Chevy Express Moto Van Questions

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2020 10:43 AM

Anyone done one of these out of a passenger van? I just picked one up because I liked the look of the windows from the outside (I will cover them from the inside so noone can break in). The main issue I've ran into with the passenger van when I started gutting the back out is the tracks for the rear seats. I've since read some horror stories about removing these. Anyone had some success removing the tracks and can share some tips? Much appreciated!

|

3/19/2020 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2020 4:27 PM

Yes I have done this!

FIrst you can access the nuts on one side, cant remember which; driver or passenger, that hold these down to the floor from underneath the van on a creeper. Loosen/ remove all the ones you can like this.

Then for the ones where the heat shields were in the way, I think we cut them where we needed to to get access that we needed. We didn't destroy the heat shields but we just did what we could to gain access to the nuts.

Then towards the front on one or two, from inside the van, my buddy pried up the rail where it was freed already towards the rear, to give enough clearance to cut it the bolt using a recip saw (Sawzall).

Also as i looked back at these pics it shows we actually cut them with the recip saw while still installed in the floor. Hope this helps!

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|