MXGP silly season 2020

philG
8/21/2019 1:57pm
Be interesting to see what happens for Martens, he has had two big money backers , Wilvo + Nestaan both jump ship and do their own thing, in the past few years, which is a little odd, buy fair play to him for stepping up to the big class, easier to do and raise funds for , Covington and Anstie would be a good team . i dont see Barcia coming, i thought he signed Yamaha for 2020 already
roninho
8/21/2019 10:35pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Jacky Martens will start his own MXGP-team in 2020. Rumours are that this will be on Honda or Kawasaki, and Thomas Covington is mentioned as a...
Jacky Martens will start his own MXGP-team in 2020. Rumours are that this will be on Honda or Kawasaki, and Thomas Covington is mentioned as a rider.

More details will be released at this weekend's GP of Sweden.
Covington would be a big surprise , thats a big gamble for a new team ... his EBV and how does he perform on a 450...
Covington would be a big surprise , thats a big gamble for a new team ... his EBV and how does he perform on a 450 ?
while guys like Anstie dont have a ride for next year , i quess Thomas brings some good dollars to the team
This is a great solution for Martens. And Covington.
Add another guy with budget (monticelli, lieber, vlaanderen or bogers if they still have hsf backing) and you have a pretty decent team considering you lost the factory, your main sponsor and your full squad.

Imo the only ones making a bad deal are Monster: from main sponsor for factory Yamaha to sponsoring a team that is looking at top 10 finishes. Unless obviously they pay a lot less
Cortami79
8/21/2019 11:58pm
roninho wrote:
This is a great solution for Martens. And Covington. Add another guy with budget (monticelli, lieber, vlaanderen or bogers if they still have hsf backing) and...
Add another guy with budget (monticelli, lieber, vlaanderen or bogers if they still have hsf backing) and you have a pretty decent team considering you lost the factory, your main sponsor and your full squad.

Imo the only ones making a bad deal are Monster: from main sponsor for factory Yamaha to sponsoring a team that is looking at top 10 finishes. Unless obviously they pay a lot less
Will Monster stop funding the Yamaha teams?
roninho
8/22/2019 12:28am
Well that is a great question, i just assumed that they won't be primary sponsor on both Yamaha and Martens, also with Wilvo having such a prominent place at their team. But really just assumptions.

So is there any news on if HSF is willing to continue in the sport? Would be a big loss, especially for the Dutch riders.

The Shop

Ray_MXS
8/22/2019 12:34am
roninho wrote:
This is a great solution for Martens. And Covington. Add another guy with budget (monticelli, lieber, vlaanderen or bogers if they still have hsf backing) and...

Cortami79 wrote:
Will Monster stop funding the Yamaha teams?
Well, considering this official statement:

With Rinaldi Racing out, Monster Energy Wilvo Yamaha MXGP Official team will become the Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP team, handle day to day operations, and field Jeremy Seewer, Gautier Paulin, and Arnaud Tonus in the MXGP class. In addition to this, the Monster Energy Kemea Yamaha MX2 team will be renamed the Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MX2 team and will retain Jago Geerts and Ben Watson as their riders for the 2020 race season.

I´d say Monster Energy is still sponsoring the Yamaha team Wink
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
8/22/2019 1:06am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 1:19am
Oh boiii, too many news are on their way this weekend.

JM announcing team for MXGP, going red or green? (Hopefully green if gebben is going blue as someone said above Sad )

Standing Construct announcing their team.

And many more MXoN teams being announced.
Bidirella
8/22/2019 1:17am
roninho wrote:
Well that is a great question, i just assumed that they won't be primary sponsor on both Yamaha and Martens, also with Wilvo having such a...
Well that is a great question, i just assumed that they won't be primary sponsor on both Yamaha and Martens, also with Wilvo having such a prominent place at their team. But really just assumptions.

So is there any news on if HSF is willing to continue in the sport? Would be a big loss, especially for the Dutch riders.
John van den Berk said on a comment on Facebook that HSF will have a year off in 2020.. they become wordchamp as a title sponsor and thats been the dream en best thing you will get in motocross.

