Chase format coming 2017!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2016 1:46 PM

Steve Matthes ‏@pulpmx 29m29 minutes ago
You people can hate the chase style all u want but it's coming in 2017 from very important people I talk to. Embrace change, it feels good!
Via Steve Matthes. I say boo. Drop worst finish would be the only thing I would like to see.

|

2/23/2016 1:48 PM

not a huge fan of the chase format, but maybe it will make every race like A1!!!

|

youtube.com/iridea250fyamaha

2/23/2016 1:50 PM

Well, you know the old saying. "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is"

While we're at it, let's go ahead and make the track flat, and a big oval along the perimeter of the staduim. Then add a couple more wheels too.

|

2/23/2016 1:51 PM

what's the chase format? is that the points reset in the middle of the season?

if so:

**** pinch

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

2/23/2016 1:51 PM

Like I need another reason to not like SX.......

|

2/23/2016 1:52 PM

fuk ill stop watching then

|

2/23/2016 1:52 PM

That sucks balls, period. JVT is right in that at best, drop your worst finish. That I could support. This, absolutely not.

Not that anyone gives a flying fuck about what I think anyway.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

2/23/2016 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2016 1:54 PM

So, for those of you constantly complaining about how "boring" it is when the title is virtually decided in March-April...

What's the down-side of having a "reset" with let's say...6 races to go?
Oh, and what if that reset gives everyone in the top ten (or within a certain amount of points from the leader) a chance at the title?

Let the ranting begin!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/23/2016 1:55 PM

It definitely helped viewership for arenacross

|

2/23/2016 1:56 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

So, for those of you constantly complaining about how "boring" it is when the title is virtually decided in March-April...

...more

personally, I'm cool with change. Just not a fan of chase formats. I'd rather see award points for heat race wins, fastest qualifier, laps led, all that kind of stuff. I don't think it would have a huge impact since the best guys are usually always the best guys, but it could be kinda fun to follow.

|

2/23/2016 1:57 PM

Just drop 3-4 SX races so Dungey or whoever the dominant rider of the particular season is (points lead won"t be so big down the stretch) and add those rounds to the real motocross series. Problem solved! wink

|

2/23/2016 2:01 PM

Last 4 races tops ... and make a mid-season east west 250 shootout to keep the west dogs fresh

|

2/23/2016 2:02 PM

Interesting.

450s only or all classes?

|

2/23/2016 2:02 PM

I like it or at the very least, I like the idea of trying it. The only guy to hate it should be the guy with the 25+ point lead going into round 12 or 13. But none of us like that guy anyway since he makes the last month of SX boring.

|

2/23/2016 2:04 PM

I just don't get why any top rider would go balls out in the first 10 races to win ... It's not that it's a safe sport where you can get away with taking risks ... Then have your engine freezed ala Webb and you're done for the title even though you are the best ...

but it does add excitement for the last races (where I usually nod off) ...

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

2/23/2016 2:05 PM

downard254 wrote:

Well, you know the old saying. "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is"

While we're at it, let's go ahead and make the ...more

laughing
|

2/23/2016 2:05 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

...more

hvaughn88 wrote:

personally, I'm cool with change. Just not a fan of chase formats. I'd rather see award points for heat race wins, fastest ...more

Would you settle for fast qualifier?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/23/2016 2:06 PM

Couldn't care less either way.

That being said, if you want to draw people into the sport, keeping things simple might be a start. (This means bringing more money into the industry, all you folks that want motorcycle racing all to yourselves.)

|

2/23/2016 2:08 PM

olds cool wrote:

Just drop 3-4 SX races so Dungey or whoever the dominant rider of the particular season is (points lead won"t be so big down ...more

I pick this one!

|

2/23/2016 2:08 PM

KlootZak wrote:

I just don't get why any top rider would go balls out in the first 10 races to win ... It's not that it's a safe sport where ...more

Don't forget:
- There is still win bonus money on the line.
- Moto is as mental as it comes, letting a guy beat you EVER is not good and these guys know this.
- With the exception of a few guys who have a ton of wins, there are a lot of guys who aren't truly even considering the title but would punt their grandma to row F for a win or even a single podium.
- It encourages guys to come back from injury versus getting healthy for the nationals.

I follow AX pretty closely, and I don't believe I've seen anything except positives from it.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

2/23/2016 2:13 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

...more

hvaughn88 wrote:

personally, I'm cool with change. Just not a fan of chase formats. I'd rather see award points for heat race wins, fastest ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

hmmm, I definitely would. So would it be safe to say you may know something manny?whistling

|

2/23/2016 2:13 PM

KlootZak wrote:

I just don't get why any top rider would go balls out in the first 10 races to win ... It's not that it's a safe sport where ...more

Riesenberg448 wrote:

Don't forget:
- There is still win bonus money on the line.
- Moto is as mental as it comes, letting a guy beat you EVER is ...more

Uh, oh...

Someone's been paying attention and knows the reality of all this.

Nice

|

2/23/2016 2:14 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

It might be more than just fast qualifier. Heat race/Semi win points, and inverted start order for mains. Laps led isn't going to happen.

|

Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2016 2:19 PM

Hate this idea, but I'll reserve final judgement until (if and when) this happens.

I expect to hate it though. SX is not inherently set up for a chase format like NASCAR is

|

My interest in SX really wanes towards the end of the series. This can only help. Keep MX traditional, but trick up SX all you want.

|

2/23/2016 2:15 PM

zehn wrote:

Hate this idea, but I'll reserve final judgement until (if and when) this happens.

I expect to hate it though. SX is not ...more

It's happening.

|

2/23/2016 2:16 PM

Are only the people in "the chase" allowed to race the races that count towards the championship? Only teams in the playoffs get to play post season and I thought the idea behind a chase was to make up for not having a playoff system so that is why I'm asking.

Are the riders in "the chase" seeded into the night show and/or the main event? If they've already qualified for "the chase" why should they have to qualify at each event afterwards?

|

2/23/2016 2:16 PM

Travis Marx from PulpMx noticed that if points were reset after 10 rounds, two championships out of the last 6 would have changed. And yes, thats Brayton

https://twitter.com/imtravismarx?ref_src=twsrc%5EtfwPhoto

|

2/23/2016 2:17 PM

God damn it! angry

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/23/2016 2:19 PM

Let them give it a try. Cant be worse than when they did a 2 moto format in SX.

|

Ed Johnson