Chris Canning Local hero

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2018 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2018 6:01 AM

Canning showed the world Nesc is still alive and well, Producing great riders. Starting in 18th to running 7th for the majority of the first moto and still finished 11th and second moto last to 13th finishing out in 15th. Team managers will write it off because it’s southwick, But canning is the real deal.. and I hope he opened eyes yesterday.

|

7/1/2018 11:43 AM

He rode great. But he won't open any eyes til he does it again.

|

7/1/2018 12:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2018 12:27 PM

I Had Never Heard of Him
But he was on my fantasy team And got 100 points smile
Because of that i watched live timing and noticed him coming through the pack from last to 1st
He must be fast I wish i could have saw him in person .
Is he Racing all of them anyone know?

|

7/1/2018 12:30 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

I Had Never Heard of Him
But he was on my fantasy team And got 100 points smile
Because of that i watched live timing and noticed him coming through the pack from last to 1st
He must be fast I wish i could have saw him in person .
Is he Racing all of them anyone know?

i with you tarz, he got me 100 points as well. Southwick always has a few locals that go out and show how its done. Well done chris!

|

7/1/2018 3:38 PM

Great ride, but he isn't going to land a factory ride anytime soon.

|

7/1/2018 4:06 PM

Good to see the NE guys talk about more than Decotis.

|

7/1/2018 4:46 PM

Photo
|

7/1/2018 5:25 PM

That'd definitely be a highlight and something to always remember! Especially on your "home" track where there's probably a lot more people who know you in attendance.

As for whether it's a home track fluke or not? Probably, but I'd still take it. I remember plenty of fast local guys who couldn't score points at Washougal back in the day, so even with "home field advantage" it's something to be proud of. I doubt that a team manager would place the importance of this race higher than his other 21 Nationals, though. 10 National points in 42 motos before today probably won't create a bidding war, but maybe if he has a few more days like today he could get a little more attention.

|

7/2/2018 4:20 AM

Very impressed by his drive and fitness moto 2. Great racing.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

7/2/2018 5:52 AM

He's definitely the real deal and a super good kid. I talk with him almost every weekend at the races about this and that. He's won every moto so far season but maybe one in 250 and 450 Pro classes here in New England. Robby Marshall is the only guy who's been able to stay with him and keep him honest. 35th to 13th (ended up 15th) in moto 2 on Sat was an unbelievable ride because I was there on the track and it was nasty nasty rough and 95 degrees.

|

7/2/2018 6:07 AM

I've known his name as being a JDay rippa kind of dude... Saw he showed up and raced Muddy Creek this year and did fairly well. What's his deal?? Is he trying to enter the pro moto ranks, or is he more of a working man like Marshall, who just likes riding his dirtbike really fuckin fast??

Heard Matthes mention it was rumored this could of been Marshall's last year racing the National.. Guess he's got a kid now

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/2/2018 7:04 AM

I am Chris's Mechanic, He is most Definitely not a JDAY rippa. He's been racing motocross for almost 20 years. He's won multiple NESC championships in the EXPERT class. Kid is a true New England Ripper. You'll see his name at Red Bud, Budds Creek, Ironman, and maybe a few more if he can swing it. He's been racing Pro motocross since he was 16 in 2011. This weekend with a 12th overall was a career best finish for him. He is finally on a good bike with a sold crew of support. All the stars are aligned and he should be competitive within the top 15 at the rest of these races!

If anyone wants to do an outsiders interview of Chris I'd love to give one. I've known him for 10+ years and been wrenching for him since then. It's one hell of a story!

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."

7/2/2018 7:44 AM

Badassery!

|

7/2/2018 9:10 AM

Sixeightone wrote:

I am Chris's Mechanic, He is most Definitely not a JDAY rippa. He's been racing motocross for almost 20 years. He's won multiple NESC championships in the EXPERT class. Kid is a true New England Ripper. You'll see his name at Red Bud, Budds Creek, Ironman, and maybe a few more if he can swing it. He's been racing Pro motocross since he was 16 in 2011. This weekend with a 12th overall was a career best finish for him. He is finally on a good bike with a sold crew of support. All the stars are aligned and he should be competitive within the top 15 at the rest of these races!

If anyone wants to do an outsiders interview of Chris I'd love to give one. I've known him for 10+ years and been wrenching for him since then. It's one hell of a story!

Jard tuned ?? You guys killed it

|

7/2/2018 9:18 AM

Sixeightone wrote:

Hah well thanks for setting the story straight! Not sure if he's ever done JDAY stuff or why I made that connection.... Either way, I don't follow NESC moto but I definitely knew Chris was a Northeast dude... so you guys must be doing something right for me to even know him! Congrats on the showing this weekend. Must of been a lot of high fives and smiles after the race (and hydration!)

What did Chris end up saying about the whole pulling off a lap early mishap? lol

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/2/2018 9:49 AM

Sixeightone wrote:

Always love to see NESC guys representing!!

|