Chinese Takeout by David Pingree

Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
10/3/2017 8:56am
racer495a wrote:
Was he actually serious about racing this thing or was it all just for a good article?
It appears to all have been for the laughs, which he delivered.
DC
10/3/2017 10:13am
That article was a lot of fun, and we got great help from Pro Circuit, Throttle Jockey, the AMA and more...

But it wasn't in an actual national; it was the day before. They let us try to tech the bike and ride the last practice. That was about it; never homologated, unsafe at any speed (but you couldn't actually get up to any noticeable speed!)

Later, we were approached by the "lawyer" of the brand and we pretty much told them to go ahead and bring any suit for slander that they wanted and we would just wheel the bike in front of the judge and ask him to take a lap and let us know what he/she thought of its performance...

Never heard from them again.

DC
Racer X

The Shop

10/3/2017 12:04pm
DC wrote:
That article was a lot of fun, and we got great help from Pro Circuit, Throttle Jockey, the AMA and more... But it wasn't in an...
That article was a lot of fun, and we got great help from Pro Circuit, Throttle Jockey, the AMA and more...

But it wasn't in an actual national; it was the day before. They let us try to tech the bike and ride the last practice. That was about it; never homologated, unsafe at any speed (but you couldn't actually get up to any noticeable speed!)

Later, we were approached by the "lawyer" of the brand and we pretty much told them to go ahead and bring any suit for slander that they wanted and we would just wheel the bike in front of the judge and ask him to take a lap and let us know what he/she thought of its performance...

DC
Racer X
Time of round 2. This could be better.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/dirtbike/sr450s.php
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
1835th
10/3/2017 12:32pm
DC wrote:
That article was a lot of fun, and we got great help from Pro Circuit, Throttle Jockey, the AMA and more... But it wasn't in an...

DC
Racer X
Time of round 2. This could be better.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/dirtbike/sr450s.php
A guy asked me one time my opinion on ssr because he wanted to buy one from a local dealer. I told him what I thought. Then he started giving me the stats, said he knew all about them and had done his research. Knowing this person (hard headed) I said go ahead and get one which is what he wanted to hear. All he's gonna do is take it muddin, and load it it in the truck so him and everyone else can ride it in the grass at the drag strip on Thursday nights wide open. It won't last long.
NorCal 50+
10/3/2017 1:17pm
Ping, please, "Chinamen" is not the preferred nomenclature.

Post a reply to: Chinese Takeout by David Pingree

The Latest