Chest pro with shoulder protection

DB505
8/26/2022 12:19pm
crc245 wrote:
Take off the stickers/slap some of yours on, and you have proper shoulder protection. Multiple sizes and an exact splash off of the old Fox ones...
Take off the stickers/slap some of yours on, and you have proper shoulder protection. Multiple sizes and an exact splash off of the old Fox ones. The large even fits with my large Atlas. Rag dolled (you’re gonna die!) at GH on Saturday right on my bad shoulder (previous collarbone and AC problems), rode there today for the Thursday evening session: It does its job and has actual foam (like 1-1.5”) where it should. Two thumbs up from a long time user...

I’ve got the FOX version of this , it’s saved my shoulder/ collarbone many times!
I can’t believe more pros don’t use something like that
wwdiii
8/26/2022 12:43pm
crc245 wrote:
Take off the stickers/slap some of yours on, and you have proper shoulder protection. Multiple sizes and an exact splash off of the old Fox ones...
Take off the stickers/slap some of yours on, and you have proper shoulder protection. Multiple sizes and an exact splash off of the old Fox ones. The large even fits with my large Atlas. Rag dolled (you’re gonna die!) at GH on Saturday right on my bad shoulder (previous collarbone and AC problems), rode there today for the Thursday evening session: It does its job and has actual foam (like 1-1.5”) where it should. Two thumbs up from a long time user...

DB505 wrote:
I’ve got the FOX version of this , it’s saved my shoulder/ collarbone many times!
I can’t believe more pros don’t use something like that
Same here, I have a Fox version of that. Mine is hanging in my attic, I never were it but should.
Spooner
8/26/2022 2:07pm
wrc777 wrote:
I have an A10 and it would fit under a 1 size up jersey. I had the same issue with the shoulder pad velcro. I have...
I have an A10 and it would fit under a 1 size up jersey. I had the same issue with the shoulder pad velcro. I have the Bionic Action right now and it fits better and I don't need a 1 size up jersey. I was wondering how the A6 is. I like the idea of level 2 protection, and I would use the shoulder cups if they stay in place.

The A1 was just redesigned for 2023 and is now the A1 pro. Chest protection is upgraded from CE stone shield to CE level 1 for impact. I am also going to look at this once it hits the shops. I assume it will be super slim like the current A1.
Yeah the new A1 really is basically an A4 with the larger back protector and all that. Definitely still super slim and light though. I don’t mind a little more weight though so the A6 is my go to. I remove the shoulders usually when riding moto and it’s great even when it’s crazy hot. You can barely tell I’m wearing it even with the slim and stretchy stuff. This is me with the should pads on in this pic. And you definitely get a lot more energy absorption with this new gen stuff over old school plastic roost guards.

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/26/2022 2:28pm
I'll probably still wear an over-jersey protector going forward. I tried an Alpinestars Sequence and could not get used to it. Too scratchy on my skin. I could wear a shirt under it and be OK, but not in the summer.

The Shop

lumpy790
8/26/2022 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2022 2:37pm
brimx153 wrote:
People thinking sticking a bit of plastic on your shoulders is going to do anything to help is crazy to me .none of them above will...
People thinking sticking a bit of plastic on your shoulders is going to do anything to help is crazy to me .none of them above will help with a shoulder injury not one bit . Help s with roost and road rash .
lumpy790 wrote:
If you had ever crashed hard enough wearing one to break the plastic you would understand. Hope you have a good doctor. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565677/s1200_308ADA76_333C_4484_8178_A5A7CCF2C986.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565676/s1200_9EEF4AF7_BEC3_48B0_90BF_FA17372E8A18.jpg[/img]
If you had ever crashed hard enough wearing one to break the plastic you would understand. Hope you have a good doctor.

brimx153 wrote:
You honestly think that saved your shoulder . From what exactly . ? Scraps ,cuts , bruises ,yea I can agree it helped u . Stopping...
You honestly think that saved your shoulder . From what exactly . ? Scraps ,cuts , bruises ,yea I can agree it helped u . Stopping breaking your shoulder blade . No way in hell . I wear a plastic one , always have . It has loads of great benefit s. But it's useless at stopping alot of injury s
Yes it 1000% saved me. I was ripped off the bike by a vine and without this HRP I probably would have been ripped in half.

