Chino Braxton

Edited Date/Time 4/20/2021 4:59pm
Why are we bringing on a Wheelie Boy to promote our sport? And Why is Monster Energy sponsoring a wheelie boy? This sport is becoming a joke.
|
Lightning78
4/17/2021 10:06pm
Why are we bringing on a Wheelie Boy to promote our sport? And Why is Monster Energy sponsoring a wheelie boy? This sport is becoming a...
Why are we bringing on a Wheelie Boy to promote our sport? And Why is Monster Energy sponsoring a wheelie boy? This sport is becoming a joke.
"I wanna make a sport out this...like a real sport"
Wheeling dirtbikes and quads on the street?

Potentially stolen bikes? ...notice I said potentially not assuming but that was the thought wasn't it
ridge
4/17/2021 10:08pm
They said he's an actor...I checked out his IG and the dude has skills, albeit wheelie skills but whatever. He probably understands moto way better than that Rutledge goof.
Cashmore
4/17/2021 10:09pm
ridge wrote:
They said he's an actor...I checked out his IG and the dude has skills, albeit wheelie skills but whatever. He probably understands moto way better than...
They said he's an actor...I checked out his IG and the dude has skills, albeit wheelie skills but whatever. He probably understands moto way better than that Rutledge goof.
Actor LOL

The Shop

Ryan625
4/17/2021 10:13pm
I don’t understand why monster would ever back something as illegal as riding off-road only bikes in cities and neighborhoods
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
4/17/2021 10:15pm
He's sponsored by Monster Energy probably because of his social media following. He's got 1+ million followers on Instagram alone.

I liked the part where he said he wants to make bikelife a sport. 🙄

I don't see how riding wheelies on the street and flailing your arms around can be a sport, but who knows.
ATKpilot99
4/18/2021 7:04am
I swear I had no idea who this guy or what bike life was . I thought he might have been from the music industry or something as I was only paying half attention and then when he said he wanted to turn bike life into a sport I was confused.
philG
4/18/2021 7:29am
Another prick who brings nothing we need.
OldnBroken
4/18/2021 9:17am
I didn’t know this was a thing lol. I just read a few random IG captions...he seems like a complete douche bag and idiot. Wheelying into oncoming traffic, dirt bikes in traffic in general ...how the hell is Monster Energy supporting this guy?
ShawdowGlen
4/18/2021 9:20am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 9:20am
Wheelie boys.... just what we need to make us look like a legit sport.

FFS. Are they trying to submarine us with these "influencers" they keep forcing on us....
rohleder644
4/18/2021 9:35am
The wheelie boy thing doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. Cool thing is, it doesn’t have to. FMX, skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding have all been looked at as low life scum of the sports they were born from. This is no different. I, for one, hope this fad fizzles out and dies. But if it doesn’t, what the fuck do I care?

TY331
4/18/2021 9:43am
The ignorance of this thread 😂😂
DK23
4/18/2021 9:45am
The wheelie boy thing doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. Cool thing is, it doesn’t have to. FMX, skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding have all been looked...
The wheelie boy thing doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. Cool thing is, it doesn’t have to. FMX, skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding have all been looked at as low life scum of the sports they were born from. This is no different. I, for one, hope this fad fizzles out and dies. But if it doesn’t, what the fuck do I care?

You would care if you lived in a city where this happens. I was at a red light in Center City Philly when my car (and others) was surrounded by about 15-20 kids on dirtbikes and quads. Some of them didn't even look like they were old enough to drive. They proceeded to go through the red light and ride on the street and sidewalk. That is why I care.
TeamGreen
4/18/2021 10:30am
TY331 wrote:
The ignorance of this thread 😂😂
So, where’s this so-called ignorance? Here’s some background, since you failed to provide any...

The face of Baltimore’s dirt biking scene, actor and professional dirt bike rider Chino Braxton has turned his childhood hobby into his passion, overcame tragedy, and is now bringing his passion into the mainstream.

Chino started riding pedal bikes throughout Baltimore when he was 2 as a way of bonding with his friends and family. After switching to dirt bikes at the age of 6, Chino began learning new stunts, asking friends to film his attempts, and uploading the footage on YouTube for the world to watch. His videos – which were performed using both pedal and dirt bikes – quickly grew into viral sensations, generating over 11 million views and attracting new fans across the world.

His eye-popping tricks caught the eye of Meek Mill, a biking enthusiast, who invited Chino to ride with his friends in Philadelphia before eventually taking Chino under his wing. With Meek as his mentor, Chino’s popularity exploded, with his biking exploits featured in several of the star’s music videos – including “Ima Boss,” “Litty,” “Glow Up” and “The Difference.”

