Cheating at Loretta’s

T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2022 11:58am
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say a thing until years have passed and they’re hammered around a bonfire reminiscing about the good ol’ days, so this’ll probably go nowhere. Are all of the bikes torn down and inspected, or do they have to be protested in order for that to happen? I was browsing through some photos and videos the other day and this one stuck out to me, probably because these bikes are super slow to begin with and, to my knowledge, are all bone stock. This kid looked like he was on a rocket compared to the others.
|
8/6/2018 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 8:17pm
Totally bro. I'm still reeling over Cairoli clearly cheating the USGP on his souped up 350.

(or perhaps it's just skill)
8/6/2018 8:18pm
I’ve gotta imagine it happens to some extent, probably less with the factory satellite teams. And is there a video to go with that picture bc the kid couldve just wheelied over the gate as it was dropping?
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/6/2018 8:20pm
Totally bro. I'm still reeling over Cairoli clearly cheating the USGP on his souped up 350. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/05/11/53324/s1200_Report_USGP_Cox_2010_004.jpg[/img] (or perhaps it's just skill)
Totally bro. I'm still reeling over Cairoli clearly cheating the USGP on his souped up 350.

(or perhaps it's just skill)
It’s a generic question, retard.
JustMX
8/6/2018 8:26pm
T-Fish wrote:
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say...
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say a thing until years have passed and they’re hammered around a bonfire reminiscing about the good ol’ days, so this’ll probably go nowhere. Are all of the bikes torn down and inspected, or do they have to be protested in order for that to happen? I was browsing through some photos and videos the other day and this one stuck out to me, probably because these bikes are super slow to begin with and, to my knowledge, are all bone stock. This kid looked like he was on a rocket compared to the others.
If the kid happened to win odds are he went home with a bike in a basket.

The Shop

drt410
8/6/2018 8:29pm
Youd have to see the video of that picture to know if it was as bad as it looks. You can see from him down its an angle where each kid down is back more and more. In 1 second if its a video he could go from that to last if hes way on the outside of the first turn. Pictures dont show everything.
8/6/2018 8:38pm
T-Fish wrote:
No, you drew a conclusion based on a goddamn photo you saw on the internet. Top notch sleuthery there, pal. Top notch.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/6/2018 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 8:42pm
drt410 wrote:
Youd have to see the video of that picture to know if it was as bad as it looks. You can see from him down its...
Youd have to see the video of that picture to know if it was as bad as it looks. You can see from him down its an angle where each kid down is back more and more. In 1 second if its a video he could go from that to last if hes way on the outside of the first turn. Pictures dont show everything.
Yep, I know. Him being so close to the camera may exaggerate the amount he was ahead.

Like I said above, it’s just a general question. I don’t know the kid or if he won or what, it just looked like his bike was a rocket and it made me wonder how much cheating goes on at LL, and to what extent.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/6/2018 8:40pm
Looks like there's still grass on the start so judging by that alone I would guess that it's day 1 practice.
kkawboy14
8/6/2018 8:42pm
T-Fish wrote:
No, you drew a conclusion based on a goddamn photo you saw on the internet. Top notch sleuthery there, pal. Top notch.
Aren’t photos admissible in a court of law?
dmoore611
8/6/2018 8:54pm
Glad to see one sentence was edited. WAY over the top. Chill boys, no one’s winning Vital today.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
8/6/2018 9:19pm
I see a bunch of kids too big for pw’s. I also see pw’s that probably have more money into them than my YZ250.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/6/2018 9:35pm
What about the “stock classes”? Or the 125 classes? Does anything get torn down without a protest?

Someone on here has to have a story to tell! lol.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/6/2018 9:39pm
Stock classes no longer exist. They've been replaced with limited classes.
ledger
8/6/2018 9:44pm
Kid probably had a good line out of the gate and his Dunlop tires hooked up. He has his butt where it should be...over the rear fender and getting traction, I give him an A+ for good stance and focus down the start straight.
quiknic
Fantasy
1147th
8/6/2018 10:11pm
T-Fish wrote:
How much does it happen, and how far is a rider or parent willing to go? I’m sure it’s all hush-hush and nobody will ever say...
I would put money on technique, practice and everything going right. I am twice the weight of everyone else in this picture below on a 125 with a simple pipe, silencer and reed block... not some ultra built motor.

Just like the Loretta's pic above I am sure there is a wide variety of talent so I would not jump on the cheating bandwagon without seeing facts. Just my .02

Ranch Life
8/6/2018 10:54pm
quiknic wrote:
I would put money on technique, practice and everything going right. I am twice the weight of everyone else in this picture below on a 125...
I would put money on technique, practice and everything going right. I am twice the weight of everyone else in this picture below on a 125 with a simple pipe, silencer and reed block... not some ultra built motor.

Just like the Loretta's pic above I am sure there is a wide variety of talent so I would not jump on the cheating bandwagon without seeing facts. Just my .02

Fuck ya!
drt410
8/6/2018 11:03pm
Somebodys gotta have a story. I guarantee it does happen, its like anything else. People are always trying to get an edge. Its a risk that people are definitely willing to take at the biggest race. I too wonder how often they check now. I cant remember the last time I heard about a bike being torn down.
jbrown15
8/7/2018 12:26am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 12:26am
How much cheating can really go on at LL? I mean all someone has to do is protest and pay the fee and the person being protested has his bike torn down and checked to see if it's legal.

If someone thinks someone else is cheating all they have to do is put their money where their mouth is and pay the protest fee. Am I missing something or wrong about that?
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/7/2018 12:27am
jbrown15 wrote:
How much cheating can really go on at LL? I mean all someone has to do is protest and pay the fee and the person being...
How much cheating can really go on at LL? I mean all someone has to do is protest and pay the fee and the person being protested has his bike torn down and checked to see if it's legal.

If someone thinks someone else is cheating all they have to do is put their money where their mouth is and pay the protest fee. Am I missing something or wrong about that?
I don’t know. That’s pretty much all I’m asking as well.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/7/2018 12:30am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I didn’t know that they changed those classes.
T-Fish
Fantasy
335th
8/7/2018 12:34am
T-Fish wrote:
quiknic wrote:
I would put money on technique, practice and everything going right. I am twice the weight of everyone else in this picture below on a 125...

Like I said above, I’m not accusing anyone of cheating. The picture made me wonder how much cheating does go on at LL.
jbrown15
8/7/2018 12:38am Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 12:39am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
T-Fish wrote:
I didn’t know that they changed those classes.
My buddy's son raced this year in the 65 7-9yr limited class, he thought kids just show up on stock bikes that have been jetted ready to go until he talked to the guys at Lynk's Racing. So he had to send off his son's motor to get some engine work done so that it was more competitive in the limited class. I don't think anyone runs a completely stock bike in the limited classes, but at the same time you are limited to what you can do to the motors and bikes,

Ironically enough he qualified winning his regional on a completely bone stock bike though.....lol
murph783
8/7/2018 3:31am
Should there be drug testing?
roninho wrote:
On Vital? Yes
If you don’t fail for something, you’ve gotta go do find some drugs and get on our level
kb228
8/7/2018 3:34am
Should there be drug testing?
Absolutely. The doping 6 year olds is getting out of hand!

Post a reply to: Cheating at Loretta’s

The Latest