it being adopted by anyone in the industry. It’s just gonna be supercross and motocross then playoffs.
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1076th
8/3/2022 6:34am
Cool so even more centralization of the powers that run US motocross and supercross. LMAO, eventually people will realize the actual reason they did all of this so suddenly.
pamoto
8/3/2022 6:34am
Super/MX Championship
Super/Motocross Championship

Slightly different but better than what they have.
PabstBR11
8/3/2022 6:39am
RichieW13 wrote:
PabstBR11 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Yeti bicycles
Thank you, i knew it was something else just didnt know what lol. Its weird there logos seem identical.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/3/2022 6:39am
Full Interview added on first page.
8/3/2022 6:40am
I’m cool with the name of they call is smx for short.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/3/2022 6:42am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 6:59am
PabstBR11 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Yeti bicycles
PabstBR11 wrote:
Thank you, i knew it was something else just didnt know what lol. Its weird there logos seem identical.
A friend of mine owns a bike shop that used to stock Yeti bikes so there was some Yeti branding on the window. He got a lot of foot traffic in the bike shop looking for tumblers or coolers.
8/3/2022 6:42am
ShipLap wrote:
[b]Wish list: [/b] * Allow 300 2-strokes to compete with 450's. * Bring back Glen Helen as a venue. * Provide a free stream of the...
Wish list:

* Allow 450 2-strokes to compete with 450’s.

Fixed it for ya.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
8/3/2022 7:02am
Bjorn645 wrote:
Cool so even more centralization of the powers that run US motocross and supercross. LMAO, eventually people will realize the actual reason they did all of...
Cool so even more centralization of the powers that run US motocross and supercross. LMAO, eventually people will realize the actual reason they did all of this so suddenly.
Which is?
resetjet
8/3/2022 7:06am Edited Date/Time 8/3/2022 7:06am
The problem i see is this is supposed to be the champion of both disciplines. The best overall rider. Only the top 22 compete. If there is a points reset, then its possible that a 2nd tier rider could get a few good starts and win that title. If there is no points reset, then what are playoffs about. I dont understand.
ShipLap
8/3/2022 7:08am
ShipLap wrote:
[b]Wish list: [/b] * Allow 300 2-strokes to compete with 450's. * Bring back Glen Helen as a venue. * Provide a free stream of the...
Wish list:

* Allow 450 2-strokes to compete with 450’s.

Fixed it for ya.
Now that!

Smile
davis224
Fantasy
165th
8/3/2022 7:20am
Stephon wrote:
I'm curios; is the 250 SuperMotocross Championship considered a regional or national championship?
aaryn #234 wrote:
Its a World Championship
Eastern US world championship
davis224
Fantasy
165th
8/3/2022 7:24am
resetjet wrote:
The problem i see is this is supposed to be the champion of both disciplines. The best overall rider. Only the top 22 compete. If there...
The problem i see is this is supposed to be the champion of both disciplines. The best overall rider. Only the top 22 compete. If there is a points reset, then its possible that a 2nd tier rider could get a few good starts and win that title. If there is no points reset, then what are playoffs about. I dont understand.
From what I've gathered, sounds like a points reset, but you start out with a certain number of points based on your combined points from sx and mx. I think.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/3/2022 7:56am
davis224 wrote:
Eastern US world championship
If a Lawrence brother races then it must be a world championship. We got the best from all over the world! Grinning
TeamGreen
8/3/2022 8:16am
ShipLap wrote:
* MegaCross
AwesomeCross
BossCross

BUT NOT:

Double Secret Cross
ImpressiveCross
GloriousCross
MarvelousCross
SmashingCross
or GroovyCross
SMX
8/3/2022 8:50am
Bearuno wrote:
If one were to think Feld would risk Not Having their SX Champion(s) in the final 3 events, well, I've some riverside lots in Lismore (look...
If one were to think Feld would risk Not Having their SX Champion(s) in the final 3 events, well, I've some riverside lots in Lismore (look up the flooding here in OZ, boys and girls) to sell you. Woohoo

So, either they have separate series point consideration for each series to place into the final 2 then 1 races, be it top 10 (or whatever bloody number they pick) or 'Protected Rider' Lists . To think Feld (well, and MXSports) would not want Guaranteed participation of Their Champion(s) and high placers being out there, is a bit naïve.

