Chinese knock-off mx products

Natester551v
7/2/2019 7:24pm
Tuna wrote:
I’m loving all the downvotes, keep em coming all you holier than though hypocrites😂🖕
How proud you must be....
40acres
7/2/2019 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2019 8:29pm
Lastander wrote:
Im not bagging china about their quality, i know that 99% of the stuff we wear is manufactured there... Dont agree with you on buying counterfeit...
Im not bagging china about their quality, i know that 99% of the stuff we wear is manufactured there...
Dont agree with you on buying counterfeit products though, im a RayBan enthusiast and i hate seeing these fucking knock-offs, same as the oakley fakes..
Have you ever heard of a large Italian company by the name of Luxottica?

Not really China, but all those companies you support have already sold out to the biggest cat on the block.
Chance1216
7/2/2019 8:48pm
disbanded wrote:
I bought some knock off TLD gloves and the right glove had 6 fingers
I bought a TLD Jersey a few years ago off Amazon.
Felt like it was made out of really thick itchy pantyhose and what was supposed to be blue was purple. I should've paid a little more attention to where it was being shipped from.
Berni
7/2/2019 10:15pm
lukemoto wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/29/357213/s1200_2018_NAUGHTY_Fox_MX_180_Racing_Green_Jersey_Pant_Combo_Racing_Motocross_ATV_Dirt_Bike_Riding.jpg_640x640.jpg[/img] No one here wears "Naughty FOX" gear??? Hahahah!!!!!

No one here wears "Naughty FOX" gear??? Hahahah!!!!!
Berni wrote:
Buy that.... It will come with a fox head instead the naugthy logo
JMS800 wrote:
really?
Sure. The 360 I bought was like that, came with fox head

The Shop

Lastander
7/2/2019 10:20pm
40acres wrote:
Have you ever heard of a large Italian company by the name of [url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica]Luxottica[/url]? Not really China, but all those companies you support have already sold...
Have you ever heard of a large Italian company by the name of Luxottica?

Not really China, but all those companies you support have already sold out to the biggest cat on the block.
Sold out and being counterfeit products at lesser quality is two different things in my eyes.
Beeby
7/2/2019 11:25pm
I wonder how many of those knock off bikes they actually sell? Must be a fair few to justify the cost of making them because a lot of parts go into a complete bike and all of those parts will be copy stuff
Beeby
7/2/2019 11:27pm
There seems to be this view that made in America means better quality. I am not so sure that is correct. How many quality made in America brands still exist?

Also how many people buy American brands that are items made up of parts made all over the world? Look at US brand cars.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/3/2019 12:44am
Beeby wrote:
There seems to be this view that made in America means better quality. I am not so sure that is correct. How many quality made in...
There seems to be this view that made in America means better quality. I am not so sure that is correct. How many quality made in America brands still exist?

Also how many people buy American brands that are items made up of parts made all over the world? Look at US brand cars.
For how many years have American manufacturing jobs been shipped over seas, with these companies knowing they were selling out their own intellectual property in the name of profits? They know 90 percent of the actual sales will be their brand. That's ok with them.

How many "Americans" go out of their way to support American made products regardless of cost knowing people have to earn a living wage and not get everything as cheap as possible? Obviously that's not really possible anymore. Sadly.

Sometimes not owning everything isn't the worst thing.
motogrady
7/3/2019 5:12am
Just a few thoughts.
Early 80s, on th banks of the Chesapeke Bay we watched 1/2 of a massive blast furnace float by, on its way to China. EPA put them out of business.
Those blast furnaces are still making steel over here.

Mid 70s, the major car manufacturers were inviting Japanese auto engineers over here to see how we built cars.

Did a job for a guy in the early 90s, he was rich as hell. Said he made his money finding and selling looms, in any condition, for a customer in China that wanted all he could get. He retired when he couldn't find any more here in the USA.

Thing is, we've done it to ourselves.

Self greed, and laziness.

Anyone here gonna sit in front of a commercial sewing machine for 10 hours a day, 50 hours a week, with no airconditioning for .75 cents an hour?