Through it all, he’s also overcome his share of traumatic experiences. In 2016, Chino was shot in the head during a drive-by shooting in Baltimore. A few months later, both his brother and close friend Lor Scoota were shot and killed within weeks of one another. Those tragedies prompted Chino to use dirt bike riding as a way to build a brand and take care of his family.

After signing a management deal with Roc Nation in 2018, Chino partnered with Under Armour as a UA Sportstyle Pioneer, releasing two limited-edition tactical boots. He also served as the face of Supreme & Fox Racing’s Motocross-Inspired SS18 Collaboration and 2019’s Ethika x Seven Limited Collaboration.

In 2018, it was announced that he would be appearing alongside Meek Mill in the Will Smith / Jada Pinkett Smith-executive produced film, Charm City Kings, set to release on October 8th, 2020 on HBO Max.

As he continues to showcase his unique stunts, Chino is hoping to use his platform as a professional dirt biker to raise awareness for the sport, encourage young children to pursue it as a career, and give back to the community that he came from. In 2018, he auctioned off his own custom dirt bike to raise funds for B360 Baltimore, an organization that utilizes STEM education programming to help fight the cycle of poverty.

Fans can keep up with Chino on his Instagram (@chinobraxton), where he updates his followers regularly on his acting and tricks
peltier626
4/18/2021 10:48am
Lions, tigers and bears oh my. Grow the sport they said. Thanks FELD.
rohleder644
4/18/2021 10:53am
The wheelie boy thing doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. Cool thing is, it doesn’t have to. FMX, skateboarding, snowboarding, wakeboarding have all been looked...

DK23 wrote:
You would care if you lived in a city where this happens. I was at a red light in Center City Philly when my car (and...
You would care if you lived in a city where this happens. I was at a red light in Center City Philly when my car (and others) was surrounded by about 15-20 kids on dirtbikes and quads. Some of them didn't even look like they were old enough to drive. They proceeded to go through the red light and ride on the street and sidewalk. That is why I care.
There’s a group of them in my city. I think they’re fuckin douchebags.

I go ride in colorado, the hikers think I’m a douchebag threat to the environment. Cool thing is, I don’t much give a shit what they think of me. I would tend to guess the wheelie boyz have a similar attitude towards us core moto guys. And while I’d like to see the whole thing go away, how arrogant to think MY desires trump these guys desires to do something they enjoy.
DK23
4/18/2021 11:09am
There’s a group of them in my city. I think they’re fuckin douchebags. I go ride in colorado, the hikers think I’m a douchebag threat to...
There’s a group of them in my city. I think they’re fuckin douchebags.

I go ride in colorado, the hikers think I’m a douchebag threat to the environment. Cool thing is, I don’t much give a shit what they think of me. I would tend to guess the wheelie boyz have a similar attitude towards us core moto guys. And while I’d like to see the whole thing go away, how arrogant to think MY desires trump these guys desires to do something they enjoy.
The difference is you are not doing anything illegal and putting other people's life in danger (assuming). It is not my desire, it is the law. And yes I 'bent' the law as a youngster, but only endangered my life, and maybe my friend's lives.
rohleder644
4/18/2021 11:14am
I’d like to see some statistics on innocent bystanders getting wiped out by these hooligans. Yes, they’re breaking the law. They’re riding unlicensed, off road vehicles on a public street. How nefarious.
Sully22
4/18/2021 11:16am
I saw "Actor" under his name during the broadcast and literally looked him up expecting to see an IMDB page with some credible shows/movies....nope, nada
B Lenny
4/18/2021 11:30am
Sully22 wrote:
I saw "Actor" under his name during the broadcast and literally looked him up expecting to see an IMDB page with some credible shows/movies....nope, nada
Ahem...Whistling

ATKpilot99
4/18/2021 11:41am
Ok watched a video . He was doing a show in the parking lot of MetLife stadium. That's great but there was also footage of him and others riding the city streets amongst regular
traffic. I've never been to Baltimore but I'm guessing like most or all cities this is against the law ? And hey when I was a kid I used to ride my dirt bike on the street to get to where we rode which is also against the law and wrong. Had a guy try to clean me off my bike with a 2×4 one day while doing it .
But I digress . How do these sponsors look the other way on the illegal part of this.
Bromley686
4/18/2021 11:51am
For the few of you guys claiming we don’t like the wheelie boys because of color, that is not the case at all. I love seeing Shimoda, Swoll, Mookie and anyone else of different race than white out there. Why? Because it’s great for growing our sport. But the wheelie boys, they are a sh*t stain to the imagine of anyone who rides a dirt bike legally no matter the discipline.
Sully22
4/18/2021 11:54am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2021 12:02pm
Sully22 wrote:
B Lenny wrote:
Ahem...Whistling

Edit...I was going off the name Chino Braxton, the name on the screen during the broadcast, not Pacino.... my bad, when i searched the name of the show you posted I saw he has 1 acting credit under the name pacino. I should have known...
TY331
4/18/2021 12:04pm
TeamGreen wrote:
So, where’s this so-called ignorance? Here’s some background, since you failed to provide any... The face of Baltimore’s dirt biking scene, actor and professional dirt bike...
So, where’s this so-called ignorance? Here’s some background, since you failed to provide any...

