Chasing dreams

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/4/2020 2:55pm
Phil109 wrote:
Cool story man and it’s awesome you are chasing your dreams. I have nothing but respect for anyone doing what they want in life. That being...
Cool story man and it’s awesome you are chasing your dreams. I have nothing but respect for anyone doing what they want in life. That being said, I talked to a track owner a long time ago. He always had a passion for moto and bought a track and was doing fairly good I’d say. When talking to him I’ll never forget him telling me (not word for word) that sometimes when your passions become your job, they no longer become your passion. Everyone is different and there’s no doubt people make a living off their passion. But sometimes you gotta think about things like this. Anyway best of luck and hope you find whatever it is you are chasing. Cool thread and Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it. Beautiful family also!
Thanks I remember hearing that same thing from a young age. That saying and honestly I took it to heart. Thinking I didn't want my passions to become my job. But now days it seems to me like the happiest people are the ones doing what they love regardless of money. Waking up spending your time and talking to other people that share your interest or maybe something you advocate for or whatever it may be. And to be honest I have always chased the money and I'm still not Rich lol. I have learned a lot though.
I've worked in sales and marketing for 20 years.
I'm back at work at my little car dealership now.
We ain't in California no more lol.
I did sell a car yesterday and today though.
ledger
1/4/2020 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/4/2020 4:26pm
Phil109 wrote:
Cool story man and it’s awesome you are chasing your dreams. I have nothing but respect for anyone doing what they want in life. That being...
Cool story man and it’s awesome you are chasing your dreams. I have nothing but respect for anyone doing what they want in life. That being said, I talked to a track owner a long time ago. He always had a passion for moto and bought a track and was doing fairly good I’d say. When talking to him I’ll never forget him telling me (not word for word) that sometimes when your passions become your job, they no longer become your passion. Everyone is different and there’s no doubt people make a living off their passion. But sometimes you gotta think about things like this. Anyway best of luck and hope you find whatever it is you are chasing. Cool thread and Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it. Beautiful family also!
So true !! I'll keep this short since part is non moto. I grew up bass fishing and love it, but I started fishing tournaments, and the fun was replaced with stress/anxiety and running a few lake's 10-20 miles at 75 mph to find fish. I told my fishing partner...I quit !!, I punch a time clock Monday-Friday. Tarz, I'm happy you gave it a go, and just because you didn't find your dream job doesn't mean it's over. You met some really good people, made a few friends, and got to see some different scenery. Most important...you have a beautiful family and a wife that believes in you and supports your interest. Kick back and enjoy the racing tonight..
mwilcox349
Fantasy
82nd
1/4/2020 4:32pm
Phil109 wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
Thanks I remember hearing that same thing from a young age. That saying and honestly I took it to heart. Thinking I didn't want my passions...
Thanks I remember hearing that same thing from a young age. That saying and honestly I took it to heart. Thinking I didn't want my passions to become my job. But now days it seems to me like the happiest people are the ones doing what they love regardless of money. Waking up spending your time and talking to other people that share your interest or maybe something you advocate for or whatever it may be. And to be honest I have always chased the money and I'm still not Rich lol. I have learned a lot though.
There's also a saying that goes something like 'doing what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.' I see both sides of it though. Like mechanics never want to work on their own stuff.
MotoDogg
1/23/2020 12:36am
It was bittersweet to read, what is the morale of the story?
- Never give up?
- If you can't stop thinking about it, don't stop working for it?
- Sometimes you have to know when to give up, especially if you have kids?
- What even "giving up" means in this case? Has Tarz483 given up on his dream to work in the industry?
- There is no plan B?

I hope Tarz is happy and all respect for him, looks like his family is amazing.

The Shop

dl117
Fantasy
2587th
1/23/2020 5:58am
Tarz483 wrote:
Thanks I remember hearing that same thing from a young age. That saying and honestly I took it to heart. Thinking I didn't want my passions...
well if my daughter or her boy friend needs a car down there I will send her you way, she is in school down there at MSU
1/23/2020 6:23am
crowe176 wrote:
Ugh, send that snow to MI.. Kids and I are going nuts waiting for the fun weather.
aeffertz wrote:
Should be some on the way. We just got nailed in northern Wisco with a ton of fluff.
Up at the border near Lake Superior we have more than enough!

