Charlotte, NC Moto Scene - Possible Job Relocation

O&GDriller
Edited Date/Time 7/23/2021 1:40pm
I was hoping for some insight into the moto scene for a vet rider in the Charlotte area. I have a job opportunity to possible move there. I doubt it would be as good as what I currently have as I get to ride at Reynard's here in Oklahoma pretty much whenever I want as I'm friends with Robbie. However, I need to put food on the table. Thanks in advance.
Rick
|
Hi Side
7/16/2021 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2021 3:44pm
A lot of options in that area. You will have a multitude of tracks within a hour drive. I’m in the western part of NC and there are ZERO places in my area. I’m a minimum of a hour and a half one way to a track.
7/16/2021 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2021 3:55pm
Reed's place Moto40 is not too far north of Charlotte in Statesville. ClubMX is also not too far south down in SC. Lots of other tracks around depending on how far you want to drive.

Which side of Charlotte would you be moving to?
DB97
7/16/2021 4:18pm
Silver valley is awesome
4DAIVIPAI2K5
7/16/2021 4:25pm
The Shoals, Apmx, East bend, silver valley, center road, club Mx, moto40, off the top of my head.

The Shop

moto314
7/16/2021 4:34pm
I live 30 minutes north of Charlotte and there are 2 tracks less than 25 minutes from my house, another 4 with in an hour, and a few more less than 2 hours away. I lived in So Cal for 18 years and I feel the riding is better here, but if I was friends with Robbie Reynard I wouldn't move as that is just too awesome!
O&GDriller
7/16/2021 4:58pm
Reed's place Moto40 is not too far north of Charlotte in Statesville. ClubMX is also not too far south down in SC. Lots of other tracks...
Reed's place Moto40 is not too far north of Charlotte in Statesville. ClubMX is also not too far south down in SC. Lots of other tracks around depending on how far you want to drive.

I'm looking for advice on where to live in Charlotte as well. The job is at the Amazon CLT4 Fulfillment Center located at:

8000 Tuckaseegee Rd, Charlotte, NC 28214

I'd be interested in buying a single family hopefully "somewhat close"to the Amazon location in a suburban/rural setting. I'd be interested in 3,000 - 3,500 sq. ft home and max $400,000 cost. I'd rather pay closer to $250,000 but don't know if that's possible in a NICE area
olds cool
7/16/2021 8:03pm
O&G, I have a nephew whose wife manages a realty office in the area. She knows the area and could help you find what you are looking for. I can get her contact info to you if you are interested.
O&GDriller
7/16/2021 9:51pm
olds cool wrote:
O&G, I have a nephew whose wife manages a realty office in the area. She knows the area and could help you find what you are...
O&G, I have a nephew whose wife manages a realty office in the area. She knows the area and could help you find what you are looking for. I can get her contact info to you if you are interested.
Thanks. Let me see how this plays out with Amazon. She would prove very helpful! I'll hit you up with a PM if it firms up. Thx.
Rick
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
7/17/2021 5:35am
We have a lot more tracks on the eastern side of NC but that Charlotte area is growing moto wise. I think with the Reed family near by and the Deegans seeming to be spending a lot more time in NC, that area will only grow moto wise... Someone has CW2's old facility in that area too... I think there are a few new tracks being built on that side of the state too.
user760a
7/17/2021 11:06am
Charlotte is a badly congested, extremely hot place. Consider that.
JBecker 72
7/17/2021 11:58am
My wife and I have been considering moving to NC recently. So this thread is of interest.
7/17/2021 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2021 3:11pm
Reed's place Moto40 is not too far north of Charlotte in Statesville. ClubMX is also not too far south down in SC. Lots of other tracks...

O&GDriller wrote:
I'm looking for advice on where to live in Charlotte as well. The job is at the Amazon CLT4 Fulfillment Center located at: 8000 Tuckaseegee Rd...
I'm looking for advice on where to live in Charlotte as well. The job is at the Amazon CLT4 Fulfillment Center located at:

I'd be interested in buying a single family hopefully "somewhat close"to the Amazon location in a suburban/rural setting. I'd be interested in 3,000 - 3,500 sq. ft home and max $400,000 cost. I'd rather pay closer to $250,000 but don't know if that's possible in a NICE area
I'll tell you one thing, I'm not sure about how other cities in the country are doing, but the housing market here is absolutely exploding right now. I'd say wait to buy if you could, but who knows if/when this will cool down.