Looks like HSF made their dream come true and if they comeback or keep going some way will be a big quasting mark.
8/22/2019 1:51am
roninho wrote:
Well that is a great question, i just assumed that they won't be primary sponsor on both Yamaha and Martens, also with Wilvo having such a...

As a matter of fact, the name Wilvo will be out of the name next year and Monster will stay.
8/22/2019 6:35am
DeStouwer wrote:
Wilvo Yamaha will become the official factory team with Paulin, Tonus and Seewer as their riders. Rinaldi stays responsible for the technical development. In MX2, KEMEA...
Wilvo Yamaha will become the official factory team with Paulin, Tonus and Seewer as their riders. Rinaldi stays responsible for the technical development.

In MX2, KEMEA Yamaha gets the full factory status. Geerts and Watson stay on board.

Henry Jacobi will move to MXGP, with SM Action-MC Migliori. Maxime Renaux will stay in MX2 and Andrea Adamo in EMX250.

Hutten Metaal becomes the official EMX250 team.
Good that they field 3 guys. How bout that Honda seat now though that Seewer stays on blue? IceOne bringing back AJ is a good move...
Good that they field 3 guys. How bout that Honda seat now though that Seewer stays on blue?

IceOne bringing back AJ is a good move imo. He has been better than many expected this year, hopefully he can crank it up a notch for next year. Did Jonass have a contract for next year already with Husky?
Arofin wrote:
They go from 4 to 3 riders....
Which 4 riders did Wilvo have this year? You should read the thread.
Cortami79
8/22/2019 6:40am
Which 4 riders did Wilvo have this year? You should read the thread.
I think he meant 4 factory yamaha MXGP riders, now 3. (considering Wilvo was really close to be a factory team when you see the budget and equipment they have)
8/22/2019 6:53am
Cortami79 wrote:
I think he meant 4 factory yamaha MXGP riders, now 3. (considering Wilvo was really close to be a factory team when you see the budget...
I think he meant 4 factory yamaha MXGP riders, now 3. (considering Wilvo was really close to be a factory team when you see the budget and equipment they have)
But that’s not what I meant though. The talk has been if they would only field 2 riders, so since they go with 3 there’s one guy less without a ride. Plus with Yamaha apparently stepping up their satellite efforts for other teams with Wilvo going full factory, I see this as an absolute win.
Ray_MXS
8/22/2019 6:58am
But that’s not what I meant though. The talk has been if they would only field 2 riders, so since they go with 3 there’s one...
But that’s not what I meant though. The talk has been if they would only field 2 riders, so since they go with 3 there’s one guy less without a ride. Plus with Yamaha apparently stepping up their satellite efforts for other teams with Wilvo going full factory, I see this as an absolute win.
I agree. I see it as the factory team provides one more ride next year. Yamaha might provide the same level of support they did for Wilvo this year to another satellite team next year. There is a couple of growing Yamaha teams on the circuit already that could fit that role.
MXMattii
8/22/2019 8:35am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 8:38am
Factory Kawasaki is getting the boot from Monster Energy. But they keep into the team due to the personal sponsorship deal they have with Romain Febvre, who signed with the team.

Yamaha will keep full support from Monster Energy.
roninho
8/22/2019 9:24am
MXMattii wrote:
Factory Kawasaki is getting the boot from Monster Energy. But they keep into the team due to the personal sponsorship deal they have with Romain Febvre...
Factory Kawasaki is getting the boot from Monster Energy. But they keep into the team due to the personal sponsorship deal they have with Romain Febvre, who signed with the team.

So when they had Monster they had to pick a 2nd rider with $. Now they lose the Monster $ and sign a big $ guy in febvre. Is Kawa simply upping their spending, did they cut elsewhere or are they getting a new sponsor?
8/22/2019 10:09am
MXMattii wrote:
Factory Kawasaki is getting the boot from Monster Energy. But they keep into the team due to the personal sponsorship deal they have with Romain Febvre...