holeshot413
Fantasy
1687th
8/26/2022 2:59pm
Now that the neck brace fad is nearly over, when are manufacturers going to make a chest protector with real shoulder protection? And not the so...
Now that the neck brace fad is nearly over, when are manufacturers going to make a chest protector with real shoulder protection? And not the so called shoulder protection they have now that actually sits on top of the arm at the shoulder, but on top of the shoulder where it would actually do some good.
its only your NECK!!
Spooner
8/26/2022 3:02pm
Falcon wrote:
I'll probably still wear an over-jersey protector going forward. I tried an Alpinestars Sequence and could not get used to it. Too scratchy on my skin...
I'll probably still wear an over-jersey protector going forward. I tried an Alpinestars Sequence and could not get used to it. Too scratchy on my skin. I could wear a shirt under it and be OK, but not in the summer.
I wear the super thin tank top astars under garment to keep from chafing. Even in 100* races I feel it flows a ton of air.
brimx153
8/26/2022 3:27pm
lumpy790 wrote:
If you had ever crashed hard enough wearing one to break the plastic you would understand. Hope you have a good doctor. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565677/s1200_308ADA76_333C_4484_8178_A5A7CCF2C986.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/26/565676/s1200_9EEF4AF7_BEC3_48B0_90BF_FA17372E8A18.jpg[/img]
If you had ever crashed hard enough wearing one to break the plastic you would understand. Hope you have a good doctor.

brimx153 wrote:
You honestly think that saved your shoulder . From what exactly . ? Scraps ,cuts , bruises ,yea I can agree it helped u . Stopping...
You honestly think that saved your shoulder . From what exactly . ? Scraps ,cuts , bruises ,yea I can agree it helped u . Stopping breaking your shoulder blade . No way in hell . I wear a plastic one , always have . It has loads of great benefit s. But it's useless at stopping alot of injury s
lumpy790 wrote:
Yes it 1000% saved me. I was ripped off the bike by a vine and without this HRP I probably would have been ripped in half...
Yes it 1000% saved me. I was ripped off the bike by a vine and without this HRP I probably would have been ripped in half.

Glad u are ok .that looks really nasty fall .I agree it helps in alot of way s that's why I wear one too . But when it comes to stopping broken bones and dislocation of your shoulder . I ll have to agree to disagree .
8/26/2022 4:07pm
wrc777 wrote:
Helps with hitting trees though. That is more of a hare scramble problem than an MX problem though.
Depends on the track…
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
8/26/2022 5:13pm
Falcon wrote:
I'll probably still wear an over-jersey protector going forward. I tried an Alpinestars Sequence and could not get used to it. Too scratchy on my skin...
Spooner wrote:
I wear the super thin tank top astars under garment to keep from chafing. Even in 100* races I feel it flows a ton of air.
I have some super thin wicking t-shirts I got at Costco. I think they were about $5 each. Some are polyester and some are polypropylene. The polypropylene are pretty much see through. Both flow plenty of air.
Ake89
8/26/2022 7:25pm

I love the fly chest protector with the leatt brace
Gary Duck
4/10/2024 6:20pm
Clem Doore wrote:

Any updated 2024 suggestions? 

I bought my son a Leatt 4.5 pro that has level 2 chest and back with level 1 shoulder protection. I'm pretty happy overall with it and will probably purchase the equivalent adult version for myself

mx_563
4/10/2024 10:34pm
Clem Doore wrote:

Any updated 2024 suggestions? 

I just picked up the Thor Guardian that LowCash posted a picture of (couple posts up). My biggest gripe is that there isn't enough foam protection from the plastic potential slitting my throat in an awkward crash.

image-20240411073432-2

IMO it needs more foam/padding like this old FOX Roost Guard...

image-20240411073242-1

I might have to fashion something myself. 

4/11/2024 8:13am
lumpy790 wrote:

brimx153 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Yes it 1000% saved me. I was ripped off the bike by a vine and without this HRP I probably would have been ripped in half...

I lost my gear bag on the highway onetime in heavy traffic at 65+ mph.  Everything was totally destroyed except for  2 different color gloves( No Fear brand), and my HRP chest protector  with red chrome shoulders.  There was one connection that broke, but I was able to zip tie it back together.   It happened a longtime ago, but I lost a pair of Alpinestars boots, multiple pairs of goggles, knee pads,2 pants 2 jersey's , 2 custom painted Shoei helmets( one traveled across the 2 lanes on my side, the median and across the other 2 lanes going the other direction before stopping in the woods at the edge of the highway)  , and some socks and spare lenses tear offs. I found and picked up all the pieces of destroyed stuff that I could safely get. 

All destroyed except for the HRP Chest protector and 2 gloves.  Amazing that only a plastic rivet was all that broke. It did have some scratches on it that made it rough looking. I used it in mud races for a while after that. It ended up burning when I had a fire that burnt my garage down. Otherwise I would still have it and the smashed Helmets as wall art.  To crack that plastic , must have been a very hard hit! Not even highway traffic did that much damage to mine! 

4/11/2024 12:06pm
Any adults wear the motocross vests? The ones like bull riders wear?

I tried the RXR vest years ago, it was airbags that you could adjust with a pump. 
I found it hot and bulky. Bull rider vests look like they would be similar. 