Our 1,300 sq. ft. house in southeast Charlotte was $220K when we bought in November 2019, and we're currently getting offers for $280-290K which seems wayyy overvalued for what it is. You may be able to get what you're looking for around $250K but it'll more than likely be a ways outside of the city itself, if you're okay with a bit of a commute.

Home prices aside, if you're looking for "nice" areas, south Charlotte is great, and you can look for a place in Fort Mill or Rock Hill and get the sweet tax benefits of living in SC while still being close to the city. North of Charlotte is nice as well in the Huntersville area. Your warehouse is in west Charlotte which can be a little sketchy, inside of the 485 loop, that is.
Tbteam
7/17/2021 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2021 1:52pm
user760a wrote:
Charlotte is one of the best managed urban areas in the US. Go 25 minutes north and it’s paradise.
user760a
7/17/2021 3:25pm
Paradise? you mean Mooresville? LOL. that is NOT paradise. I go by the lake in the summer and it looks like a mall parking lot , only boats instead of cars. a zilion people, everywhere. Charlotte/mooresville/etc are all on my "no go" list. I avoid urban areas in general but chrarlotte is near the top
mhog
7/17/2021 4:24pm

O&GDriller wrote:
I'm looking for advice on where to live in Charlotte as well. The job is at the Amazon CLT4 Fulfillment Center located at: 8000 Tuckaseegee Rd...

Look into Belmont. It has a cool downtown and is extremely close to that location. You can get there via 74 vs I-85, I-77.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
7/17/2021 4:35pm
Bradshaw is from there. So you have that going for ya.- Carl Spackler
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1679th
7/17/2021 5:58pm
user760a wrote:
Paradise? you mean Mooresville? LOL. that is NOT paradise. I go by the lake in the summer and it looks like a mall parking lot...
Paradise? you mean Mooresville? LOL. that is NOT paradise. I go by the lake in the summer and it looks like a mall parking lot , only boats instead of cars. a zilion people, everywhere. Charlotte/mooresville/etc are all on my "no go" list. I avoid urban areas in general but chrarlotte is near the top
I really like the area, been down a few times for work conferences.
O&GDriller
7/17/2021 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2021 8:37pm
My kids have graduated college so schools don't matter. Except for when I go to sell it and someone with kids wants good schools... Just my wife and I.
Tbteam
7/18/2021 4:34am
user760a wrote:
Paradise? you mean Mooresville? LOL. that is NOT paradise. I go by the lake in the summer and it looks like a mall parking lot...
I mean Cornelius. And yes, the weekends are crowded on the lake with day trippers, but Monday through Thursday are as good as it gets anywhere. Not to mention restaurants, activities, shops, tracks, a 25 minute drive to downtown while feeling like you live hours away. Take a drive through the Peninsula and tell me how much it sucks.
olds cool
7/18/2021 5:12am
user760a wrote:
Tbteam wrote:
I mean Cornelius. And yes, the weekends are crowded on the lake with day trippers, but Monday through Thursday are as good as it gets anywhere...
I mean Cornelius. And yes, the weekends are crowded on the lake with day trippers, but Monday through Thursday are as good as it gets anywhere. Not to mention restaurants, activities, shops, tracks, a 25 minute drive to downtown while feeling like you live hours away. Take a drive through the Peninsula and tell me how much it sucks.
Not to mention all the NASCAR drivers, NFL and NBA players, etc who live in that area. Nice places find money and a lot of it has been found by Davidson and Cornelius. There are a lot of these guys that finished their careers somewhere else and came here to retire.
7/18/2021 5:38am
user760a wrote:
I 2nd that,and crime is worse in the se than Chicago.
O&GDriller
7/18/2021 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2021 9:39pm
user760a wrote:
I appreciate all the input provided and following up on all suggestions in my research. Your comment on congestion is interesting. Are you refering to traffic? Everything I read says traffic is not bad at all compared to most metropolitan areas? Maybe you're referring to population density which I've read is not bad as well considering the size of the area? Maybe I'm reading the wrong research.

As far as hot, are you referring to weather. Compared to where I'm at now in Oklahoma, Charlotte weather is pretty mild. I ride on average 100 hours a year, year round. I only miss a few weeks a year due to weather. If it's above 34 degrees in the winter Reynard's Training Facility is prepped and we ride. We ride most of the summer in 95+ degrees, often over 100 degrees. The Charlotte temperature doesn't have those lows and highs so for me it would be much more conducive to riding year round.

