Chest protector for big guys

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2017 8:11 AM

Hey guys I am 6'2 and 220lbs and running the leatt 4.5 chest protector in XXL and I enjoy it but are there any other chest protectors for big guys with a little more coverage??? Or is this the best I get being a big guy?
Or is the FOX proframe a bigger protector for a big guy like me??
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2325/49393/Fox-Racing-Proframe-LC-Roost-Deflector?c=13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatt-4-5-Chest-Protector-Black-/391707791195?epid=1837115107&hash=item5b339a8f5b:g:sSgAAOSw3v5Yp4Pr&vxp=mtr

|

9/3/2017 8:26 AM

smv ryder wrote:

Hey guys I am 6'2 and 220lbs and running the leatt 4.5 chest protector in XXL and I enjoy it but are there any other chest protectors for big guys with a little more coverage??? Or is this the best I get being a big guy?
Or is the FOX proframe a bigger protector for a big guy like me??
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2325/49393/Fox-Racing-Proframe-LC-Roost-Deflector?c=13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatt-4-5-Chest-Protector-Black-/391707791195?epid=1837115107&hash=item5b339a8f5b:g:sSgAAOSw3v5Yp4Pr&vxp=mtr

I m.6 2 225,I use the fox pro frame. Works great , light, comfy. Looks good . And you can use any neck brace, if you use one.

|

9/3/2017 8:33 AM

HRP made in new hampshire, lifetime garentee

|

9/3/2017 8:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 9:14 AM

I'm 6'4", 195lbs. I had an older Fox airframe that fit good. I remember at the time trying on 4-5 other brands and they did not fit well.

What I liked about the Fox was I can wear a hoodie under the chest protector, and I still felt comfortable

|

9/3/2017 8:48 AM

I'm 6'4'' 215 and I use the Fox Pro Frame. It's not perfect but it's the biggest I could find that doesn't limit movement.

|

9/3/2017 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 9:27 AM

I just ride "BITCH" behind a fat chick...

J/K... All love for the big gals!

Fox Pro Frame in the largest size available on RMATV with the detachable bits... I'm 6'1, 210-ish. Love it.

Really comfortable for what it affords in real/perceived "wraparound" protection.

EDIT: Make CERTAIN to go over the fastener mechanisms... Loctite the permanent ones.

|

.

9/3/2017 8:50 AM

pete24 wrote:

HRP made in new hampshire, lifetime garentee

This^. I'm 5'11"/220 (mx-we trapped in football player frame, lol). Theirs worked really well.

|

9/3/2017 9:08 AM

smv ryder wrote:

Hey guys I am 6'2 and 220lbs and running the leatt 4.5 chest protector in XXL and I enjoy it but are there any other chest protectors for big guys with a little more coverage??? Or is this the best I get being a big guy?
Or is the FOX proframe a bigger protector for a big guy like me??
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/2325/49393/Fox-Racing-Proframe-LC-Roost-Deflector?c=13
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatt-4-5-Chest-Protector-Black-/391707791195?epid=1837115107&hash=item5b339a8f5b:g:sSgAAOSw3v5Yp4Pr&vxp=mtr

mxb2 wrote:

I m.6 2 225,I use the fox pro frame. Works great , light, comfy. Looks good . And you can use any neck brace, if you use one.

Agree, I'm almost 6'2 and use the same.
Had the Thor Sentinel (the old version) before. Was good too but I prefer the Fox now

|

9/3/2017 9:14 AM

I'm 6'5. I use the alpinestar A10 xl-xxl. it's awesome

|

9/3/2017 9:30 AM

Strapping on the FOX Pro Frame for some "Bench Racin'" now...

|

.

9/3/2017 11:50 AM

mxwrench66 wrote:

I'm 6'5. I use the alpinestar A10 xl-xxl. it's awesome

Good to know. I'm 6'5 too and currently wear an HRP but don't like it much. Do you wear that Astar over or under jersey?

|

9/3/2017 12:42 PM

Its called man cleavage. Super shock absorbant

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600