Cleaned carb, now bike wont start

3/17/2018 3:00am
Ryno23 wrote:
Holy shit... my bike won't run... maybe I should change the juice in the radiator... wtf??? Best thing you can do is give it to someone...
Holy shit... my bike won't run... maybe I should change the juice in the radiator... wtf???

Best thing you can do is give it to someone that has a clue. Cuz you don't.
Post a pic of yourself so we can all do our best to avoid you in real life. Maybe use your boyfriends semen to write, "I am a fucking burst arsehole" on your forehead to prove that it's you.

Fucking piece of shit. Congrats for triggering me.
lumpy790
3/17/2018 6:47am
I am not really familiar with guitar strings but ..... I dont know about cleaning jets with a guitar string. IF it is a larger OD than the jet opening it will damage the jet and change the jet size

As comparrison I have done this for 20+ years with 1 strand from a old carb cable. They are really small OD and kind of circular so the help clean better.

Give you guys another helpful hint.

Lightly Hold the jet with a pair of needle nose pliers (dont screw up threads) and hold the jet over a bic lighter flame. After a few seconds it will go poof and open the passageway hole so you can clean it better.
Fracture
3/20/2018 11:27pm
lumpy790 wrote:
I am not really familiar with guitar strings but ..... I dont know about cleaning jets with a guitar string. IF it is a larger OD...
I am not really familiar with guitar strings but ..... I dont know about cleaning jets with a guitar string. IF it is a larger OD than the jet opening it will damage the jet and change the jet size

As comparrison I have done this for 20+ years with 1 strand from a old carb cable. They are really small OD and kind of circular so the help clean better.

Give you guys another helpful hint.

Lightly Hold the jet with a pair of needle nose pliers (dont screw up threads) and hold the jet over a bic lighter flame. After a few seconds it will go poof and open the passageway hole so you can clean it better.
Apparently as long as you use a metal that's weaker than the jet metal, it should be fine.. I was using a piece from the high-E string. (so very thin, very soft). Some people swear by it.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try this on an old jet!
Fracture
3/20/2018 11:28pm
**Update**

* Replaced main jet & pilot jet (running 47.5 pilot, 340 main with 1 1/2 air screw)
* Replaced the nuts for intake boot
* Got some hose clamps from plumbing isle @ hardware store.. (unfortunately doesn't fit exactly in the little groves but working well for now).

Progress Videos:

Idling low with choke off
https://streamable.com/9gxii

Getting closer with idle screw:
https://streamable.com/lkmmc

Went for a (light) ride to see if boggyness would subside. Noticed something:
https://streamable.com/klevi

See if you can hear blender noise i'm talking about:
https://streamable.com/k39bm

Concerns:

Bike has no power.. feels like bike is running very hard . Heard weird blender-type noise coming from cylinder.. sounds like fragmented pieces spinning around (hope the cylinder is fine).. need to take it apart and inspect. 

Quesitons:

Should I check reed valve? .. could that be another reason for loss of power? 

The Shop

3/23/2018 3:34am
Your "blender noise" sounds like piston slap from wear. As long as the cylinder is in good condition, a new piston with the correct clearance should quiet that down. New rings will help with the power loss too. What needle clip position you in?
TXDirt
3/23/2018 6:35am
This is an entertaining thread. Like playing some mystery game! Look forward to finding out who killed the idle!!
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
3/23/2018 8:31am
Your "blender noise" sounds like piston slap from wear. As long as the cylinder is in good condition, a new piston with the correct clearance should...
Your "blender noise" sounds like piston slap from wear. As long as the cylinder is in good condition, a new piston with the correct clearance should quiet that down. New rings will help with the power loss too. What needle clip position you in?
This sounds like it could be a reed issue. No, not Chad Reed. He's got his own issues. Also, if there is piston slap, it's generally caused by cylinder wear, not piston. This wear occurs during the compression stroke when the connecting rod is anywhere except 90 degrees. Think about it, if the connecting rod is being forced upward, any angle of force applied by the crank is pushing it into the cylinder wall until it gets to TDC. At which time (usually slightly before TDC) the spark plug fires and sends it back toward BDC. AKA, the power stroke. The power stroke doesn't apply as much load to the cylinder wall because the force is more centralized and not lateral. BLAH BLAH BLAH...
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/23/2018 8:42am
Ryno23 wrote:
Holy shit... my bike won't run... maybe I should change the juice in the radiator... wtf??? Best thing you can do is give it to someone...
Holy shit... my bike won't run... maybe I should change the juice in the radiator... wtf???

