Charleston SC Tracks

motox75
Hey,
Im debating on relocating to the Charleston South Carolina area and wanted to know about the moto scene there.
Im serious into tracks and the closest decent one i know about is Club mx which is about 2.5 hours away.
Do any locals have any closer tracks that they regularly ride at?
I would defenitly make the trip there often but was hoping for one or two local tracks within an hour....

-Rob
|
lumpy790
7/10/2018 7:19am
I know there is a sand track not far away
JustMX
7/10/2018 7:27am
Midway mx, halfway between charleston and columbia, and gtr in gaston, south of columbia
Nighttrain
7/10/2018 7:42am
We moved here 11yrs ago from Atlanta. There are not as many places to ride as north Georgia but Charleston has been a great place to live and raise a family.

Battery Park Off-road is our main place to ride. The owner is good folk and will go out of his way to help his customers. My son used to race at Pineville MX. Another good dude owns the place.

I sent you a PM with my contact info if you have questions about Charleston.

https://www.facebook.com/batterypark.offroad.3/
https://www.facebook.com/PinevilleMxPark/
7/10/2018 8:33am
The closest actual track I've heard of is Moto-vated in Gaston. But I've also heard it may have closed or be closing.
I actually went out to eat at a pretty popular place on Saturday and was very surprised to see they had Redbud playing on one of the TVs.
Hey, at least you'll be use to the traffic, coming from Socal.

The Shop

BurtbaC
7/10/2018 8:39am
You should probably just stay here, that my $0.02; I may be biased though.
Nighttrain
7/10/2018 8:45am
The closest actual track I've heard of is Moto-vated in Gaston. But I've also heard it may have closed or be closing. I actually went out...
The closest actual track I've heard of is Moto-vated in Gaston. But I've also heard it may have closed or be closing.
I actually went out to eat at a pretty popular place on Saturday and was very surprised to see they had Redbud playing on one of the TVs.
Hey, at least you'll be use to the traffic, coming from Socal.
I was back in Atlanta last week. Charleston still is no where near the daily traffic nightmare that is ATL. Except maybe when a cable snaps on a bridge.....
TJMX947
7/10/2018 9:17am
Charleston is a nice historic area, hot and humid.

Pineville MX and Midway MX are both within 1.5 hours of driving from Charleston and are good options from the videos I've seen.

Motovated in Gaston SC did close, but the new owner re-opened under the name GTR complex. Going to GTR seems like a good option given that its mostly all interstate, its 104 miles away and just under 2 hours per Google Maps, HOWEVER...any NC/SC local who lives along a "beach route" will tell you that navigating through these areas is a circus from May - September.

The former lease holders of Motovated now own two tracks: 2 Motovated (formerly Turkey Creek MX) and Motovated 101 which will both be a haul from Charleston but definitely worth checking out at some point.

MX47
7/11/2018 6:45am
Don't know your other hobbies but if you fish they have a spectacular Redfish fishery (AKA Red Drum, Spottail Bass).
Also Spotted Sea Trout, Flounder, Shark, etc. In the summer they have triple digit Tarpon.

Motocross wise there are some tracks a little farther like WW Ranch in Jax and Aonia in Georgia. Also South of the Border and Club MX aren't too far.
SweetDaddy
7/12/2018 7:15am
lumpy790 wrote:
great seafood in Charleston.
Had King Crab legs at Charleston Crab House on Market St - $$$$
JuniorMotoX
7/12/2018 7:46am
There are a lot of changes coming at GTR that will make it a premier facility in the southeast.

Post a reply to: Charleston SC Tracks

The Latest