Chisholm - 250 or 450 this week?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2018 7:07 PM

Which one is he racing this week? I suspect he's racing the 250.

|

Before responding to any post, consider these three things...
1. Context!
2. Context!
3. Context!

3/23/2018 7:22 PM

|

3/24/2018 9:45 AM

Nothing against Chiz, but I thought the intention of the 250 East/West was to have a support class to allow up and coming riders to gain Supercross experience. Wasn't this Dave Coombs' vision back in the 1980s?

Racers with many years of Supercross experience and are old enough to have a son racing the 250 East/West should be ineligible for 250SX.

If the 250 class is no longer a support class they can lose all point out restrictions and run 17 rounds.

|

"Thank God my father wasn't rich."
-Hurricane

"You wouldn't take clay to Southwick, so why take sand to Red Bud?"
-DV

"I ride a two-stroke because I am Weigandt-level cheap"
-Me

3/24/2018 9:50 AM

Bry145 wrote:

Nothing against Chiz, but I thought the intention of the 250 East/West was to have a support class to allow up and coming riders to gain Supercross experience. Wasn't this Dave Coombs' vision back in the 1980s?

Racers with many years of Supercross experience and are old enough to have a son racing the 250 East/West should be ineligible for 250SX.

If the 250 class is no longer a support class they can lose all point out restrictions and run 17 rounds.

It would sure be nice if we had the top 40 riders in the 2 450 heats and the bottom 40 on 250’s. No separate support series. We will get a little taste of how it could be with the 250 shootout tonight.

|

3/24/2018 10:31 AM

KennyT wrote:

It would sure be nice if we had the top 40 riders in the 2 450 heats and the bottom 40 on 250’s. No separate support series. We will get a little taste of how it could be with the 250 shootout tonight.

250 East/West Support Class - Develop a point-out system that is fair and easy to understand.

450 Premier Class

450 Support/ B-Main Class (no points) - Those who do not qualify for the main have a B 450 race that is 10 laps and on TV to give those guys some exposure. They race for purse money but no points.

Also, factory supported riders (those with factory/unobtainable parts on their bikes) are not eligible for Feld purse money. That money is distributed based on performance to non-factory supported riders who need those resources to get from race to race, proper nutrition, proper rest, insurance, and the like.

|

"Thank God my father wasn't rich."
-Hurricane

"You wouldn't take clay to Southwick, so why take sand to Red Bud?"
-DV

"I ride a two-stroke because I am Weigandt-level cheap"
-Me

3/24/2018 10:37 AM

Indianapolis is round 1 of the 250 East West Shootout so KC11 is running the West 250 classPhoto

|