Charboneau was leading...

...the second moto of sunday's french Elite championship race in Romagne. Till he got black flagged for racing without gloves.
Blink
Something you don't see everyday...

motoverte.com photo

|
HenryA
4/3/2017 9:39am
Guess you could discuss that blackflag, but why did he even line up w/o gloves? Blink
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/3/2017 9:46am
I saw him riding Supercross at Elsinore a few times without gloves...

The Shop

hvaughn88
4/3/2017 9:46am
Because Lord knows gloves these days are just oozing with protection
4/3/2017 9:49am
Well, had anyone noticed, he shouldn't have been allowed to start the race, since gloves are mandatory in the rulebook.
He said he often rides without gloves because his hands are too small for the S size and to big for kids gloves.
He suffered arm pump in the first moto and decided to race the second one gloveless...
Bad idea!

JBlain619
4/3/2017 10:02am
I don't wear gloves in mud races. I normally tuck a towel in my waistband and if I go down my bare hands get way cleaner wiping them with gloves on.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/3/2017 10:10am
I don't get it, it's pretty common in mountain biking (even downhill) to wear no gloves. Screw that
4/3/2017 12:08pm
...better not have been anyone out there racing with their goggles off not being black flagged.Huh
OldPro277
4/3/2017 12:19pm
He needs to paint his hands to look like gloves for the next round....kinda like those body painted bikinis
Yep
4/3/2017 1:13pm
Rules baby rules
Digger29
4/3/2017 1:19pm
StretchASU wrote:
Carnies....small hands. smells like cabbage.
Nomads you know..... :-)
4/3/2017 1:40pm
OldPro277 wrote:
He needs to paint his hands to look like gloves for the next round....kinda like those body painted bikinis
Remember these 100% gloves? Just the opposite!
Wink

ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/3/2017 1:43pm
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Well, had anyone noticed, he shouldn't have been allowed to start the race, since gloves are mandatory in the rulebook. He said he often rides without...
Well, had anyone noticed, he shouldn't have been allowed to start the race, since gloves are mandatory in the rulebook.
He said he often rides without gloves because his hands are too small for the S size and to big for kids gloves.
He suffered arm pump in the first moto and decided to race the second one gloveless...
Bad idea!

I wear X-Small gloves...it sucks, ha.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
4/3/2017 1:44pm
Imagine they black flag him only to realise he was wearing those Woohoo
DonM
4/3/2017 2:44pm
I give him a pass for not knowing the rules over there.....but his team should know...
4/3/2017 3:29pm
I know rules are rules but why do they care if he doesn't wear gloves? That's like black flagging someone for not wearing a chest protector or neck brace.
4/3/2017 3:48pm
You'd think he'd be able to get custom gloves. I believe j mart has the same problem. His gloves are kids XL with adult medium palms or something of that nature. Interesting.....
Bramlett321
4/3/2017 3:55pm
...better not have been anyone out there racing with their goggles off not being black flagged.Huh
Exactly!! That's pretty crazy to think you get black flagged for no gloves, yet they ride constantly with no goggles when there are no more tear offs!!! I'd think the eyes are a little more important vs having to wear gloves to protect your hands.
4/3/2017 4:01pm
Speaking of hand sizes.

I have average sized hands.

Went to buy some new Fly gloves.

The only size that would fit around the width of my palms were XXL.

There's no f n way my hands are XXL.
MotoX85
4/3/2017 4:32pm
Let me translate, Tristen was beating the French riders and since I have been to France on numerous occasions and know 99% of them hate Americans, they were pissed, so they looked up a rule to black flag him for.

Sound about right!

Of all the riding gear you wear, gloves are the least protection offered and there is a rule about not wearing them but not for taking off your goggles which you could lose an eye. I'm gonna call bullshit right now.
sparker245
4/3/2017 4:40pm
Too bad for him it wasn't a Supercross race....they don't enforce the rules.
Yep
4/3/2017 4:41pm
If the rules had a penalty for tossing goggles, they wouldn't toss goggles. If the rules said no gloves or short sleeves allowed, you would wear gloves and long sleeves. Pretty basic stuff there
4/3/2017 4:58pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Let me translate, Tristen was beating the French riders and since I have been to France on numerous occasions and know 99% of them hate Americans...
Let me translate, Tristen was beating the French riders and since I have been to France on numerous occasions and know 99% of them hate Americans, they were pissed, so they looked up a rule to black flag him for.

Sound about right!

Of all the riding gear you wear, gloves are the least protection offered and there is a rule about not wearing them but not for taking off your goggles which you could lose an eye. I'm gonna call bullshit right now.
This is what I was thinking.. I'm pretty sure in Italy only an Italian can win their national championship. I might be mistaken though. Very odd that they would black flag him for not wearing something that provides no real protection, I would say he was at a disadvantage deciding to ride without gloves because of roost and rocks hitting his bare hands. I realize rules are rules but that's stupid.
4/3/2017 6:38pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Let me translate, Tristen was beating the French riders and since I have been to France on numerous occasions and know 99% of them hate Americans...

Sound about right!

There is a rule that says you have to wear gloves. He had no gloves on. He was DQed. Not sure where the issue is.

Let me ask you a question regarding your law enforcement experience. Do prisoners get to pick and choose what rules they follow based on whether they think they are stupid or not?
4/3/2017 6:45pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
There is a rule that says you have to wear gloves. He had no gloves on. He was DQed. Not sure where the issue is. Let...
There is a rule that says you have to wear gloves. He had no gloves on. He was DQed. Not sure where the issue is.

Let me ask you a question regarding your law enforcement experience. Do prisoners get to pick and choose what rules they follow based on whether they think they are stupid or not?
How sure are we that the rule explicitly requires gloves?
Yep
4/3/2017 7:01pm
SlowOldGuy wrote:
There is a rule that says you have to wear gloves. He had no gloves on. He was DQed. Not sure where the issue is. Let...

TripleFive wrote:
How sure are we that the rule explicitly requires gloves?
And short sleeves Cool
MotoX85
4/3/2017 7:04pm
MotoX85 wrote:

Sound about right!

SlowOldGuy wrote:

No, but that doesn't stop them from complaining about being pulled over for a license plate light being out.

Post a reply to: Charboneau was leading...

The Latest