Cheating at Loretta’s

JustMX
3/12/2022 4:39am
Was there a 65cc rule change in the early 2000s? A friend of mine lost his team green contract because his bikes (former pros from the...
Was there a 65cc rule change in the early 2000s? A friend of mine lost his team green contract because his bikes (former pros from the year before) were 1 or 2 ccs over. Apparently the bikes were legal before the rule change, but his dad didn’t want to buy new ones and risked running them
So your friend had a team green contract but ran year old bikes, and then lost that contract because he wouldn't run legal cylinders when it was only a 1cc or 2cc difference?

Ok
3/12/2022 4:57am
Was there a 65cc rule change in the early 2000s? A friend of mine lost his team green contract because his bikes (former pros from the...
Was there a 65cc rule change in the early 2000s? A friend of mine lost his team green contract because his bikes (former pros from the year before) were 1 or 2 ccs over. Apparently the bikes were legal before the rule change, but his dad didn’t want to buy new ones and risked running them
JustMX wrote:
So your friend had a team green contract but ran year old bikes, and then lost that contract because he wouldn't run legal cylinders when it...
So your friend had a team green contract but ran year old bikes, and then lost that contract because he wouldn't run legal cylinders when it was only a 1cc or 2cc difference?

Ok
I believe that’s the story. Contract was for the next year, usually was protested by Nelson and savatgy
SEE ARE125
3/12/2022 5:34am
Should there be drug testing?
I think so, I’ve heard rumors of parents giving their kids non-organic apple juice.
RaceFace58
3/12/2022 6:04am
T-Fish wrote:
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say...
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say a thing until years have passed and they’re hammered around a bonfire reminiscing about the good ol’ days, so this’ll probably go nowhere. Are all of the bikes torn down and inspected, or do they have to be protested in order for that to happen? I was browsing through some photos and videos the other day and this one stuck out to me, probably because these bikes are super slow to begin with and, to my knowledge, are all bone stock. This kid looked like he was on a rocket compared to the others.
The thing this pic shows looking even deeper is that there are many levels to the cheating exposed by this one grainy PW50 class start. The leader is one thing but you can see a pack who must have cheated less, then another pack who didn’t cheat as much as them who are still getting off the line followed by the moral kids on stockers who seem to still be on the line eating all the cheaters’ dust. This pic really brings home how rampant the cheating is!

The Shop

flarider
3/12/2022 6:20am
I know of, personally, an OEM sending cases (Boxes) of cylinders and heads to a top riders engine builder for the stock class.

Engine cases are numbered, but cylinders and heads are not. Some dyno time and a good eyeball and you can find the right combo that gives just a little bit more. Not all are exactly the same.

As long as during any tear down there's no dremel marks, you're good.

This was two stroke days, doubt any different today.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/12/2022 9:55am
Who is "your friend" who lost his contract?
slumpstone
3/12/2022 10:31am
I believe that’s the story. Contract was for the next year, usually was protested by Nelson and savatgy
Wrong, we never protest anyone in the 65 class
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
3/12/2022 11:13am
slumpstone wrote:
Yep, I call bullshit on the whole story on losing a "team green contract" because of a 1cc or 2cc in the 65 class.Blush
slumpstone
3/12/2022 11:27am
slumpstone wrote:
At Lorettas anyway. Protested Jeremy McCool at the California state championship one year. He was running a 75cc I believe
3/12/2022 11:29am
slumpstone wrote:
slumpstone wrote:
At Lorettas anyway. Protested Jeremy McCool at the California state championship one year. He was running a 75cc I believe
That’s him.. lol. I thought it was 1 or 2 over. Liebs bikes from the previous year
3/12/2022 11:42am
flarider wrote:
I know of, personally, an OEM sending cases (Boxes) of cylinders and heads to a top riders engine builder for the stock class. Engine cases are...
I know of, personally, an OEM sending cases (Boxes) of cylinders and heads to a top riders engine builder for the stock class.

Engine cases are numbered, but cylinders and heads are not. Some dyno time and a good eyeball and you can find the right combo that gives just a little bit more. Not all are exactly the same.

As long as during any tear down there's no dremel marks, you're good.

This was two stroke days, doubt any different today.
this is what the speci miata guys do in road racing

cable
3/12/2022 11:58am
wasnt it legal to overbore .080" if the bike came with boreable cylinder?
slumpstone
3/12/2022 12:51pm
For a few years you could do 2 mm over bore I believe

Post a reply to: Cheating at Loretta’s

The Latest