Check out these sensors Chad is using to test suspension

stillwelding
10/23/2014 2:27pm
hillbilly wrote:
JGR has the real stuff.
Yeah, that expensive equipment sure gave JGR a lot more race wins than Team22 the last few seasons.
Mallet
10/23/2014 3:31pm
Darryl916 wrote:
The riders aren't the ones figuring out the data. They just ride. The engineers are the ones figuring out what direction to go based on the...
The riders aren't the ones figuring out the data. They just ride. The engineers are the ones figuring out what direction to go based on the data for the next setup. The problem with a dirt bike is that so much isn't constant. The rider's choice on body position and HUGE fluctuations in traction/track conditions make the reading of the data very difficult. More so than a car on a consistent paved surface for example.
With no rider feedback the data would mean nothing.
BAMX
10/23/2014 3:42pm
newmann wrote:
Who makes those cabinets in the background? Are they worth a shit? Particle board? Anyone here have any?
The cabinets look like normal wood garage cabinets but the drawer system behind the bike looks to be a Lista.
10/23/2014 4:57pm
was Reed using the ohlins stuff at MEC?
GuyB wrote:
Survey says, you need to check in on Pit Bits more often. ;) It was Showa. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/22/68215/s1200_101814_054vegaspb.jpg[/img]
Survey says, you need to check in on Pit Bits more often. Wink

It was Showa.

Myke wrote:
It's really weird seeing Chad with a beer belly.
He's put on weight before. This was from the end of 2010 when he rode the Australian SX series on a Vodafone sponsored Honda.

The Shop

g0rd057
10/23/2014 7:37pm
Darryl916 wrote:
The riders aren't the ones figuring out the data. They just ride. The engineers are the ones figuring out what direction to go based on the...
The riders aren't the ones figuring out the data. They just ride. The engineers are the ones figuring out what direction to go based on the data for the next setup. The problem with a dirt bike is that so much isn't constant. The rider's choice on body position and HUGE fluctuations in traction/track conditions make the reading of the data very difficult. More so than a car on a consistent paved surface for example.
Mallet wrote:
With no rider feedback the data would mean nothing.
Data Acquisition is needed because most riders are incapable of giving accurate feedback.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
10/23/2014 9:41pm
was Reed using the ohlins stuff at MEC?
GuyB wrote:
Survey says, you need to check in on Pit Bits more often. ;) It was Showa. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/10/22/68215/s1200_101814_054vegaspb.jpg[/img]
Survey says, you need to check in on Pit Bits more often. Wink

It was Showa.

Didn't have any supercross testing time with the Swedish stuff and threw on this years sx stuff is my guess.......I know what your thinking, how did he know?Grinning
JB479
10/24/2014 1:39am
These days every factory rider seems to be testing,testing and testing.
Does Villopoto do much testing? You never seem to hear him complain about bike setup etc, he just rides the thing.
Jimfunn
10/24/2014 2:23am
JB479 wrote:
These days every factory rider seems to be testing,testing and testing. Does Villopoto do much testing? You never seem to hear him complain about bike setup...
Does Villopoto do much testing? You never seem to hear him complain about bike setup etc, he just rides the thing.
I pretty sure every podium interview I've seen with RV he mentions testing during the week and making bike changes throughout the day...
jchek779
10/24/2014 6:50am
Jef Pizza wrote:
Don't think these are potentiometers, but instead LVDT's (lineair velocity distance transmitters). It give's you the distance and velocity and is very accurate and not so...
Don't think these are potentiometers, but instead LVDT's (lineair velocity distance transmitters). It give's you the distance and velocity and is very accurate and not so expansive.
Linear Variable Displacement Transducer. The output voltage signal is calibrated to position of the core, which in this case, moves directly with the lower fork tube. With the position and time signals, some maths (numerical integration) can get you instantaneous velocity and some more maths will give you instantaneous acceleration.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
10/24/2014 8:25am
JB479 wrote:
These days every factory rider seems to be testing,testing and testing. Does Villopoto do much testing? You never seem to hear him complain about bike setup...
I'm certain RV does testing, but I remember reading for instance that he used the same tire at all supercross races and even the outdoors. He only changes a click or two here and there. Maybe he is just better at finding that optimal setting, but I get the sense that he is more able to adapt to the track and sub-optimal bike settings.

This is why I think he will be able to be successful in Europe where I don't think Dungey would succeed as easily.
motofool
Fantasy
2126th
10/24/2014 9:46am
newmann wrote:
Who makes those cabinets in the background? Are they worth a shit? Particle board? Anyone here have any?
Not sure who makes them but in guessing they are made of plywood. Particle board is shitty stuff and a pain to work with. My dad makes custom cabinets and in our shop we have some very similar just not painted, ours are clear coated, they look good.
The Rock
10/24/2014 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2014 1:02pm
motosmith wrote:
They don't wash the bike before they tear it down?
For full service absolutely but for suspension service where the machine will be ridden again shortly it just depends.

Post a reply to: Check out these sensors Chad is using to test suspension

The Latest