Cianciarulo and NMA drama

Edited Date/Time 5/26/2012 7:02am
I heard that Cianciarulo and the director of the NMA got into it last year at Ponca and this caused the move to Norman. I noticed a full page ad in Moto Playground with Cianciarulo promoting the Ponca race on the same date as the NMA National in Norman.

Just curious where all the big factory teams are going? Norman or Ponca?
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/25/2012 4:10pm
I heard that Cianciarulo and the director of the NMA got into it last year at Ponca and this caused the move to Norman. I noticed...
I heard that Cianciarulo and the director of the NMA got into it last year at Ponca and this caused the move to Norman. I noticed a full page ad in Moto Playground with Cianciarulo promoting the Ponca race on the same date as the NMA National in Norman.

As far as I know Kawasaki Team Green is supporting Ponca, There are allot of people sick of dealing with NMA...
sharkey
5/25/2012 4:17pm
I heard that Cianciarulo and the director of the NMA got into it last year at Ponca and this caused the move to Norman. I noticed...

ML512 wrote:
As far as I know Kawasaki Team Green is supporting Ponca, There are allot of people sick of dealing with NMA...
we heard they same thing from team green riders up here also. no nma events this year
Sherwood
5/25/2012 4:29pm
The NMA needed to be eliminated years, and years ago. I'm not sure many will miss them.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/25/2012 4:36pm
When Jack died so did the ties that kept the NMA at Ponca , it was time for a change.

The Shop

5/25/2012 4:38pm
lostboy819 wrote:
When Jack died so did the ties that kept the NMA at Ponca , it was time for a change.
It seems like the folks in Norman are making a serious effort to take this race to the next level.

We are going to Norman for sure.
MAYHAN
5/25/2012 4:44pm

Was so pumped to get this in the mail that year.
jmar
5/25/2012 4:47pm
First off, this information is from a guy that isn't connected to the sport as much as I use to be. I don't get to Norman much, but I happen to drive by the new Norman track yesterday evening. I could see that they have been working on the track, but it's not looking like it's ready for an amateur national. Looks like short lap times, and tight quarters for the campers and pit areas.

Just my .02 cents.
yzmatt
5/25/2012 4:54pm
I'll take 'not dealing with the NMA's BS' for $200 please.....

Ponca has numerous motivating reasons to put on a 1st class event. The NMA feels like they are the show and the riders will follow them wherever they go.

Which event do you think will be better based on that? Seems like a no brainer to me.....
DL
5/25/2012 5:07pm
From my perspective as an aftermarket company owner and the father of a successful amateur racer I say go to Ponca and stay away from any race that NMA and or Ron Henricksen has anything to do with.
stash124
5/25/2012 8:55pm
I believe the McWilliams are running things at Ponca this year, and their RPM staff. They are great promoters and always have great facilities.
motomcd
5/25/2012 10:31pm
Ponca will be the race that all the factory rigs and heavy hitters will be at. Norman will be nothing but a low turnout out for a local race.NMA is over and i have never missed a BRANSON NATIONAL but i will never be back it was just ran very poorly.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
5/26/2012 3:29am

ML512 wrote:
sharkey wrote:
we heard they same thing from team green riders up here also. no nma events this year
To prove that point look at the World Mini's results, no Team Green riders there. At least from a quick glance perspective I didn't notice any.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/26/2012 6:22am
ML512 wrote:
sharkey wrote:
kzizok wrote:
To prove that point look at the World Mini's results, no Team Green riders there. At least from a quick glance perspective I didn't notice any.
I think epstein was the only main one, but like I said I believe the team green rig is doing ponca...
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/26/2012 7:02am Edited Date/Time 5/26/2012 7:12am

Now how does Cianciarulo cause a race to me moved ?? The race was already being moved and Cianciarulo hates the NMA so he is not supporting the NMA or the new race in Norman like a lot of riders but to say that Cianciarulo had the raced moved is stupid to even repeat. He has nothing to do with the AMBUCS or the Ponca track he is just a rider who can't stand the NMA and has some pull with other riders. Cianciarulo has no say on where or when races are held he can just say where and when he will race and convince others to do the same.

Post a reply to: Cianciarulo and NMA drama

The Latest