I need to do what this guy is doing!!!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/23/2020 7:09am
Hey Tarz. Bummed I never saw your reply until today. Hopefully that wasn’t it and you try again knowing what you know now. Let me know next time you make it back out here to So Cal and bring some gear if you can!
IWreckALot
1/23/2020 11:07am
So about your idea. Obvious you don't want to give up what it is exactly but is it a product or is it a concept/idea you're wanting to implement somewhere. Any hints on what your idea is without divulging more than you're comfortable with?
1/23/2020 11:15am
IWreckALot wrote:
So about your idea. Obvious you don't want to give up what it is exactly but is it a product or is it a concept/idea you're...
So about your idea. Obvious you don't want to give up what it is exactly but is it a product or is it a concept/idea you're wanting to implement somewhere. Any hints on what your idea is without divulging more than you're comfortable with?
After reading this thread I'm curious as well Tars. Initially it seemed to be a journey to CA to chase a dream job in the industry, but now it seems you wanted to find someone connected who you could discuss a business venture with? What type of business?
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/23/2020 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 2:21pm
IWreckALot wrote:
So about your idea. Obvious you don't want to give up what it is exactly but is it a product or is it a concept/idea you're...
After reading this thread I'm curious as well Tars. Initially it seemed to be a journey to CA to chase a dream job in the industry...
After reading this thread I'm curious as well Tars. Initially it seemed to be a journey to CA to chase a dream job in the industry, but now it seems you wanted to find someone connected who you could discuss a business venture with? What type of business?
It's a little hard to send PM's through here these days.
It seems hit or miss wether people get them.
Is there a way to message you directly?
I haven't given up.
But I do feel like I wasn't clear on what I was looking for because to be honest I wasn't out there just applying for jobs. And I wasn't exactly prepared to take one right on the spot so I guess I was still figuring it out at the time as I was going. (If I was offered a job though I could have made plans to move there)
But what I was looking for is connections and trying to find someone very well connected in the industry to just sit down and have a conversation with. That is something not so easy to do in Minnesota.
And I am still working on something,
Like I said in the original post I kinda had some things happen that just got me thinking really deeply about life.
And happiness etc.
And that led me to thinking that I love Motocoss and although I never persued a career that had anything to do with Motocoss.
( I have worked in Sales and Marketing for 20 years,
I sold bikes for a yr at a Kawi/Suzuki dealership When I was younger Not really counting that.)
But That it is something I'm passionate about and enjoy talking about, would like to be around like minded people etc. and that I would love being involved in some way.
So I started thinking about.
Business ideas related to Motocoss. And I had some ideas that I wanted to chase I guess you could say but that involve having connections.

Also I wasn't able to find someone in Southern California well connected to have a sit down conversation with. I think I eventually would have but in hindsight I should have sent some emails etc ahead of time. But the trip it's self wasn't planned. It was more spur of the moment you could say.

