Fox helmets happened

|

10/12/2020 3:12 AM

cwel11 wrote:

Fox helmets happened

That is an Alpinestars helmet.

|

10/12/2020 4:02 AM

He just wanted to channel his inner Mike Metzger.

|

10/12/2020 5:56 AM

That alpinestars gear looks like he plays for the Chicago Bulls. Especially with the 23 on the back grin

|

10/12/2020 6:08 AM

mxbrian15 wrote:

That alpinestars gear looks like he plays for the Chicago Bulls. Especially with the 23 on the back grin

You don’t say...

|

10/12/2020 6:24 AM

mxbrian15 wrote:

ti473 wrote:

You don’t say...

First I’ve heard...laughing

|

10/12/2020 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 8:26 AM

mxbrian15 wrote:

ti473 wrote:

You don’t say...

Must have missed that discussion lol. Guess I was late to the party.

|

10/12/2020 8:33 AM

He just watched star wars for the first time....he likes the stormtroopers.

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

10/12/2020 9:21 AM

Imagine having that happen on the regular. So glad I went with a 6D. Visors and the bolts holding them on are already designed to break off in a crash.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

10/12/2020 9:45 AM

Can we have an honest talk about visors? They are no longer functional, so wtf do we still have them???? Just dead weight.... but.... we also need sun/roost protection... open opportunity here.... move the 'visor" to the top of goggles? New version of visor mounted on helmet? We've lost all roost and sun protection, i would like some back...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

10/12/2020 10:27 AM

gt80rider wrote:

Can we have an honest talk about visors? They are no longer functional, so wtf do we still have them???? Just dead weight.... but.... we also need sun/roost protection... open opportunity here.... move the 'visor" to the top of goggles? New version of visor mounted on helmet? We've lost all roost and sun protection, i would like some back...

How are you going to stop the top of your goggles from getting packed with dirt if you don't have a visor on the helmet?

|

10/12/2020 11:04 AM

gt80rider wrote:

You've never slightly tipped your head down while getting roosted and let the visor block the roost so it doesn't hit you in the face/ goggles?

|

10/12/2020 11:10 AM

gt80rider wrote:

JB 19 wrote:

You've never slightly tipped your head down while getting roosted and let the visor block the roost so it doesn't hit you in the face/ goggles?

He’s obviously never lapped anyone, that’s the only time I have to do it. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

10/12/2020 11:34 AM

Preparing for a podium backflip and didn’t want to over rotate?

|

10/12/2020 11:53 AM

gt80rider wrote:

JB 19 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

He’s obviously never lapped anyone, that’s the only time I have to do it. . .

This made me laugh quite a bit...fantastic sir, absolutely fantastic.

|

10/12/2020 12:02 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Photo
|

10/12/2020 12:37 PM

My guess is that he took a national pro rooster tail to the face, and those cheesy magnets let loose.

|

10/12/2020 1:00 PM

mxaaron wrote:

My guess is that he took a national pro rooster tail to the face, and those cheesy magnets let loose.

They are not magnets, they are round clips designed to break free if you go face first into the dirt

|

10/12/2020 1:12 PM

mxaaron wrote:

Brent wrote:

They are not magnets, they are round clips designed to break free if you go face first into the dirt

I think its a great system.. the amount of force required to remove the visor is generally more force than I'd care to absorb with my neck/spine

Photo

|

10/12/2020 2:00 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

I think its a great system.. the amount of force required to remove the visor is generally more force than I'd care to absorb with my neck/spine

Photo

My sm10 did it’s job when I crashed an If the peak didn’t come off like it’s designed to , It would of changed the outcome of my injuries . 10/10 for me

|

10/12/2020 2:46 PM

I wondered what the hell happened to it as well. Not that I expect the broadcasters to catch it or mention it. He also had lost some time when it came up missing. Did he have a big moment of some kind that we never heard about?

|

10/12/2020 3:27 PM

lol it just seems like he fell over and faceplanted causing it to pop off. But idk, visor conspiracies bro.

|

10/12/2020 3:42 PM

gt80rider wrote:

I’m sorry but that’s got to be the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

|

10/12/2020 3:47 PM

I once OJ'ed a double to flat hard enough that the visor on my SM10 got so wedged between the handlebars and front number plate that I was looking around for the visor after I realized I kept it on two wheels; not noticing it was right in front of me, sticking straight up in the air from the bars like some sort of bar mounted roost protector grin w00t Cool story bro, I know...

Seriously though... am I the only one not surprised that this helmet hasn't gained more market share in the US market than it has so far?? I know everyone is biased about how great a product is once they own it themselves, but this helmet absolutely meets the expectations that I had for an Alpinestars product. Then again, I know moto folks especially are creatures of habit... so maybe some folks still clinging to their Bell, Shoei etc?

|

10/12/2020 4:08 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

I once OJ'ed a double to flat hard enough that the visor on my SM10 got so wedged between the handlebars and front number plate that I was looking around for the visor after I realized I kept it on two wheels; not noticing it was right in front of me, sticking straight up in the air from the bars like some sort of bar mounted roost protector grin w00t Cool story bro, I know...

Seriously though... am I the only one not surprised that this helmet hasn't gained more market share in the US market than it has so far?? I know everyone is biased about how great a product is once they own it themselves, but this helmet absolutely meets the expectations that I had for an Alpinestars product. Then again, I know moto folks especially are creatures of habit... so maybe some folks still clinging to their Bell, Shoei etc?

Not to make this into another 6D debate but what about the Alpinestar helmet is proprietary? Every helmet on the market has basically the same design with an EPS layer and MIPS. Whether you think the 6D is better or not it's the only helmet with it's own, fundamentally different design. A breakaway visor is a good and all but it doesn't seem very significant and that's all this helmet really has to offer, no? (I'm only concerned with safety and protection. Comfort, airflow ect. is just nice to have)

|

10/12/2020 4:23 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

I think there are some solid offerings and great competition among top tier helmets now, or we'd see more of them. Between the SM10, Fly Formula, 6D and Moto 9 Flex I could have flipped a coin and been happy with any of them. The Fly fit me slightly better and I chose that, but the SM10 is really nice too. Now that Alpinestars has some additional options and price points I imagine they'll gain popularity, similar to TLD SE4.

|

10/12/2020 5:18 PM

mxaaron wrote:

Brent wrote:

Or face first into a pro national rooster tail.

|

10/12/2020 8:01 PM

gt80rider wrote:

Formally requesting a mock up. Seriously. Come on, it'll be fun

|

10/12/2020 8:16 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Donkey Kong wrote:

Not to make this into another 6D debate but what about the Alpinestar helmet is proprietary? Every helmet on the market has basically the same design with an EPS layer and MIPS. Whether you think the 6D is better or not it's the only helmet with it's own, fundamentally different design. A breakaway visor is a good and all but it doesn't seem very significant and that's all this helmet really has to offer, no? (I'm only concerned with safety and protection. Comfort, airflow ect. is just nice to have)

I hear what you're saying; same general tech, different branding. I can't argue that, but also can't say I know enough about 6D to assume that all pro racers are electing to take a paycheck over their own personal safety. Know what I mean? Maybe that is indeed that case; but like I said, I'm not sure. I do know that 6D sure sounds like a solid product in theory (and testing I'm sure; haven't read them all).

The one thing that I did think was cool about the AStars lid compared to other conventional helmets is that every size has it's own EPS shell. As in, they don't just use different liners to accommodate larger or smaller sized melons... they actually created a size Small, Medium, Large etc size EPS shell; then tacked on their Features and Benefits plus logo on just like the rest of em grin

|