Cheating at Loretta’s

racerx317
8/7/2018 8:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 8:09pm
Tiki wrote:
Son, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying hard enough. It's a shit-show of cheaters all trying to out cheat each other. Its sad. I wish...
Son, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying hard enough.

It's a shit-show of cheaters all trying to out cheat each other. Its sad. I wish I had the funds to start a real grass roots TRUE amateur race series. No trainers. No mechanics. No homeschool. Just Parents with Kids out for some family fun and wholesome competition.

?
There are a lot of grass roots kind of series out there that are super fun. We try to support a variety of track promoters throughout the year. This year we’ve hit LL Qualifiers, a grassroots series that re-opened a track that has been closed for about 8 years, a few night “SX” races and a variety of regional series races. These are all super low key and fun.
The more National level events are where everyone gets their panties in a wad all the time. it’s just a different animal all together as we all know. You take it for what it is and do your best to finish well and have good family fun. Too many people get all wadded up thinking their PW rider will be the next Dungey. Lol

Now that I think about it..It doesn’t matter what level or location of racing it is... you will always have 50 parents and C classes all panty wadded up. I recall having to complete a tear down on a JR 50 at a local series race a couple years back. (I’m an AMA ref) That was entertaining! lol. Much respect for the dude putting his money where his mouth was though.
moscrop940
8/7/2018 9:00pm
I’ve posted it before, but I’ll add it here again.

Back in 02/03 ish my brother qualified in the C class....mind you this was at the absolute height of C class sandbagging (LaPaglia on a Suzuki ride, J. Alessi on a Honda ride, plus another 10+ dudes that could win with a solid start)

We drove all the way from CA to TN, and at sign-up my brother got DQ’d.

Come to find out a dad brought 30+ cycle news results showing riders that had race results that were over 2 years old (the rule was/is you couldn’t have raced for more than 2 years)

If memory serves there were 10+ guys that got DQ’d and the gates weren’t even full for the first Moto.

Good times....
lumpy790
8/8/2018 5:44am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 5:44am
Years ago there were so many protests filed that now the top 10 PW50s are all torn down and inspected.
riv187
8/8/2018 6:26am
I heard a old shool method was a large inline A/C filter filled before race with some nitro or other stuff...push to the starting line and wait patiently for the 2 card...the fuel would get the mini racer the holeshot..but be gone during race and safe for tech.

The Shop

riv187
8/8/2018 6:37am
My go kart engine builder was a chemical wiz from super stock days.. He laughed at tests they did in karting,,,and claimed his witches brew of stuff could pass tech. I know his son won everything.
ge217
8/8/2018 10:11am
GE will you be riding zukis for the future ? ANY ftrs on them ?
Haven't signed anything yet, also waiting a big tank for the z model. 90% chance I'm doing the whole season chasing the AA title since it's AMA this year.
MohMoto14
8/8/2018 8:51pm
T-Fish wrote:
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say...
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say a thing until years have passed and they’re hammered around a bonfire reminiscing about the good ol’ days, so this’ll probably go nowhere. Are all of the bikes torn down and inspected, or do they have to be protested in order for that to happen? I was browsing through some photos and videos the other day and this one stuck out to me, probably because these bikes are super slow to begin with and, to my knowledge, are all bone stock. This kid looked like he was on a rocket compared to the others.
JustMX wrote:
If the kid happened to win odds are he went home with a bike in a basket.
LoL I've had a few of those baskets setting on my kitchen table as a child. A lot of ohio boys came carrying them home in the early 90's. Probably have a few still laying around.
MohMoto14
8/8/2018 9:10pm
in 1996 a kid riding 50cc 7-8 on an LEM showed up to the 3rd moto on the next year's LEM and it looked a whole hell of a lot different than the the 1996 model, it was pretty obvious. They sent him packing when they called his number in staging and after we were all lined up, here he came on the old one right before the card went up and they let him race. I couldn't blame him for trying, the LEM really struggled against all those cobras.
bsharkey
8/8/2018 9:43pm
Alot of those stock class bikes sound awefully stockShocked
bsharkey
8/8/2018 9:45pm
Alot of those stock class bikes sound awefully stockShocked
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
8/8/2018 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 10:12pm
T-Fish wrote:
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say...
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say a thing until years have passed and they’re hammered around a bonfire reminiscing about the good ol’ days, so this’ll probably go nowhere. Are all of the bikes torn down and inspected, or do they have to be protested in order for that to happen? I was browsing through some photos and videos the other day and this one stuck out to me, probably because these bikes are super slow to begin with and, to my knowledge, are all bone stock. This kid looked like he was on a rocket compared to the others.
Wait a minute, is the OP Mike Alessi's Manager again..
ga_pike
8/9/2018 8:39am
Interestingly enough, the ones (not many) I know for a fact who have "cheated" in the past didn't even win.