BikeBefok wrote:
Post a pic of yourself so we can all do our best to avoid you in real life. Maybe use your boyfriends semen to write, "I...
Post a pic of yourself so we can all do our best to avoid you in real life. Maybe use your boyfriends semen to write, "I am a fucking burst arsehole" on your forehead to prove that it's you.

Fucking piece of shit. Congrats for triggering me.
WOH, this was good read on a friday morning!
3/24/2018 2:52am
peelout wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/23/251441/s1200_s12010_image.jpg[/img]

MXA is making front sprockets now
40acres
3/24/2018 8:04am
Ryno23 wrote:
I bet you two queers make a cute couple.
Look man, nobody needs your attitude and name calling around here. If you don't like the thread subject or poster you can move on without comment. You can definitely move on to somewhere else with your bigotry and homophobia. If you can't help in a productive manner, then shut your mouth.
mxer807
3/24/2018 8:07am
Ryno23 wrote:

Lol. Douche
Fracture
3/25/2018 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 5:52pm
Hey guys, another update!

Took the cylinder off (which was suuuuper hard because the piston was hella-stuck).. eventually got it out with patience and a flat head. Got the cylinder measured by a professional (2mm overbore), and he said it's virtually in circle minus a little belly in the middle (.001mm or something).

Finding a cheap 2mm overbore was harder than you'd think (unless you mind waiting 30 days shipping), so i'll post the link where I found it: https://fortnine.ca/en/wiseco-piston-kit ..

Next unfortunate find was that the pushrod assy was broken, (probably where my power went), and there's fragmented metal in my bottom end. (which was likely the blender noise i was hearing).

Drtbykr
3/25/2018 6:11pm
I’m not on the two strokes only rara bandwagon, but it’s gonna be a lot cheaper repair.

Cool you are slogging away at it yourself. Get to know your steed.

When stuck, find that “professional”. Hope it wheelies soon for ya.
Fracture
3/25/2018 6:25pm
Drtbykr wrote:
I’m not on the two strokes only rara bandwagon, but it’s gonna be a lot cheaper repair. Cool you are slogging away at it yourself. Get...
I’m not on the two strokes only rara bandwagon, but it’s gonna be a lot cheaper repair.

Cool you are slogging away at it yourself. Get to know your steed.

When stuck, find that “professional”. Hope it wheelies soon for ya.
Yeah man, definitely cheaper - but the knowledge is priceless. So far I'm only 160CAD deep (mostly for the tune-up, cleaning prods and hardware). I figure once it's all said and done I'll be 700-800 total. Got the bike for $1000, so doing pretty good imo.
3/26/2018 7:32pm
Time for a total engine strip, clean and inspect. It's the only way to not waste money because that new piston might be too much for that old bottom end. Do it right. Do it once.
Fracture
3/26/2018 9:34pm
Time for a total engine strip, clean and inspect. It's the only way to not waste money because that new piston might be too much for...
Time for a total engine strip, clean and inspect. It's the only way to not waste money because that new piston might be too much for that old bottom end. Do it right. Do it once.
Yes sir. Gonna rent a crankcase splitter from Canadian Tire and clean/inspect the engine before dumping any more money into it. Hopefully the bottom end is just a little dirty and whatever those fragmented metals are from didn't do too much damage. Fingers crossed!

Post a reply to: Cleaned carb, now bike wont start

The Latest