Cheating?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 2:47 AM

Is this implying that they know riders are cheating using IVs?Photo

|

6/5/2018 2:57 AM

They might be. Theres actual offices that will give you an iv for rehydration and other stuff if you pay for it. To my knowledge its a quick recovery thing.

|

6/5/2018 3:24 AM

What happens if you are injured and on an IV, do they not test when out injured?

Probably a stupid question but have very little knowledge on all this testing stuff.

|

6/5/2018 3:24 AM

What shocked me was the sentence that said that some teams didn't know that IV's were banned. I remember a couple years ago half the GP field was DQed for the second moto due to IV shots after the first moto.

|

6/5/2018 3:40 AM

"One thing that came out of the meeting that seemed to surprise some of the teams was that IVs are also among the list of banned items"

Wait what? That can't possibly be true? How could it be possible that anyone in the paddock would think that IVs between motos would be okay?

|

6/5/2018 5:11 AM

How would you test for it? Would anything in an IV show up in a blood/urine test? Look for puncture marks? What happens in the motorhome stays in the motorhome right?

|

6/5/2018 5:14 AM

NVA57 wrote:

What shocked me was the sentence that said that some teams didn't know that IV's were banned. I remember a couple years ago half the GP field was DQed for the second moto due to IV shots after the first moto.

Really? Tell me more.

|

6/5/2018 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 5:19 AM

Motofinne wrote:

"One thing that came out of the meeting that seemed to surprise some of the teams was that IVs are also among the list of banned items"

Wait what? That can't possibly be true? How could it be possible that anyone in the paddock would think that IVs between motos would be okay?

I assumed it was a rule of the sanctioning body, not USADA? I'm sure they thought the same. Big difference in penalties for getting caught.

|

6/5/2018 5:22 AM

How can they not know after IV's being illegal?

They have been around long enough to know about James, Millville, nurse, will call......

|

6/5/2018 5:24 AM

Is it only between motos? Or mid week as well?

|

6/5/2018 5:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 7:12 AM

Once you get an IV you're done for moto 2.

That happened last year in the Indonesian GP where multiple riders had to get them after the first motos and they weren't allowed to line up for moto 2.

Edit: It might have been Thailand and some other year. I don't remember exactly the location and year.

|

6/5/2018 5:33 AM

Ahhh, the old "Doug Henry" clause...

|

6/5/2018 5:44 AM

Why are IVs illegal anyway?

|

6/5/2018 5:50 AM

laughing laughing laughing
|

6/5/2018 6:04 AM

Wasn't there a big deal about this in the late 90's and it was banned back then?

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

6/5/2018 6:18 AM

I think its a good and fair rule too.

|

6/5/2018 6:24 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

It’s only between Moto’s, you can do it right after moto 2.

Yeah IV recovery is getting popular out in CA. They do hydration and vitamins. Many formulas to speed up recovery. It works...devil
https://www.next-health.com/iv-therapy.html

|

6/5/2018 6:28 AM

I remember a story from a military buddy, claims they would party all weekend and have the medic do an IV before they returned for duty so they weren't dehydrated and hung over.. Dude was a complete bull shiter so take it for what its worth.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

6/5/2018 6:48 AM

NVA57 wrote:

Robgvx wrote:

Really? Tell me more.

I think it was Thailand 2015. There were multiple riders passing out due to heat. They got an IV shot and weren't allowed to race the second moto. Most notable ones were Gajser passing out in the waves right at the finish line and Tixier punching a doctor for not being allowed to race.

|

6/5/2018 7:08 AM

Markee wrote:

Because an iv drip between motos will make you feel as if you hadn’t raced at all. Total recovery. That’s the endgame. Does one really believe that a racer can not slow down one second a lap the second moto , naturally?

|

6/5/2018 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 7:20 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Yeah IV recovery is getting popular out in CA. They do hydration and vitamins. Many formulas to speed up recovery. It works...devil

Joe, it's illegal mid-week as well. Only exclusion is a life threatening condition. Antonovich from Transworld MX confirmed that one after checking into it.

|

6/5/2018 7:21 AM

They should be supplied to the riders

|

6/5/2018 7:36 AM

Markee wrote:

It is a notable advantage for the riders with that kind of resources in the 2nd moto. You have to think of the guys racing out or trucks and box vans a little too.

|

6/5/2018 7:43 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

I remember a story from a military buddy, claims they would party all weekend and have the medic do an IV before they returned for duty so they weren't dehydrated and hung over.. Dude was a complete bull shiter so take it for what its worth.

Nope this happened in the 90s before the IV bags were taken out of medic/ combat lifesaver saver bags until you you went out to the field. You wanted the Pottasiun Calcium ones for hangover.... Lactate Ringer I believe they were called.

They can be lifesavers if dehydrated, but you would be stupid to get one between motos and ride again as you are already in heat exhaustion stage at this point, feel better, and then kill your self. This is why it’s a bad idea to get a IV and and then go out and exert yourself again... bad news for sure!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/5/2018 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 7:55 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Joe, it's illegal mid-week as well. Only exclusion is a life threatening condition. Antonovich from Transworld MX confirmed that one after checking into it.

Turn in your team mates? Isn’t that how Lance got caught?

Maybe Jeff Allessi is more correct than people gave him credit for?

|

6/5/2018 7:59 AM

Getting more common these days. Have a long night in Vegas? Call up the local IV service and they will come right to your room

|

6/5/2018 8:03 AM

Markee wrote:

because IIIs are plenty, bro

|

6/5/2018 8:04 AM

Markee wrote:

peelout wrote:

because IIIs are plenty, bro

You aren’t Roman, so quit acting like u can read their numbers!

|

6/5/2018 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2018 8:08 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

True story wink

|

6/5/2018 8:11 AM

IV’s are banned because they can mask the use of PED’s. They can test the blood for traces of plastic from the IV bags.

|