Chisholm signed for the summer

berno929
Fantasy
2511th
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2014 2:13pm
Rockstar Yamaha in Canada

Gonna race Metcalfe (Monster Kawi) Facciotti (Honda) Kiniry (Rockstar Yam) and most likely Cole Thompson (KTM)..

http://www.directmotocross.com/news/breaking/2013/12/pr-kyle-chisholm-s…
|
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
12/31/2013 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2019 7:45pm
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/31/2013 12:19pm
Cool deal. We may have to start calling it the Can-Am-Aus series. Wink
Roscoe33
12/31/2013 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 4:05pm
GuyB wrote:
in baseball they have the minor leagues AAA, AA etc.

but I wouldn't call racing for Iain Hayden and his Rockstar Yamaha team the minor leagues, Iain as racer did his share of winning championships, as a team manager he expects his racers to win.
Chisholm coming back to Canada is a good move, a rider who has had sucess and won and knows the tracks has a much better chance of repeating that sucess even on the bigger bike.
Chisholm should be in the mix outfront.

The Shop

shredder22
1/1/2014 3:57am
GuyB wrote:
Roscoe33 wrote:
in baseball they have the minor leagues AAA, AA etc. but I wouldn't call racing for Iain Hayden and his Rockstar Yamaha team the minor leagues...

but I wouldn't call racing for Iain Hayden and his Rockstar Yamaha team the minor leagues, Iain as racer did his share of winning championships, as a team manager he expects his racers to win.
Chisholm coming back to Canada is a good move, a rider who has had sucess and won and knows the tracks has a much better chance of repeating that sucess even on the bigger bike.
Guy b didn't call it the minor leagues. He just said Can-Am-Aus series due to the riders mentioned in the op and where they come from. However, I will call go ahead and call it the minor leagues. That's no disrespect to anybody racing in the series, Chisholm, or the rockstar yamaha team, but let's keep it real, racing SX and MX in the US is the major leagues. That's where everybody wants to race.
Roscoe33
1/1/2014 10:31am
GuyB wrote:
Roscoe33 wrote:
in baseball they have the minor leagues AAA, AA etc. but I wouldn't call racing for Iain Hayden and his Rockstar Yamaha team the minor leagues...

shredder22 wrote:
Guy b didn't call it the minor leagues. He just said Can-Am-Aus series due to the riders mentioned in the op and where they come from...
Guy b didn't call it the minor leagues. He just said Can-Am-Aus series due to the riders mentioned in the op and where they come from. However, I will call go ahead and call it the minor leagues. That's no disrespect to anybody racing in the series, Chisholm, or the rockstar yamaha team, but let's keep it real, racing SX and MX in the US is the major leagues. That's where everybody wants to race.
I agee, most racers goal is to land in SX or US nationals thats where all the money is.
I look at our series as AA of pro motcross, but just like baseball many young racers need some grooming off the track, media skills, working with a pro mechanic instead of Dad, travel and testing schedules.
malachi177
1/1/2014 2:07pm
Roscoe33 wrote:

shredder22 wrote:
Guy b didn't call it the minor leagues. He just said Can-Am-Aus series due to the riders mentioned in the op and where they come from...
Roscoe33 wrote:
I agee, most racers goal is to land in SX or US nationals thats where all the money is. I look at our series as AA...
I agee, most racers goal is to land in SX or US nationals thats where all the money is.
I look at our series as AA of pro motcross, but just like baseball many young racers need some grooming off the track, media skills, working with a pro mechanic instead of Dad, travel and testing schedules.
Tell that to the top MX1 riders in the Canadian Nationals. That's why they race here, better money then they could get elsewhere. The field isn't as deep obviously, but for Metcalfe, Chisholm, Facciotti , Kiniry, etc their pay stubs aren't too shabby and a lot of riders would love to make that amount of money. At the end of the day, a racer goes where the money is. I think it's great.
shredder22
1/1/2014 2:13pm
malachi177 wrote:
Tell that to the top MX1 riders in the Canadian Nationals. That's why they race here, better money then they could get elsewhere. The field isn't...
Tell that to the top MX1 riders in the Canadian Nationals. That's why they race here, better money then they could get elsewhere. The field isn't as deep obviously, but for Metcalfe, Chisholm, Facciotti , Kiniry, etc their pay stubs aren't too shabby and a lot of riders would love to make that amount of money. At the end of the day, a racer goes where the money is. I think it's great.
I totally agree with you, but the only reason Metcalfe, Chisholm, etc. are racing the Canadian Nationals is because they aren't getting paid enough/anything to race US SX/MX. If the pay/support were equal/even close, I'm sure those guys would choose to race in the US. Again, Im not taking a dig at any of these other series, and like Roscoe said, MLB has the minor leagues, NBA has the developmental leagues so I think it's good. ANd the more series the better. More rides for more guys to make a living is always a better thing in my eyes.

Post a reply to: Chisholm signed for the summer

The Latest