Clement Desalle at Lakewood

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2013 6:55 AM

I bet he gets on the podium, probably 3rd.

|

5/24/2013 7:06 AM

Looking forward to see Desalle mix it up. I say top 5 at Lakewood and podium in Muddycreek. I love watching that guy ride he has kdub type style. Pretty crazy how low he runs his bars, I dont even think the early days of RC running his bars way back and low have anything on Desalle lol Going to be good tho.

|

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"
A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the Calender says W T F!

Factoryphoto.com

5/24/2013 7:10 AM

Factoryphoto wrote:

Looking forward to see Desalle mix it up. I say top 5 at Lakewood and podium in Muddycreek. I love watching that guy ride he ...more

I get it when small dudes run low bars. But Desalle is a pretty big dude, its crazy how low he runs them

|

5/24/2013 7:10 AM

x2

|

5/24/2013 7:15 AM

4th imo. Especially excited for tomorrows race because of this.

|

5/24/2013 7:20 AM

I was just listening to the Moto:60 show, of the 4 motos Desalle has entered in AMA motocross, he got on the podium in 3 of them and crashed out of the other. He's been to Lakewood before for the Des Nations, so he is at least familiar with the track. I think unless JS7 steps his game up, Desalle will come in 3rd behind RV and RD.

|

5/24/2013 7:23 AM

sad Can't go to see this. This blows.
|

5/24/2013 7:30 AM

I wish more of the GP guys would come over, and not because of the AMA vs GP shit, I just love seeing great riders duke it out.

|

5/24/2013 7:59 AM

Hahahahahaha. Third place? Now thats FUNNY! No way in hell he will be top 3. Maybe 6th....

|

5/24/2013 8:06 AM

Kartwheel84c wrote:

I was just listening to the Moto:60 show, of the 4 motos Desalle has entered in AMA motocross, he got on the podium in 3 of ...more

I think you are right, but then again Barcia or Canard could step it up and keep him off the podium with a better start.

But we will definitely see.

|

5/24/2013 8:06 AM

I can’t remember any top GP riders coming over for a US national this early in the series, it seems like they usually show up around Southwick time. Could this be the beginning of a “ship jumping movement” from the MX GP’s?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

5/24/2013 8:08 AM

Reese95w wrote:

I can’t remember any top GP riders coming over for a US national this early in the series, it seems like they usually show up ...more

Its only cos the mexico round got canned this year

|

5/24/2013 8:10 AM

I wish De Dyker would have made it over too. Looking great on the KTM.

|

5/24/2013 8:11 AM

He's the guy that came to unadilla in 10 and fought with dungey both moto's right?? If so he's a badass and if he wins a moto this place will burn to the ground!! Hahaha

|

5/24/2013 8:11 AM

fader418 wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Third place? Now thats FUNNY! No way in hell he will be top 3. Maybe 6th....

I can tell you this much, he WONT be 40+ seconds behind RV. Take that for what its worth.

|

5/24/2013 8:13 AM

Flip109 wrote:

He's the guy that came to unadilla in 10 and fought with dungey both moto's right?? If so he's a badass and if he wins a moto ...more

Yes, that is him. He got 3rd in one moto at Washougal on a completely privateer bike he borrowed from Clarke. Dude is bad ass, and if JS7 doesnt step it up he wont beat him. Same goes for Canard and Barcia.

|

5/24/2013 8:20 AM

I'm glad both Kevin and Clement are willing to step outside their comfort zone - it's always extra exciting when this happens. I'd prefer a bit more the other way from the Nationals, but to be fair to the AMA guys their race schedule is pretty much packed from start to finish with almost no rest. For what it's worth, as mentioned Clement has raced round Lakewood before, albeit three years back. But he'll know what to expect with the altitude at least. Muddy Creek of course will be new everyone. From the little we've seen from CD on American tracks, he seems to like them well enough. Kevin on the other hand is a little more inconsistent (going on his WC performances) but again can deliver serious speed on his day.

|

5/24/2013 8:20 AM

In his current state I would put him in 6th or something. But he will probably step it up this weekend (because of the excitement) and I'll think he will finish 3rd. I can't see him beating Villopoto or Dungey though (maybe because of a crash / bad start) ... I still hate it that I have to wait untill monday or so ...

