Classic Steel #124 on the 1978 Yamaha YZ250E is up for your moto reading pleasure

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2017 6:27 AM

|

9/12/2017 9:41 AM

Love these articles.

|

9/12/2017 11:31 AM

Six speed trans....forgot that one ! Thanks TB.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

9/12/2017 3:03 PM

Love this bike! The pic with Glover is about as classic as it gets.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

9/12/2017 4:22 PM

Thank you for the aticles, love them all.

|

9/12/2017 5:44 PM

I remember it being a comfortable easy bike to ride. Smooth power.

|

9/12/2017 5:49 PM

That bike evidently got Suzuki's attention. Japanese motocrosser Koji Masuda was a racer and test-rider for Suzuki at the time out of their Santa Fe Springs, California facility. He tested, rode and raced a '78 YZ (with all stickers removed) for several weeks that year. I saw him at a few Saddleback races and out testing it at Saddleback on a weekday. On that test day I asked him how he liked it. He said it took him a long time to get the rear end to work well. Then he turned to see if the Suzuki engineer with him was out of hearing range and quietly said, "power is good. Brakes, real good."

|

9/12/2017 7:57 PM

Bigfoot wrote:

That bike evidently got Suzuki's attention. Japanese motocrosser Koji Masuda was a racer and test-rider for Suzuki at the time out of their Santa Fe Springs, California facility. He tested, rode and raced a '78 YZ (with all stickers removed) for several weeks that year. I saw him at a few Saddleback races and out testing it at Saddleback on a weekday. On that test day I asked him how he liked it. He said it took him a long time to get the rear end to work well. Then he turned to see if the Suzuki engineer with him was out of hearing range and quietly said, "power is good. Brakes, real good."

That's a cool story! Thanks for sharing

|

9/13/2017 8:51 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Thank you for the aticles, love them all.

Thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoy them.

|

9/13/2017 9:35 AM

RM Mike wrote:

comfortable like a lazy boy?, that seat is huge!

|

9/13/2017 9:55 AM

I had one. I think the 77 model was better.

|

9/13/2017 10:12 AM

RM Mike wrote:

rosebud441 wrote:

comfortable like a lazy boy?, that seat is huge!

I had only ridden RM 100's and RM125's and was a little nervous about a 250. I was a skinny kid then.

|

9/13/2017 11:18 PM

Bigfoot wrote:

Thank you for another great article!

To Bigfoot, thank you for sharing. For older folks like me, this kind of insight is a lot better than a 1,000th post on sprocket bolt torque.

|

9/14/2017 2:51 AM

T B,
Thanks so much for your articles. Spent more hours on your site than I care to admit. Fantastic.
Mark

|