barnett468
8/9/2018 8:55am
This sounds like an excuse to post a holeshot picture. Here I am running away with it on my 250 against a few open bikes. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/06/279208/s1200_Screenshot_20180806_231754.jpg[/img]
This sounds like an excuse to post a holeshot picture. Here I am running away with it on my 250 against a few open bikes.

what year is your bike?

is that at a vintage race?
B DUB 333
8/9/2018 10:40am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2018 10:48am
Give DC an open bar tab and ya can run anything. I'm 46 and ran the 4-6 yo.50cc stock class. 4 and 6 is 46 right? We ran nitro fuel in our p-dubs with nitrous, bored out to 1000cc 4 cylinders. and won everything - no questions asked because they couldn't find Davey. He was at the hooter bar drinking for free on my dime. Our motors dyno'd out at 350hp. We ran those little bitches down brah. Kids were cryin everywhere and we just pointed and laughed. We lapped the field before the gate dropped. Cheating ftw
jeffro503
8/9/2018 10:47am
B DUB 333 wrote:
Give DC an open bar tab and ya can run anything. I'm 46 and ran the 4-6 yo.50cc stock class. 4 and 6 is 46 right...
Give DC an open bar tab and ya can run anything. I'm 46 and ran the 4-6 yo.50cc stock class. 4 and 6 is 46 right? We ran nitro fuel in our p-dubs with nitrous, bored out to 1000cc 4 cylinders. and won everything - no questions asked because they couldn't find Davey. He was at the hooter bar drinking for free on my dime. Our motors dyno'd out at 350hp. We ran those little bitches down brah. Kids were cryin everywhere and we just pointed and laughed. We lapped the field before the gate dropped. Cheating ftw
Sounds legit.....
Kurtis158
8/9/2018 10:56am
MohMoto14 wrote:
in 1996 a kid riding 50cc 7-8 on an LEM showed up to the 3rd moto on the next year's LEM and it looked a whole...
in 1996 a kid riding 50cc 7-8 on an LEM showed up to the 3rd moto on the next year's LEM and it looked a whole hell of a lot different than the the 1996 model, it was pretty obvious. They sent him packing when they called his number in staging and after we were all lined up, here he came on the old one right before the card went up and they let him race. I couldn't blame him for trying, the LEM really struggled against all those cobras.
I rode an LEM at LL's in 97 probably 1 of 3 ppl to do so. I was also most likely the biggest kid in the class. Big kid on a slow bike was not a good combo but still had fun. My dad bought them just because they were a lot more reliable than a Cobra.
MohMoto14
8/9/2018 11:45am
MohMoto14 wrote:
in 1996 a kid riding 50cc 7-8 on an LEM showed up to the 3rd moto on the next year's LEM and it looked a whole...
Kurtis158 wrote:
I rode an LEM at LL's in 97 probably 1 of 3 ppl to do so. I was also most likely the biggest kid in the...
I rode an LEM at LL's in 97 probably 1 of 3 ppl to do so. I was also most likely the biggest kid in the class. Big kid on a slow bike was not a good combo but still had fun. My dad bought them just because they were a lot more reliable than a Cobra.
I was one of three on LEM in 96. Lol I think I was last to the first corner all 3 motos. I loved that bike though.
rryker
8/9/2018 1:54pm
My kid was under the top ten tent this year at LL in a limited class, the AMA official checked everyone's air box and air box boot. I was surprised and thought is was a great idea.
8/9/2018 6:10pm
MohMoto14 wrote:
Kurtis158 wrote:
I rode an LEM at LL's in 97 probably 1 of 3 ppl to do so. I was also most likely the biggest kid in the...
MohMoto14 wrote:
I was one of three on LEM in 96. Lol I think I was last to the first corner all 3 motos. I loved that bike...
I was one of three on LEM in 96. Lol I think I was last to the first corner all 3 motos. I loved that bike though.
Were you at ponca the week before ?
8/9/2018 8:03pm
barnett468 wrote:
what year is your bike?

Yea its a vintage race. They have a pretty good series in Missouri with a decent following. It's a 1983 yz250. My dad sent the suspension off to race tech and it is a really fun bike to ride. The power is so smooth.
barnett468
8/9/2018 8:30pm
barnett468 wrote:
what year is your bike?

Yea its a vintage race. They have a pretty good series in Missouri with a decent following. It's a 1983 yz250. My dad sent the suspension...
Yea its a vintage race. They have a pretty good series in Missouri with a decent following. It's a 1983 yz250. My dad sent the suspension off to race tech and it is a really fun bike to ride. The power is so smooth.
very cool. i just bought a 1980 yz250 and raced it a few weeks ago at perris and i bought a 1978 yz400 last week. bought a 1985 tecate 3 wheeler today.

yup as far as getting a hole shot goes, it is definitely more about the rider than the bike.
8/16/2018 3:48am
barnett468 wrote:
very cool. i just bought a 1980 yz250 and raced it a few weeks ago at perris and i bought a 1978 yz400 last week. bought...
very cool. i just bought a 1980 yz250 and raced it a few weeks ago at perris and i bought a 1978 yz400 last week. bought a 1985 tecate 3 wheeler today.

yup as far as getting a hole shot goes, it is definitely more about the rider than the bike.
Oh cool. Sounds like you are stocking up on some nice bikes. I was at Perris for the Calvmx race. I raced my three wheeler and the modern bike class. We were the hillbillies in overalls
8/16/2018 4:45am
Here in the UK, Billy Mackenzie was on the Team Green youth program when there was a 100cc class. Around 1997 I think. He was of course riding a KX100.