So, it appears to be a bit of a 'Chase' set up. So be it ( though I've Never been a fan of such things ) - so long as it doesn't migrate to the Two Original series.

WSX vs this - Meh. I DGAF. It's definitely a US reaction to the WSX series. Fair enough, they needed a strategy against that, and I'm not particularly interested in arguing for / defending the Australian company that is behind WSX.

That it appears the combine is giving more money to the Participants is a good thing. But I doubt that it 'spreads' too far back. Still, far better than that F**kwit, Luongo The Drongo has had on offer, the Bastard.

I just wish the Feld / MXSports team up could have resisted the usual US 'thing' of grabbing at the "World Championship" naming - 'Merica. Whistling
The SX champ will be in. If you look at last year, 23rd in combined 450 points was Justin Rodbell with 105. Everyone with more than that would have been in. Webb had 388 points in SX, which would have placed 9th in combined on the year.

To me the important thing will be how they "reset the points" for the "playoffs". Treat the first 28 races as one race as far as points? 50-45-40-38-36...? Divide their combined points by 10, so the leaders are starting out around 70, and the 22nd place has around 10? 5-3-1 for top 3 in each series, and everyone else starts at 0? This is all about marketing, so there will be a desire to balance rewarding top scorers in the regular rounds with keeping as many people as possible in the championship until the end. If Eli only does SX next year, and starts the playoffs 30 points down, does he really have a shot at taking the title? Will he just stay home?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
8/3/2022 9:08am
Bjorn645 wrote:
Cool so even more centralization of the powers that run US motocross and supercross. LMAO, eventually people will realize the actual reason they did all of...
Sudden? They've been working on it for 2 years.
JazzyJJ
8/3/2022 9:41am
Bearuno wrote:
If one were to think Feld would risk Not Having their SX Champion(s) in the final 3 events, well, I've some riverside lots in Lismore (look...
If one were to think Feld would risk Not Having their SX Champion(s) in the final 3 events, well, I've some riverside lots in Lismore (look up the flooding here in OZ, boys and girls) to sell you. Woohoo

So, either they have separate series point consideration for each series to place into the final 2 then 1 races, be it top 10 (or whatever bloody number they pick) or 'Protected Rider' Lists . To think Feld (well, and MXSports) would not want Guaranteed participation of Their Champion(s) and high placers being out there, is a bit naïve.

So, it appears to be a bit of a 'Chase' set up. So be it ( though I've Never been a fan of such things ) - so long as it doesn't migrate to the Two Original series.

WSX vs this - Meh. I DGAF. It's definitely a US reaction to the WSX series. Fair enough, they needed a strategy against that, and I'm not particularly interested in arguing for / defending the Australian company that is behind WSX.

That it appears the combine is giving more money to the Participants is a good thing. But I doubt that it 'spreads' too far back. Still, far better than that F**kwit, Luongo The Drongo has had on offer, the Bastard.

I just wish the Feld / MXSports team up could have resisted the usual US 'thing' of grabbing at the "World Championship" naming - 'Merica. Whistling
The SX champ will be in. If you look at last year, 23rd in combined 450 points was Justin Rodbell with 105. Everyone with more than...
The SX champ will be in. If you look at last year, 23rd in combined 450 points was Justin Rodbell with 105. Everyone with more than that would have been in. Webb had 388 points in SX, which would have placed 9th in combined on the year.

To me the important thing will be how they "reset the points" for the "playoffs". Treat the first 28 races as one race as far as points? 50-45-40-38-36...? Divide their combined points by 10, so the leaders are starting out around 70, and the 22nd place has around 10? 5-3-1 for top 3 in each series, and everyone else starts at 0? This is all about marketing, so there will be a desire to balance rewarding top scorers in the regular rounds with keeping as many people as possible in the championship until the end. If Eli only does SX next year, and starts the playoffs 30 points down, does he really have a shot at taking the title? Will he just stay home?
They probably look to copy what Nascar has done.
Joey_Bridges
8/3/2022 3:35pm
With the France family, and nascar people involved, how long before green white checkered finishes are instituted ??

I mean we're already hearing the term, playoffs.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/3/2022 4:24pm
With the France family, and nascar people involved, how long before green white checkered finishes are instituted ??

I mean we're already hearing the term, playoffs.
How is the France family any more involved than they were since 08?

Post a reply to: (Full Interview Added): Cliff Notes from Feld / MX Sports Interview about SuperMotocross Championship

The Latest