I also wore a 661 body armor for a short time, I crash tested it and the foam inside hard plastic did not absorb force as well as the standard over the jersey shoulder pads with hard plastic over mesh net.

Brando.953
Fantasy
3652nd
4/12/2024 12:29pm
Spooner wrote:
Check out the Alpinestars A-6. Has CE level 2 front and back with level one shoulders. You can remove the shoulders easily as well. I've been...
Check out the Alpinestars A-6. Has CE level 2 front and back with level one shoulders. You can remove the shoulders easily as well. I've been running it for a few years now and it flows plenty of air and is very comfortable under my jersey.

https://www.alpinestars.com/products/a-6-chest-protector

do you wear it under jersey with the shoulder straps? and it works okay? 

Spooner
4/12/2024 1:40pm
Spooner wrote:
Check out the Alpinestars A-6. Has CE level 2 front and back with level one shoulders. You can remove the shoulders easily as well. I've been...
Check out the Alpinestars A-6. Has CE level 2 front and back with level one shoulders. You can remove the shoulders easily as well. I've been running it for a few years now and it flows plenty of air and is very comfortable under my jersey.

https://www.alpinestars.com/products/a-6-chest-protector

Brando.953 wrote:

do you wear it under jersey with the shoulder straps? and it works okay? 

Yep it fits great.  There is a photo of me above in the red gear where I'm wearing it under the jersey.  

4/13/2024 9:14am
brimx153 wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:

I lost my gear bag on the highway onetime in heavy traffic at 65+ mph.  Everything was totally destroyed except for  2 different color gloves( No...

I lost my gear bag on the highway onetime in heavy traffic at 65+ mph.  Everything was totally destroyed except for  2 different color gloves( No Fear brand), and my HRP chest protector  with red chrome shoulders.  There was one connection that broke, but I was able to zip tie it back together.   It happened a longtime ago, but I lost a pair of Alpinestars boots, multiple pairs of goggles, knee pads,2 pants 2 jersey's , 2 custom painted Shoei helmets( one traveled across the 2 lanes on my side, the median and across the other 2 lanes going the other direction before stopping in the woods at the edge of the highway)  , and some socks and spare lenses tear offs. I found and picked up all the pieces of destroyed stuff that I could safely get. 

All destroyed except for the HRP Chest protector and 2 gloves.  Amazing that only a plastic rivet was all that broke. It did have some scratches on it that made it rough looking. I used it in mud races for a while after that. It ended up burning when I had a fire that burnt my garage down. Otherwise I would still have it and the smashed Helmets as wall art.  To crack that plastic , must have been a very hard hit! Not even highway traffic did that much damage to mine! 

Did you get another Hrp ?  There still made in many colors , I like the blue stickers. They only hv black plastic shoulders tho. No more red chrome.  The floating shoulder mesh & fit is Great. You don’t even notice you hv it on. 

4/13/2024 9:41am
lumpy790 wrote:

I lost my gear bag on the highway onetime in heavy traffic at 65+ mph.  Everything was totally destroyed except for  2 different color gloves( No...

Did you get another Hrp ?  There still made in many colors , I like the blue stickers. They only hv black plastic shoulders tho. No...

Did you get another Hrp ?  There still made in many colors , I like the blue stickers. They only hv black plastic shoulders tho. No more red chrome.  The floating shoulder mesh & fit is Great. You don’t even notice you hv it on. 

Yup I got another one. That was a long time ago though. But I know they still make them. I think they vacuum form them out of Lexan . So they are super strong. And they are pretty much the same exact things they were back then. I've seen them in the catalog for Automatic Dist. based in Bangor ME. 

After my foot  injury and the many surgeries and years of recover , I have not been riding Dirtbikes. I have an EMTB right now. And I made a deal with myself. If I can get into good shape and not injure myself on the MTB, then I can take another shot at riding some Dirtbikes on a track. 

That Thor  that was posted is also nice and has the net style should cups like HRP . They are not too expensive . They have been popular around here. I make a full coverage graphic kit for them that has been popular. White Thor Guardian Pepoon99 ArmFlori Thor White armFlori THor White RearFlori Thor WhiteWhite and Black  Thor Guardian Pepoon 2  2022White and Black  Thor Guardian Pepoon 2022

captmoto
4/13/2024 10:01am

As someone posted earlier I picked up a BILT chest pro from Cycle Gear for $60. it looks a little dated (so do I at nearly 67) but it fit my XXL body with room to spare. I like the Thor Guardian and will probably pick up one of those too.

4/13/2024 10:03am

has someone try the RXR ones ? im interested in them but wich too choose RXR site is a jungle with protectors. im currently using an A6 with now shoulder pads.

Post a reply to: Chest pro with shoulder protection

The Latest