Christian Craig

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2018 1:42 PM

I was a big fan of dad and I try to root for the kid. But he can't seem to put it together. Gets good starts and then fades. He did that on 450s outdoors too. Dad would have sent some of these people showing him a wheel into cheap seats. Christian just lets them by with no fight. Not sure if he just has arm pump and lets them by knowing theres no point in banging bars and risk ending up on your head (dad) or if he's just too nice of a kid and banging bars is not his style so he just lets it be.
|

1/7/2018 1:43 PM

He isn't showing the same fight he had years ago with Webb

|

1/7/2018 1:45 PM

Poor conditioning, did you not see him struggling to breathe 5 minutes after his heat on the podium.

|

1/7/2018 1:51 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Poor conditioning, did you not see him struggling to breathe 5 minutes after his heat on the podium.

I thought that was interesting too... Especially since the heat had already been over for a few mins. I swear I've seen riders come straight to the podium after a 30min outdoor moto and not be huffin and puffin like that.

If he's out of contention for the 250 title, I wonder what the chances of him riding a 450 on the East Coast is?

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

1/7/2018 1:54 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Yeah I did notice that now that you mention it.

|

1/7/2018 2:36 PM

7:30 mark hes got his head down like it was a national. and on the podium mentions how it was no problem cause him and seely do sprints all the time. I'd say whatever they're doing isn't working.
|

1/7/2018 3:06 PM

I noticed that too. I thought he'd be in good shape after having to work in construction for a while. It's too bad because he's bad fast.

|

1/7/2018 3:12 PM

He did great after getting caught by Savatgy to maintain the lead and win the heat. For sure he “sprinted” that last lap.

Not sure if you guys remember, but he has been through some gnarly wrecks and injuries. Riding in his comfort zone and in control is a good thing. I’m glad he doesn’t ride over his head and risk injury.

Winning a heat and getting 5th at arguably the most intense SX of the series isn’t too bad.

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

1/7/2018 3:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 3:13 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Rockinar wrote:

1st race of the year. Nerves will do that to ya.

|

1/7/2018 3:18 PM

I wonder what his training is like because the guy looks insanely cut in his Instagram photos (hard to say that without coming off creepy), seems he may have focused more on strength training rather than cardio. I cant really pass judgement seeing as I can’t even use an elevator without getting winded.

|

1/7/2018 3:19 PM

Regis wrote:

He did great after getting caught by Savatgy to maintain the lead and win the heat. For sure he “sprinted” that last lap.

Not sure if you guys remember, but he has been through some gnarly wrecks and injuries. Riding in his comfort zone and in control is a good thing. I’m glad he doesn’t ride over his head and risk injury.

Winning a heat and getting 5th at arguably the most intense SX of the series isn’t too bad.

This.....

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 3:20 PM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Rockinar wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

1st race of the year. Nerves will do that to ya.

And this......

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/7/2018 4:48 PM

Dude breathing harder than Matthes going up a set of stairs.

|

1/7/2018 4:52 PM

Regis wrote:

What do you know? smile

|

1/7/2018 4:53 PM

Premix wrote:

Or you when yer ripping off fellow vitals.

|

1/7/2018 5:04 PM

Premix wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Wrong guy...

|

1/7/2018 5:19 PM

Could have sworn that he pulled a solid 5th last night. How'd you all fare?

|

1/7/2018 5:27 PM

Look at the competition... 5th isn't bad. I like Craig, hell I like all the riders. But let's be realistic, he has never had that out right speed like some have. He did just beat your last years champ though. whistling

|

1/7/2018 5:41 PM

OP. I was wondering the same thing. I'm curious as to who he trains with? Does he have trainer with a regimen or just does his own thing?

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

1/7/2018 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2018 6:04 PM

PJ205 wrote:

Could have sworn that he pulled a solid 5th last night. How'd you all fare?

About as good as you. I'm glad we need to be able to make mains to have any sort of opinion on a pro athlete. Maybe we should just talk about our crochet work instead. It's a valid question considering 2 years ago he was fighting for wins every week. Last year he was very much in the background, a full step behind the leaders every race. I bet Geico expects just a bit more out of him.

|

1/7/2018 6:12 PM

"About as good as you."

Solid retort.

|

1/7/2018 6:24 PM

He got 5th! That's a great result.

It's only a reflection of people's respect for his talent that they wander why he isn't doing better, but 5th is nothing to sneeze at and I bet he does better yet.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/7/2018 10:20 PM

Crush wrote:

He got 5th! That's a great result.

It's only a reflection of people's respect for his talent that they wander why he isn't doing better, but 5th is nothing to sneeze at and I bet he does better yet.

This^

Also, first round tensions - A lot of guys experienced armpump, solid result!

|

-The era of procrastination, of Half-Measures, of Soothing and Baffeling expedients, of Delays, is Coming to its Close. -In its Place We are Entering a Period of Consequences.

1/7/2018 10:27 PM

I think that was pretty good!

The 2018 West coast is stacked compared to most other regional SX classes in the past. So getting 5th is fine?

Yeah it wasn't anything amazing but way better than last year. I'm sure we'll see podiums from him and maybe a win.

|

1/8/2018 2:16 AM

He has the best style on the bike. Love watching him ride

|

1/8/2018 3:13 AM

There are only so many spots on the podium. If he managed to finish a few spots higher, some of you would be wondering what's wrong with whomever else would have gotten 5th.

Also, it was one race and it's A1. Let's all just chill and realize there is a lot of racing left.

|

1/8/2018 6:32 PM

Premix wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Was thinking the same lol

|

1/8/2018 7:16 PM

Doesn‘t Christian still have rods in his back! If so, the guy is a beast for even racing

|

1/8/2018 8:12 PM

sometimes i feel like hes going too slow in the corners

|

1/8/2018 8:59 PM

HuskyEd wrote:

Doesn‘t Christian still have rods in his back! If so, the guy is a beast for even racing

Don't use common sense around here Ed......it will just get you in trouble. wink

|

Did i do that?