The face of Baltimore’s dirt biking scene, actor and professional dirt bike rider Chino Braxton has turned his childhood hobby into his passion, overcame tragedy, and is now bringing his passion into the mainstream.

Chino started riding pedal bikes throughout Baltimore when he was 2 as a way of bonding with his friends and family. After switching to dirt bikes at the age of 6, Chino began learning new stunts, asking friends to film his attempts, and uploading the footage on YouTube for the world to watch. His videos – which were performed using both pedal and dirt bikes – quickly grew into viral sensations, generating over 11 million views and attracting new fans across the world.

His eye-popping tricks caught the eye of Meek Mill, a biking enthusiast, who invited Chino to ride with his friends in Philadelphia before eventually taking Chino under his wing. With Meek as his mentor, Chino’s popularity exploded, with his biking exploits featured in several of the star’s music videos – including “Ima Boss,” “Litty,” “Glow Up” and “The Difference.”

Through it all, he’s also overcome his share of traumatic experiences. In 2016, Chino was shot in the head during a drive-by shooting in Baltimore. A few months later, both his brother and close friend Lor Scoota were shot and killed within weeks of one another. Those tragedies prompted Chino to use dirt bike riding as a way to build a brand and take care of his family.

After signing a management deal with Roc Nation in 2018, Chino partnered with Under Armour as a UA Sportstyle Pioneer, releasing two limited-edition tactical boots. He also served as the face of Supreme & Fox Racing’s Motocross-Inspired SS18 Collaboration and 2019’s Ethika x Seven Limited Collaboration.

In 2018, it was announced that he would be appearing alongside Meek Mill in the Will Smith / Jada Pinkett Smith-executive produced film, Charm City Kings, set to release on October 8th, 2020 on HBO Max.

As he continues to showcase his unique stunts, Chino is hoping to use his platform as a professional dirt biker to raise awareness for the sport, encourage young children to pursue it as a career, and give back to the community that he came from. In 2018, he auctioned off his own custom dirt bike to raise funds for B360 Baltimore, an organization that utilizes STEM education programming to help fight the cycle of poverty.

Fans can keep up with Chino on his Instagram (@chinobraxton), where he updates his followers regularly on his acting and tricks
you definitely got your signals crossed buddy. Im a big fan of chino im a big fan of bike life. I just can't with the small minded conservative "core" Moto community.
TY331
4/18/2021 12:07pm
Should be promoting this non-profit org instead [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488332/s1200_5476C8A6_6BEF_448C_93B4_0681EA01652E.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488327/s1200_FD7319DF_6284_4CA0_9F91_C3E21C3EF138.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488331/s1200_AEBE57CA_4D19_4464_B874_9A942026117D.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488329/s1200_B4EC080F_7936_48E6_97BF_B326A4E8F5BE.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488330/s1200_C5BFFA61_9A97_4922_B0AE_AD75DED09EBB.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488328/s1200_D1A07757_6015_46B4_AEF7_0859CEFFE332.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488334/s1200_5546170F_7157_4917_B34B_C04F4CC387BB.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488333/s1200_6FB396AA_50D7_4615_9685_4AD7B018928C.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/04/18/488335/s1200_6026E2AF_31A6_4BA7_B664_1CBDC3CA275B.jpg[/img]
Should be promoting this non-profit org instead

Korta growing the sport for real.
Moto213
4/18/2021 12:11pm
What is the percentage of these dirt bikes ridden on the street, are purchased legally, or from a dealership? My guess is a very low %. Just my opinion though.
CKNY
4/18/2021 12:12pm
TeamGreen wrote:
So, where’s this so-called ignorance? Here’s some background, since you failed to provide any... The face of Baltimore’s dirt biking scene, actor and professional dirt bike...

TY331 wrote:
you definitely got your signals crossed buddy. Im a big fan of chino im a big fan of bike life. I just can't with the small...
you definitely got your signals crossed buddy. Im a big fan of chino im a big fan of bike life. I just can't with the small minded conservative "core" Moto community.
Good for. What’s your point?
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
4/18/2021 12:24pm
I just want to say, I think it would be a blast to rip around a big city with NFG.

How they get away with it baffles me though.

Post a reply to: Chino Braxton

The Latest