VetMX.com
1/23/2020 2:46pm
I have a prediction. You will do fine because you have the vision. Make it happen!
1/25/2020 12:43am
Post race party’s Or motel is a good fun spot to meet.At party’s I was there just to have fun. Industry folks are fun, wild dudes want other wild dudes to hang with. That,s the way I looked at it, everyone’s laughing having fun. Then they say a couple co.s are looking for reps. In the 90,s Things might have been different, but I loved my job horizontal drilling, variety of task operate equipment, weld, laborer, mechanic, survey, calm a union strike down, meetings with the mob, payments, helicopter arrangements,550 million projects there is many details. Have a work ethic 2nd to none, respect everyone in life equily,treat everyone fairly if your in charge of them, make work fun,have fun at work. I always said yeah I can do that, tv crews on most jobs, drinks in the north tower. Life can get real fast and crazy. Better off living a simplier life. Economy’s not so good now, in 18 went to w.tx. Oil field And made nothing, ended up with a Russian 1099 mafia co. In Chicago, lucky to be alive from those chances. When they tell you your not leaving and they gather and open a trailer door and look at the roof then me. I,m thinking what happened to my life, they find drivers hung inside with there hands tied behind there back in Chicago. I keep taking chances rarely do they work out for long. Chicago has the most railroad hubs in the world, since 18 there is no work. This has never happened.You have to be ready to get another job, a lot of co.s going under. Try Millville In 97 raced ,talked to John about helping out Monday and if I could ride the track. A lot of fun riding and working. Cmj track in hixton wi. Is only 100 mi. From mn. C.craig. Ron lechien practiced and raced there, he could use some marketing work done.
Mossy
1/25/2020 6:22am
Post race party’s Or motel is a good fun spot to meet.At party’s I was there just to have fun. Industry folks are fun, wild dudes...
Post race party’s Or motel is a good fun spot to meet.At party’s I was there just to have fun. Industry folks are fun, wild dudes want other wild dudes to hang with. That,s the way I looked at it, everyone’s laughing having fun. Then they say a couple co.s are looking for reps. In the 90,s Things might have been different, but I loved my job horizontal drilling, variety of task operate equipment, weld, laborer, mechanic, survey, calm a union strike down, meetings with the mob, payments, helicopter arrangements,550 million projects there is many details. Have a work ethic 2nd to none, respect everyone in life equily,treat everyone fairly if your in charge of them, make work fun,have fun at work. I always said yeah I can do that, tv crews on most jobs, drinks in the north tower. Life can get real fast and crazy. Better off living a simplier life. Economy’s not so good now, in 18 went to w.tx. Oil field And made nothing, ended up with a Russian 1099 mafia co. In Chicago, lucky to be alive from those chances. When they tell you your not leaving and they gather and open a trailer door and look at the roof then me. I,m thinking what happened to my life, they find drivers hung inside with there hands tied behind there back in Chicago. I keep taking chances rarely do they work out for long. Chicago has the most railroad hubs in the world, since 18 there is no work. This has never happened.You have to be ready to get another job, a lot of co.s going under. Try Millville In 97 raced ,talked to John about helping out Monday and if I could ride the track. A lot of fun riding and working. Cmj track in hixton wi. Is only 100 mi. From mn. C.craig. Ron lechien practiced and raced there, he could use some marketing work done.
What
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/25/2020 7:14am
Post race party’s Or motel is a good fun spot to meet.At party’s I was there just to have fun. Industry folks are fun, wild dudes...
Paragraphs. Use them.
JustMX
1/25/2020 9:55am
Punter S. Thompson, is that you?
a22
1/25/2020 12:10pm
JustMX wrote:
Punter S. Thompson, is that you?
'Wild dudes hanging with other wild dudes' is a good combination, always works well. Cheerful
aeffertz
1/25/2020 12:59pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Paragraphs. Use them.
I think it’s more than paragraphs he needs to work on... What was that about being kidnapped or something? Railroads? Just one wild dude lookin’ for another wild dude to hang with at a hotel after the race... Grinning
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/25/2020 1:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Paragraphs. Use them.
aeffertz wrote:
I think it’s more than paragraphs he needs to work on... What was that about being kidnapped or something? Railroads? Just one wild dude lookin’ for...
I think it’s more than paragraphs he needs to work on... What was that about being kidnapped or something? Railroads? Just one wild dude lookin’ for another wild dude to hang with at a hotel after the race... Grinning
I don't know. I gave up reading. Lol.
a22
1/25/2020 1:45pm
aeffertz wrote:
I think it’s more than paragraphs he needs to work on... What was that about being kidnapped or something? Railroads? Just one wild dude lookin’ for...
I agree Motels were probably a good place for wild dudes to meet each other and Lechien is definitely in need of marketing work done. John was a probably good dude for letting people ride the track though, if they helped out that is.
Laughing
1/25/2020 2:00pm
Sorry about non paragraphing, probably shouldn’t post when i,ve been up for 23 hours,very sick and beaten. That,s funny stuff aeffertz, motel as in bar,pool,etc. where do you think Leann tweeden stayed for the races, hovering in a space craft above the track. Just stating the economical changes in America, transportation industry is worse now than in 2008. Cal. With it,s illegal to be a independent contractor, ah yeah. Cal. Drivers are told your employment contract is void, unless you leave cal. Slight paragraphing improvement, apple 8 plus sucks, dam thing moves my letters around.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
1/25/2020 3:15pm
Phil109 wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
I have seen your lot when I drive throu Kato. Cool that you own it.

Post a reply to: Chasing dreams

The Latest