A factory Kawi effort without the M is gonna look weird.
cesar_rc4
8/22/2019 10:52am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2019 10:53am
MXMattii wrote:

Its boring to see almost all factory bikes with all the graphics with energy drinks.
Yamaha wilvo last year was a beautiful bike...now yamahas almost all black with monster is one of the ugliest bike IMO.
Anyway who spend the money for sponsorhip wants her logo on first view
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/22/2019 11:07am
MXMattii wrote:

You misspelled awesome

philG
8/22/2019 11:10am
MXMattii wrote:

If i was Monster in the USA i would expect them to make sure their riders didnt swerve the biggest race of the year. I wonder how long that contract has to run.
8/22/2019 12:18pm
MXMattii wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:
You misspelled awesome [img]https://live.staticflickr.com/6240/6270914660_f62c393aaa_b.jpg[/img]
You misspelled awesome

I said weird, not ugly Wink I would certainly not mind the bike looking like that
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
8/22/2019 10:46pm
MXMattii wrote:

You sure? That would be a very long lasting deal disappearing, sounds very strange to me.
Cortami79
8/23/2019 12:15am
I'm really curious who F&H will sign for next year. They have Vd Moosdijk. Probably Pootjes and Boisrame? I really hope they sign Horgmo though
8/23/2019 12:33am
Cortami79 wrote:
I'm really curious who F&H will sign for next year. They have Vd Moosdijk. Probably Pootjes and Boisrame? I really hope they sign Horgmo though
Horgmo could be a posibility, would be a great signing for F&H. Pootjes just because he's the teambosses daughter, don't see him riding top 5 anymore. He's had 5 year to show it and the only thing he really did was getting injured year in year out.
If Moosdijk can make a little more progress he'll be upfront right away next year. As a part Ductchie I'm really looking forward seeing him in the GP's in 2020.
roninho
8/23/2019 1:20am
Cortami79 wrote:
A week or so ago Horgmo did some q&a on his insta. One of the qustions was "can you give some insight on your 2020 plans" or something like that. Horgmo posted a story as response with an orange dot and an icon of a factory with a cross in it. Which i translate as ktm non factory, so no f&h
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
8/23/2019 1:30am
Cortami79 wrote:
I'd like to see Sanayei at F&H
roninho
8/23/2019 1:33am
Cortami79 wrote:
Horgmo could be a posibility, would be a great signing for F&H. Pootjes just because he's the teambosses daughter, don't see him riding top 5 anymore...
Horgmo could be a posibility, would be a great signing for F&H. Pootjes just because he's the teambosses daughter, don't see him riding top 5 anymore. He's had 5 year to show it and the only thing he really did was getting injured year in year out.
If Moosdijk can make a little more progress he'll be upfront right away next year. As a part Ductchie I'm really looking forward seeing him in the GP's in 2020.
Regardless of being Fase's boyfriend: Pootjes is a decent signing for f&h. If he stays healthy its a dutch guy for a dutch team whowill finish between 5&10 in the championship, with some top 5s and maybe a podium. (He was in that spot in 18&19 by the time he got injured).
He just has to stay healthy, which is a big ?

Horgmo i'm not sure if he is really that much of an upgrade.

DeStouwer
8/23/2019 1:43am
Cortami79 wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
I believe Sanayei ages out of MX2.
8/23/2019 2:13am
Cortami79 wrote:
NVA57 wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
I believe Sanayei ages out of MX2.
Dixon is in about Sanayei and Anstie possibly riding for him in mxgp
roninho
8/23/2019 4:29am
Bidirella wrote:
John van den Berk said on a comment on Facebook that HSF will have a year off in 2020.. they become wordchamp as a title sponsor...
John van den Berk said on a comment on Facebook that HSF will have a year off in 2020.. they become wordchamp as a title sponsor and thats been the dream en best thing you will get in motocross.

Looks like HSF made their dream come true and if they comeback or keep going some way will be a big quasting mark.
Thanks for the info. Is a shame though for the Dutch riders.

Post a reply to: MXGP silly season 2020

The Latest