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

5/24/2013 8:24 AM

Flip109 wrote:

He's the guy that came to unadilla in 10 and fought with dungey both moto's right?? If so he's a badass and if he wins a moto ...more

Kartwheel84c wrote:

Yes, that is him. He got 3rd in one moto at Washougal on a completely privateer bike he borrowed from Clarke. Dude is bad ass, ...more

barcia beat him @ Lommel for what's that worth. Top 10 would be expected. Top 5 would be great. A podium and he is wasting his time in the GP's and should come over and make a run at the Championship, but he probably can't ride SX that well so.....

|

5/24/2013 8:25 AM

fader418 wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Third place? Now thats FUNNY! No way in hell he will be top 3. Maybe 6th....

You're the guy that predicted Jimmy Decotis would be "Top 5 easy, possibly top 3" in the GP's right?

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/How-will-Jimmy-D-do-in-the-GPs,1253179

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

5/24/2013 8:31 AM

Flip109 wrote:

He's the guy that came to unadilla in 10 and fought with dungey both moto's right?? If so he's a badass and if he wins a moto ...more

Kartwheel84c wrote:

Yes, that is him. He got 3rd in one moto at Washougal on a completely privateer bike he borrowed from Clarke. Dude is bad ass, ...more

Huckster wrote:

barcia beat him @ Lommel for what's that worth. Top 10 would be expected. Top 5 would be great. A podium and he is wasting his ...more

If he podiums in America he would be in exactly the same position he is in the GP's though?

I can't seem him beating the Ryans in America and he probably won't beat Cairoli and Paulin in the GP's either. And like you say, he has never ridden Supercross as far as Im aware.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

5/24/2013 8:39 AM

fader418 wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Third place? Now thats FUNNY! No way in hell he will be top 3. Maybe 6th....

jamma10 wrote:

You're the guy that predicted Jimmy Decotis would be "Top 5 easy, possibly top 3" in the GP's right?

...more

smacked !

on a separate note:

If desalle gets a top 5 i say he has done very well. To be fair it all depends if he shows up or not - the old desalle that raced a couple of AMA previously has not been out to play in a while, what with injuries and his form being off, that particular rider seems like a long lost shadow, i hope this break in the GP schedule and new faces/races/format/ will revitalise him for the rest of the year.

I expect bar bangin from him and Kevin and for them both to become a real pain in the ass for more than a few people.

|

5/24/2013 8:44 AM

I didnt know he had been injured and had been out for a while...still, I'm glad to see him over here.

|

5/24/2013 9:13 AM

It's tough to come do a one off race, but remember the US guys are still working on their MX settings, where as Desalle and Strijbos should be in the MX flow already. I think top five will be tough, but top ten should be no problem. It'd be nice if they could battle for the win. Wishing them the best.

|

5/24/2013 9:13 AM

Dude is tough as a rock

|

5/24/2013 9:22 AM

fader418 wrote:

Hahahahahaha. Third place? Now thats FUNNY! No way in hell he will be top 3. Maybe 6th....

Denial aint just a river in Egypt, bro

|

5/24/2013 9:31 AM

fair play to them both for doing it , id love to see herlings go over to see how he stacks up against some real competition

|

5/24/2013 9:47 AM

Well we have marvin and roczen. I think those two are a pretty good indicator as to where herlings would fit in. Same bike and all past 250 world champs. Unless it was southwick..

|

5/24/2013 9:48 AM

jamma10 wrote:

If he podiums in America he would be in exactly the same position he is in the GP's though?

I can't seem him beating the ...more

true but the GP's are a joke(NOT THE GP RIDERS) 20-25 guys on the gate, Brazil looked like a local track. I truly believe a podium in the states carries much more weight and not because of the riders but because of what is happening to the GP series.

|

5/24/2013 9:52 AM

I didnt mean to start this as a AMA vs GP thread, really just because I saw Desalle and Strijbos in the pre-entries and was surprised there was not more buzz, especially since Desalle did so well last time he was here.

|