Classic MX/SX magazine ads........post up your favorites.

4/9/2020 4:16pm
SKIDLID wrote:
Still watch Ratt “Lay it down video” with her in it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AXXrT7j7VW8
Still watch Ratt “Lay it down video” with her in it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AXXrT7j7VW8
I did not know that.... going to search that now. It's funny how a pic like that which has not been seen by my eyes in...
I did not know that.... going to search that now.

It's funny how a pic like that which has not been seen by my eyes in over 35 years could take me back to being a teenager again....lol.
I felt the same way Indian_Dunes when I watched that video! I was a huge Ratt fan as a youngster (still am), and she was on the Invasion of your Privacy album cover. I had a little crush on her, and wore that concert t-shirt (with that album cover pic) until the screen print was gone! Great times!

EngIceDave
4/10/2020 10:13am

Had one of those, it was my Dad's, but I rode it the most, even raced in a couple times when race bike blew up

That tank was a nut cracker

The Shop

vetmxr
4/10/2020 8:22pm
mx_563 wrote:
Can't find it online but there was a POV Kawaski ad with a shot taken at Mammoth. I think the caption read "and it's only the...
Can't find it online but there was a POV Kawaski ad with a shot taken at Mammoth. I think the caption read "and it's only the third lap". There was wide open track in front of the dude. I'm guessing this would have been mid 80s. That was always my favorite ad. Those were pre-GoPro days and I didn't have a bike yet. So that ad was the closest I got to understanding what it might feel like to actually be riding on a motocross track. Would love to see that ad again if anyone has a JPEG of it.

EDIT: Found it!

I can remember that ad hanging right by my bed....that may also be my favorite ad....I hadn't seen that in 30 plus years....single sided radiator kx 125..... man i'm getting old.......such a trick bike Smile
4/11/2020 4:16pm
Here is a 1990 KTM brochure. I rode the prototype for the 250 at Palm Ave, San Diego. I was on an ‘86 250 MX at the time.

JustMX
6/19/2020 7:45am
Bulldog wrote:
With the success of Honda in 1974/75 I was floored by this ad, why would he switch to Yamaha. Hanging his Honda jersey in the locker...
With the success of Honda in 1974/75 I was floored by this ad, why would he switch to Yamaha. Hanging his Honda jersey in the locker was classic!

That was a play on the cigarette ads of the time that were "I'd rather fight than switch"
JustMX
6/19/2020 7:51am
reded wrote:
Marianne Gravatte
newmann wrote:
No guesses as to the one in the Gold Belt ad?
Stop now.......She probably isnt nearly as hot at 70

Post a reply to: Classic MX/SX magazine ads........post up your favorites.

The Latest