It's not this generation that's got it bad, it's the ones 2 down the line that are fucked.
motogrady
7/3/2019 5:16am
Oh, the American Dream is still alive.
Get a Federal, or for that matter, any government job.
Ok pay, killer bennies and retirement, and when its quitting time those guys are gone living the bar b que on the deck life.
It's just the way it is.......
MXBen711
7/3/2019 9:47am
I work for a UK based Moto Distributor. There are many reasons for changing production locations, logistics is one. When your global, you have to get product around the world, and shipping from the US is just plain expensive. Especially California!

Manufacturing costs are cheaper, but if you think a set of gloves is $1 you are mistaken. Material specs, marketing, development, funding the industry we are in, rider support are all things to factor into that cost. Its difficult to make something great 1st time.

I hope those that buy knock off crap never get a penny off from their dealer in return for their total lack of support, there's a guy behind that counter trying to make ends meet at the end of the day. Every sale outside of there and outside of your country, is a sale you take out of your own industry.

Whats astonishing, is that there are guys complaining about moto going bad, and they're buying knock offs! Budgets, forecasts and marketing spends are calculated on a countries turnover. Congrats on shafting the people around you and generally driving down your own moto industry. This isn't US specific, i see it all over. Moto is expensive, but 3 year old gear from the guy who's looked after you 5/10/15 years is better than new style junk.

Oh, and there's no flame retardent material on most of these Chinese products
willie838
7/3/2019 10:21am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2019 10:22am
Capitalism. People voting with their dollars.

Some people aren't t playing the the rules.
Tuna
7/3/2019 1:34pm
MXBen711 wrote:
I work for a UK based Moto Distributor. There are many reasons for changing production locations, logistics is one. When your global, you have to get...
I work for a UK based Moto Distributor. There are many reasons for changing production locations, logistics is one. When your global, you have to get product around the world, and shipping from the US is just plain expensive. Especially California!

Manufacturing costs are cheaper, but if you think a set of gloves is $1 you are mistaken. Material specs, marketing, development, funding the industry we are in, rider support are all things to factor into that cost. Its difficult to make something great 1st time.

I hope those that buy knock off crap never get a penny off from their dealer in return for their total lack of support, there's a guy behind that counter trying to make ends meet at the end of the day. Every sale outside of there and outside of your country, is a sale you take out of your own industry.

Whats astonishing, is that there are guys complaining about moto going bad, and they're buying knock offs! Budgets, forecasts and marketing spends are calculated on a countries turnover. Congrats on shafting the people around you and generally driving down your own moto industry. This isn't US specific, i see it all over. Moto is expensive, but 3 year old gear from the guy who's looked after you 5/10/15 years is better than new style junk.

Get a grip guy. I bought one cheap part for a bike and you’re making it sound like it’s responsible for ruining an industry that I’ve supported with my hard earned dollars for many years. I sure as hell hope you and the others only support local industry and businesses but am very doubtful you could be that selective and diligent. I’ve heard many other distributor reps and employees going on rants about not supporting local or your dealers, trying to guilt trip honest hard working folks into buying their product. The only thing that does is make me not want to buy from these organizations. Let’s face it, other than maybe the small players, most companies, especially large corporations care about one thing.....returns to their shareholders. I’d never buy from my local dealer because first off, they are assholes, have terrible service and will not discount any product. In fact, often their pricing is higher than MSRP. I buy from a dealer 5 hours away who supports myself, the sport and his community.

I’m a businessman and business owner. I know the game.

And yeah, most gloves do cost a buck to make not including the other business costs associated with running the company.
MXBen711
7/3/2019 2:01pm
MXBen711 wrote:
I work for a UK based Moto Distributor. There are many reasons for changing production locations, logistics is one. When your global, you have to get...

Tuna wrote:
Get a grip guy. I bought one cheap part for a bike and you’re making it sound like it’s responsible for ruining an industry that I’ve...
Get a grip guy. I bought one cheap part for a bike and you’re making it sound like it’s responsible for ruining an industry that I’ve supported with my hard earned dollars for many years. I sure as hell hope you and the others only support local industry and businesses but am very doubtful you could be that selective and diligent. I’ve heard many other distributor reps and employees going on rants about not supporting local or your dealers, trying to guilt trip honest hard working folks into buying their product. The only thing that does is make me not want to buy from these organizations. Let’s face it, other than maybe the small players, most companies, especially large corporations care about one thing.....returns to their shareholders. I’d never buy from my local dealer because first off, they are assholes, have terrible service and will not discount any product. In fact, often their pricing is higher than MSRP. I buy from a dealer 5 hours away who supports myself, the sport and his community.