Please correct me or clarify your advice as I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Rick
lumpy790
7/19/2021 4:38pm
The Amazon warehouse is in the SE part of Charlotte. Try looking in SC for a house at a good price.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/19/2021 4:44pm
What would you be doing at Amazon ? I would really look into the company before relocating
O&GDriller
7/23/2021 7:16am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2021 7:21am
lostboy819 wrote:
What would you be doing at Amazon ? I would really look into the company before relocating
I've spent MANY, MANY dozens of hours researching the company and the position. I would be the executive level, Sr. Site Workplace Health & Safety Manager for the fulfillment center. I've been in the oil and gas industry for 35 years and I'm looking for a change in a more stable industry to finish out my career.

They have numerous locations where they're recruiting for this position as they're building 20+ new robotic fulfillment centers.

My other choices would be Augusta, GA, Memphis or Little Rock. They have a good number in BLUE states but I'm not willing to live in a BLUE state for obvious reasons. I'm not certain how long Georgia will remain RED but couldn't imagine living in a state governed by someone like Stacy Abrams.
O&GDriller
7/23/2021 7:25am
lumpy790 wrote:
The Amazon warehouse is in the SE part of Charlotte. Try looking in SC for a house at a good price.
What specific town/city in SC? I'd like to keep my commute to around 20 minutes.
user760a
7/23/2021 7:34am
user760a wrote:
O&GDriller wrote:
I appreciate all the input provided and following up on all suggestions in my research. Your comment on congestion is interesting. Are you refering to traffic...
I appreciate all the input provided and following up on all suggestions in my research. Your comment on congestion is interesting. Are you refering to traffic? Everything I read says traffic is not bad at all compared to most metropolitan areas? Maybe you're referring to population density which I've read is not bad as well considering the size of the area? Maybe I'm reading the wrong research.

As far as hot, are you referring to weather. Compared to where I'm at now in Oklahoma, Charlotte weather is pretty mild. I ride on average 100 hours a year, year round. I only miss a few weeks a year due to weather. If it's above 34 degrees in the winter Reynard's Training Facility is prepped and we ride. We ride most of the summer in 95+ degrees, often over 100 degrees. The Charlotte temperature doesn't have those lows and highs so for me it would be much more conducive to riding year round.

Please correct me or clarify your advice as I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Rick
Badly congested interstates, beltway which everyone uses to get to and from the rat race.

I will give them credit for plugging away at it- Interstate 85 to the north has been widened in a ten-ish year long project and does better. Still a nightmare to get anywhere near maximum volume times of day.

It sounds like you are already used to hot daily temps....how is the humidity in Oklahoma? 90 degrees and 95 percent humidity will pretty well feel like you are shot and soaked in sweat by the time you have your gear on. lol

Not trying to piss in your cornflakes- if you are used to the hustle and bustle, congestion, and traffic nightmare that is any large, rapidly growing city, then this won't faze you a bit- SoCal people dont think much of it. and if you are good with heat and very high humidity you will be OK.

I am NOT a city guy.....I cant stand the lifestyle, so take my comments with that grain of salt...yes, that is where the jobs are, opportunities, etc.

You should probably fly out here and just poke around for a day or two
user760a
7/23/2021 7:35am
lumpy790 wrote:
O&GDriller wrote:
What specific town/city in SC? I'd like to keep my commute to around 20 minutes.
Most people who work in charlotte would be looking at Fort Mill, Indian Land, Rock Hill, etc. take a peek at a map of NC/SC and pick anything over the SC line
O&GDriller
7/23/2021 7:42am
Temp and humidity in Oklahoma are relatively high. We ride in the high 90's to low 100's with average humidity of low 80%. I ride 4 - 30 minute moto's every ride day, year round on a pro level practice track (i.e., Reynard's). Granted, I'm a 61 year old vet riding as a professional practice rider but I do run slightly faster than the average vet in our ride group. I think I could handle the NC heat/humidity.
mhog
7/23/2021 7:49am
lumpy790 wrote:
O&GDriller wrote:
user760a wrote:
Most people who work in charlotte would be looking at Fort Mill, Indian Land, Rock Hill, etc. take a peek at a map of NC/SC and...
Most people who work in charlotte would be looking at Fort Mill, Indian Land, Rock Hill, etc. take a peek at a map of NC/SC and pick anything over the SC line
I 2nd this. I live in this area myself. My recommendations for good places to live close to this without the headaches of traffic would be:

Belmont, NC
Clover, SC
Lake Wylie, SC
“Southeast” part of Gastonia, NC (adjacent to belmont, lake wylie)
Fort Mill, SC
Tega Cay, SC
Rock Hill, SC
Mount Holly, NC

Post a reply to: Charlotte, NC Moto Scene - Possible Job Relocation

The Latest