Chase please!!

just James
2/11/2018 8:01am
Yeah, great idea. With a chase format, someone like Tomac who just basically gives up on several races early in the season could end up winning the championship.
Can we say "LAME", boys and girls?
DonM
2/11/2018 8:11am
The chase is stupid...created by people that have the attention span of a knat...enjoy the racing as it has been great so far this year....I'm sorry your favorite rider is a head case this year...
mx317
2/11/2018 8:14am
Yeah, it sure has brought NASCAR back to life Whistling
Sideways
2/11/2018 8:36am
F*ck im over SX at this point. Everyone gets injured every season. Tomac, Marvin, Wilson, Roczen. And we are just 6 races in.

Im going to watch every single race of course.. im just pissed right now.
But my feelings right now? Bring on MXGP and Nationals!

The Shop

TeamGreen
2/11/2018 8:41am
Ebs wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/LXFuFWV.gif[/img]
Ebs For The Win!
bultokid
2/11/2018 8:50am
Yeah, lets penalize those that have EARNED it ALL season...but it fits right in with the current mindset....hey lets just do away with mains as well...just draw names out of a hat, throw in a few whips and have a group hug, post it on FB/IG/Twitter/Twatter and call it a day.....why do we seem so hell-bent on changing a great sport just for the sake of change...NEWSFLASH..SX/MX is NEVER going to be a main stream sport as the average schmoe has absolutely no idea and will never know or care just how difficult it really is
WhiteTaco
2/11/2018 9:20am
bultokid wrote:
Yeah, lets penalize those that have EARNED it ALL season...but it fits right in with the current mindset....hey lets just do away with mains as well...just...
Yeah, lets penalize those that have EARNED it ALL season...but it fits right in with the current mindset....hey lets just do away with mains as well...just draw names out of a hat, throw in a few whips and have a group hug, post it on FB/IG/Twitter/Twatter and call it a day.....why do we seem so hell-bent on changing a great sport just for the sake of change...NEWSFLASH..SX/MX is NEVER going to be a main stream sport as the average schmoe has absolutely no idea and will never know or care just how difficult it really is
X2. Plus an added lol.
Ted722
2/11/2018 9:21am
I can hear Carmichael now... "season doesn't start until the playoffs."
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
2/11/2018 9:53am
I was a fan of a chase in the past, but at this moment I would much rather see a full series of the 3-race format. I think even having points awarded each race could be a better idea than punishing a rider who is the most consistent over a series. Just make it harder to be that consistent with more points paying mains.
AUS_Twisted
2/11/2018 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 2:10pm
RC made a tweet "Chase format" and I replied would you have liked that in 2003 VS Reed when he dominated the second part of the...
RC made a tweet "Chase format" and I replied would you have liked that in 2003 VS Reed when he dominated the second part of the season Smile
Whitey wrote:
Ha, i bet all you got was crickets, not a peep in a reply.
RC replied to me and his answer was pretty much what I thought it would be, now Reed is in the discussion also stirring RC up about it haha.
Sprock3t
2/11/2018 3:28pm
To me if someone is hollering “chase format” right now, then there favorite rider must have taken himself out of contention already. Right now you have several people that could win on any given night. The competition hasn’t been this great in a while. Until Anderson proves he can go a full season without shooting him self in the foot I’m not handing him the title just yet.
jbomx363
2/11/2018 3:53pm
Just goes to show.. there are idiots in the industry too.
Katoomey
2/11/2018 6:18pm
your whole entire posts contradicts itself. your a hardcore fan that wants it to stay the same? well, which is it?

how many times did people say this same shit last year at round 6. THEN WHAT HAPPENED? You said yourself last season was awesome. We're you saying it was awesome at rd 6? I doubt it, cause it was exactly like this. Don't you remember the controversial press conference where someone said they should just hand the crown over to Dungey right there? ....and then remember how it came down to Vegas? you should know that, your a core bro, bro, And that was with Dungey being chased down. You think JA is as consistent as Dungey?

for fucks sake. not only that, but what about the other guys that are racing? you only care bout who is winning? no interested in how good the rookies are doing? how about the guys battling it out for second place in the championship? you could care less? Mr. Hardcore supercross only cares about the top 2-3 riders? real hardcore bro...

Flip109
2/11/2018 6:39pm
No champs period. It hurts peoples little feelers if their guy doesn’t get it. Shit is so ridiculous. Watch each round/race for what it is.

We need a real champ at the end of the series. Someone to be respected for his hard work, grit, and determination. Someone worth putting in the record books. Not some handicapped bullshit paper champ, who could string 6 rounds together at the end or whatever the fuck.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
2/11/2018 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 7:42pm
No way on the chase idea. I’d have no problem with allowing riders to drop a worst round, but that's it.

As for just anointing Anderson the champ, I’m not there yet. Anderson has never been the model of consistency throughout a season, and his off days are coming. Yes Eli, and Ken are done, but that was their own doing. It’s been an interesting season, with every contender having an off night besides Anderson. But if he has his off nights this thing could tighten right back up. Forget the chase, and let’s see how this thing shakes out. I think, and hope, it’s gonna be a lot closer than you think.
m121c
2/11/2018 8:15pm
I think critically analyzing and addressing the reasons to the points problem is better than just adjusting the points to adhere to the problem.

It seems to me a large amount of injuries here lately were on the tracks with very high speed... which the track crew is always notorious for taming the tracks down on the west coast to get the guys worked into the series. Well.. these dudes ride 10x more technical tracks for 3 months and then they come race a tamed down supercross where they are intentionally making funky rhythms and obstacles to slow the guys down. It's a recipe for hard crashes. Look at Hoeft this weekend.. there could have been ALOT of different options to slow that inside down, but instead they make it a vertical wall with a practically vertical berm before it where the guys can gain a shit ton of speed through just to get bucked by a moronic take off. Where is Canard with all of this? I thought he was supposed to be helping in these decisions? You can't tell me from a racers perspective that was a good idea.

Seems to be the tight, jumpy, "more air and ground time" tracks usually cater to some good racing and overall less hard crashes, which we tend to see as we go east.

To add to all this, and this isn't series related but more manufacturer related, let's start to push for slower bikes. Restrict the premium class to 350's, those factory 450's are just chugging along through everything. KTM's most sold bike which outsells all other brands combined is the KTM 350... the consumers want them. Not very many people want to ride 450's, and really they aren't needed, atleast not indoors.

IDK I guess I would rather see changes to minimize injuries and keeping the guys racing, vs having it just be the norm and adjusting the racing to accommodate it. I know it's motocross... you can get hurt at 5mph, but that doesn't mean more attention shouldn't be put into WHY the dudes are getting injured.

Post a reply to: Chase please!!

The Latest