And yeah, most gloves do cost a buck to make not including the other business costs associated with running the company.
Me get a grip? I have a grip, I’m not a rep I look after the whole moto division and I only look after the dealers we sell to. I don’t sell direct to consumer, I go out of my way to make sure they have margin, support, extended credit terms if needed and I take the time to listen to their issues. I’ve been in this industry my whole life and i whole heartedly condemn the selling in and buying from anyone outside the UK industry.

We don’t have shareholders, I support a number of teams with product to keep them afloat and I support local and national riders where possible. This would not be possible if people buy from China.

There’s a saying, if your in a room full of assholes, chances are they’re not the assholes. Food for thought on why your local dealers try and charge you over the odds.
Talisker
7/3/2019 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2019 2:32pm
Clothing is a toss-up. You get what you pay for. Safety equipment and hard parts is a big no no. Id rather pay extra for a reputable companys research, design, and use of quality materials. Not to mention, i really enjoy waking up and getting out of bed on my own.
Tuna
7/3/2019 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2019 5:18pm
MXBen711 wrote:

Tuna wrote:
Get a grip guy. I bought one cheap part for a bike and you’re making it sound like it’s responsible for ruining an industry that I’ve...

MXBen711 wrote:
Me get a grip? I have a grip, I’m not a rep I look after the whole moto division and I only look after the dealers...
Me get a grip? I have a grip, I’m not a rep I look after the whole moto division and I only look after the dealers we sell to. I don’t sell direct to consumer, I go out of my way to make sure they have margin, support, extended credit terms if needed and I take the time to listen to their issues. I’ve been in this industry my whole life and i whole heartedly condemn the selling in and buying from anyone outside the UK industry.

We don’t have shareholders, I support a number of teams with product to keep them afloat and I support local and national riders where possible. This would not be possible if people buy from China.

There’s a saying, if your in a room full of assholes, chances are they’re not the assholes. Food for thought on why your local dealers try and charge you over the odds.
Nah bud, my local dealer is an asshole and no one likes them. Lots of dealers are dicks, lots are cool.

I do a ton to support the sport. And not just through my wallet. I just think half the people commenting here are a bunch of hypocrites who are full of shit and don’t follow what they preach.
shuggs
7/4/2019 12:18am
MXBen711 wrote:

Ok so what do I do, I now do not have a dealer in my county (UK), do I then drive a couple of hours (return) to next dealer just to support them even though they have a bad rep, do not care about return business as they know they have a ‘captive market’ and their prices reflect this - never had/ known anyone to get a discount, their trade in prices for bikes are laughable !!

I will continue to buy some parts from wish/ Joom but the majority of my parts now come from eBay!! There’s a shop that I could drive to but the cost of fuel ( don’t get me started on UK prices!!) negates that so I buy from him on eBay AND use a cashback website!

Rant over
MXBen711
7/4/2019 1:02am
MXBen711 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
Ok so what do I do, I now do not have a dealer in my county (UK), do I then drive a couple of hours (return)...
Ok so what do I do, I now do not have a dealer in my county (UK), do I then drive a couple of hours (return) to next dealer just to support them even though they have a bad rep, do not care about return business as they know they have a ‘captive market’ and their prices reflect this - never had/ known anyone to get a discount, their trade in prices for bikes are laughable !!

I will continue to buy some parts from wish/ Joom but the majority of my parts now come from eBay!! There’s a shop that I could drive to but the cost of fuel ( don’t get me started on UK prices!!) negates that so I buy from him on eBay AND use a cashback website!

Rant over
So you can’t google MX Shops in the UK and have someone take care of it via phone? 1st mx has a fantastic business and they do that exact thing. And what makes you feel like you deserve a discount? What have you done for any MX dealer for them to give you a deal?

Split hairs and nitpick all you want to justify the cheap Chinese crap your buying, but that doesn’t add anything back into the sport or industry. Their isn’t a Chinese Fox reinvesting into riders and technology, they’ve stolen something off someone and your just as bad

Post a reply to: Chinese knock-off mx products

The Latest