Some years later, Tommy Searle was on the team Green youth program, riding a KX85, because the classes had changed to 85cc. This was around 2003 I think.

Tommy Searle's dad bought that 97 KX100 bike off of Mackenzie's old man. At the time, KX100 Barrells were readily available, but he particularly wanted that bike/motor, I don't know why, or if he ever used it.
8/16/2018 7:24am
best comment i ever heard at a local race race, supermini parent comes up and says, "those guys are cheating...we are cheating and they just pulled us on the straight, so they must be cheating"

Wasn't there a protest a few years ago at lorettas that a father put up the money to have the top 5 bikes tore down prior to moto finish, with his son ending up in that bunch and ended up getting DQ'd himself, or is that just a old wives tale
barnett468
8/16/2018 9:11am
barnett468 wrote:
very cool. i just bought a 1980 yz250 and raced it a few weeks ago at perris and i bought a 1978 yz400 last week. bought...

Oh cool. Sounds like you are stocking up on some nice bikes. I was at Perris for the Calvmx race. I raced my three wheeler and...
Oh cool. Sounds like you are stocking up on some nice bikes. I was at Perris for the Calvmx race. I raced my three wheeler and the modern bike class. We were the hillbillies in overalls
yes, i saw you there and got photos of your guys bikes. i posted in your 3 wheeler thread . you should come out to lake elsinore this saturday. it will be good for 3 wheelers.
barnett468
8/16/2018 9:18am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2018 9:20am
Anyone that gets caught with illegal mods should be banned for an extended period. When I worked at kawi, I know for a fact that there was no cheating in any class but honda got cheating.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
3/11/2022 10:44am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2022 1:35pm
Here's me in 2005 125B holeshotting @ Millville. Alex Martin on the 144 Kawi on the outside swept around me half way to the 2nd turn, (Martin's always started on outside gates during amateurs races at home).

My bike only had a GYT-R Exhaust on it, the engine was bone stock. Everyone always said they thought I had a $5k motor. Sorry boys, just a 2004 YZ250F with a really good 3rd gear ratio. I had a lot of holeshots like this on the 04 YZ250F.

All in all, I'd say its more reaction time related.

flarider
3/11/2022 10:55am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2022 10:55am
moscrop940 wrote:
I’ve posted it before, but I’ll add it here again. Back in 02/03 ish my brother qualified in the C class....mind you this was at the...
I’ve posted it before, but I’ll add it here again.

Back in 02/03 ish my brother qualified in the C class....mind you this was at the absolute height of C class sandbagging (LaPaglia on a Suzuki ride, J. Alessi on a Honda ride, plus another 10+ dudes that could win with a solid start)

We drove all the way from CA to TN, and at sign-up my brother got DQ’d.

Come to find out a dad brought 30+ cycle news results showing riders that had race results that were over 2 years old (the rule was/is you couldn’t have raced for more than 2 years)

If memory serves there were 10+ guys that got DQ’d and the gates weren’t even full for the first Moto.

Good times....
This was why when I was working at Pepsi/Air Dania in Ft Lauderdale, we made a clear decision to NEVER publish any results in cycle news or the very early interweb.

We had guys who raced our local A and B, but raced C for everywhere else and LL's, we all knew it.

South Florida has ALWAYS been slower than northern Florida, so we have always had to set our own classes. This was why a few days ago in another thread, FLmxer mentioned how I told him he had to move up (though it was his usual class elsewhere) and he soon learned why.

motodad312
3/11/2022 1:20pm
T-Fish wrote:
What about the “stock classes”? Or the 125 classes? Does anything get torn down without a protest? Someone on here has to have a story to...
What about the “stock classes”? Or the 125 classes? Does anything get torn down without a protest?

Someone on here has to have a story to tell! lol.
We were there a couple of years back racing one of the limited classes. My son finished outside of the top 10 but no, I did not see any bikes at any point being torn down during the week. They don't have the time or resources to do that. I'd have to review the rules again but it's going to take a pretty serious protest for them to even consider that.
3/11/2022 11:34pm
Was there a 65cc rule change in the early 2000s? A friend of mine lost his team green contract because his bikes (former pros from the year before) were 1 or 2 ccs over. Apparently the bikes were legal before the rule change, but his dad didn’t want to buy new ones and risked running them

Post a reply to: Cheating at Loretta’s

The Latest