Charlotte GP

Wifey just surprised me with tickets for our anniversary. Does anyone have any new info on the race? Through searching, it seems the concept/layout/location of the race has changed several times. As of now, it looks like tickets are on one grandstand side. "turn 4" camping says shuttles available. The wife will be going (not her thing). Just trying to get an idea of what might be best as far as camping/hotel, etc. Being my gift, she just cares I have a good time. I'm all about a standard national, just clueless about what to expect..I'm also unable to find any schedule info. Any word on it being a night race? Being inside a dragstrip I thought that could be a possibility.

seems like it will be constantly changing up until raceday, being an inaugural event. Just hoping some top US boys show up.

any input helps...thanks
|
Bhayz105
6/7/2016 8:43am
You are correct they moved the event from the drag strip to the dirt track. Which did make a change to just grand stand seating and suites. You are correct it is a (2) day night race.

Recent News April

Camping Link

6/7/2016 8:47am
They moved it from the drag strip to inside the dirt track; which is beyond mind blowing to me. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it until it actually happens before passing too much judgement; I just can't for the life of me understand how they can have a GP motocross inside a half mile dirt track and have it not feel like a fairgrounds race. Don't get me wrong, it'll be killer to see the GP guys ride in person no matter what..

No shortage of hotels and restaurants near the track in the Concord area. Concord Mills mall is massive, so maybe take the wifey for a stroll through there. They've got a Bass Pro Shop too, if that's your thing
tomm55x
6/7/2016 10:07am
Does anyone know if they are going to have amateur racing at the Charlotte gp?
6/7/2016 10:12am
tomm55x wrote:
Does anyone know if they are going to have amateur racing at the Charlotte gp?
I have no idea about this, but it would be cool to have some support classes out there. Kinda like the EMX 125 / 250 / 300 classes that they race in Europe.

Would be nice to see USMX 125 / 250 / 450 (open) races for non pro youngsters trying to make a name for themselves in front of an worldwide audience / gp teams!

The Shop

hasko158
6/7/2016 10:20am
I live near the track and the dirt track is very old and dated, it will almost certainly have a fairgrounds feel to it. I don't see how the track will be long enough.
hillbilly
6/7/2016 10:25am
Wifey just surprised me with tickets for our anniversary. Does anyone have any new info on the race? Through searching, it seems the concept/layout/location of the...
Wifey just surprised me with tickets for our anniversary. Does anyone have any new info on the race? Through searching, it seems the concept/layout/location of the race has changed several times. As of now, it looks like tickets are on one grandstand side. "turn 4" camping says shuttles available. The wife will be going (not her thing). Just trying to get an idea of what might be best as far as camping/hotel, etc. Being my gift, she just cares I have a good time. I'm all about a standard national, just clueless about what to expect..I'm also unable to find any schedule info. Any word on it being a night race? Being inside a dragstrip I thought that could be a possibility.

seems like it will be constantly changing up until raceday, being an inaugural event. Just hoping some top US boys show up.

any input helps...thanks
The reason it keeps changing is no one is coming, counting you 2 tickets they have sold,well,2.

Park wherever,sit wherever,I'm pulling the motorhome right up to the backstretch.
PastranaWho
6/7/2016 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2016 12:33pm
Im 50/50 on going ,having the race at a dirt track is a major bummer and not worth the 12 hour drive . A buddy suggested on going to glen helen might be the best choice to enjoy the GP race at a real mx track.
500guy
6/7/2016 12:29pm
Seems like they should get that track built and run a few amateur races on it to sort everything out.

Could turn out bad when the Italians start trying to boss the Red Necks around.
hillbilly
6/7/2016 12:48pm
500guy wrote:
Seems like they should get that track built and run a few amateur races on it to sort everything out. Could turn out bad when the...
Seems like they should get that track built and run a few amateur races on it to sort everything out.

Could turn out bad when the Italians start trying to boss the Red Necks around.
Hey,i like ravioli.
hillbilly
6/7/2016 12:50pm
Bhayz105 wrote:
You are correct they moved the event from the drag strip to the dirt track. Which did make a change to just grand stand seating and...
You are correct they moved the event from the drag strip to the dirt track. Which did make a change to just grand stand seating and suites. You are correct it is a (2) day night race.

Recent News April

Camping Link

They should run them all they way round 3&4 just to see who can flat track.
jeffro503
6/7/2016 12:59pm
I'd go for sure if it was any where close to me. Watching professional riders tear it up all day ( or all night )....why wouldn't you go? Sounds like a good time. I'm going to try and make it to GH again this year. Was a great time last year.
Tbteam
6/7/2016 1:58pm
In America, we call those "Supercrosses".

I hope to go, but they scheduled it on my anniversary weekend, so I need to beg.
bobby397
6/7/2016 3:39pm
pro circuit posted they were committed to the charlotte gp
jamma10
6/7/2016 3:42pm
I doubt there will be any emx events at this gp,
Cost factor.
That and the fact the 'E' in EMX stands for European. Wink
hillbilly
6/7/2016 4:40pm
I've raced at many a dirt track with a track built inside ,some were totally epic.

The one at travelers rest SC was so much fun,the first turn put you on the front stretch then you went all the way around the circle track till just off 4 then left into the infield.

Good good times.

Post a reply to: Charlotte GP

The Latest