Chap moto customer service

Edited Date/Time 12/27/2014 8:04am
Ordered a pair of Fox Instinct boots online for $314+ free shipping. They arrived with two buckles broken. I called them and they told me to send the boots back. However, they do not have anymore boots to send BACK to me. The customer service representative was really helpful, but told me his supervisor would not allow him to send me the replacement buckles and the only option I could do was to send the boots back to them. But they could not send me another pair because they are sold out. I paid 314 for the boots. I don't want a refund, I want the boots. But I want the product I bought in good faith from a company without the buckles being broken. Chap moto does state on their website: "Our customer service professionals are committed to your satisfaction and view each time you contact us as a chance to build a relationship." This was exactly true with the customer service representative, who was extremely polite and willing to help. The supervisor shut it down, and would not talk to me. So how does that create a relationship with the customer? I'm glad I'll be taking my money back to motosport and rocky mountain. They also go on to say: "We take great pride in our reputation for quality and excellent value." Apparently in my experience, they do NOT.

I figured Chapmoto would go above and beyond to try and retain customers. However, it looks like I'll keep spending my money at Motosport and Rocky Mountain. I've always had those companies go above and beyond if anything went wrong. Things usually don't go wrong, but when they do--I know I can count on motorsport.com to make it right.

Now I did not flip out, but I did say in a respective manner at the end of the call that I hope whoever listens to these calls from monitoring for Quality Assurance understands that for them not to make this small mishap right directly reflects on Chap moto NOT standing behind the products they sell.

Now do you guys think I should try calling back again, or write them a letter to see if they will resolve this issue? Or should I just call Fox and ask them about the broken buckles and just never give another minute of my time to Chapparal?

|
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
12/26/2014 6:31pm
Craparral has never cared about customer service !

I guess I should say.... IMHO
rippaaa
12/26/2014 6:33pm
You got the boots on a huge discount, buy the buckles man its worth it because you will still have paid less than full price for them
newmann
12/26/2014 6:33pm
They are too big to give a shit. Go to the store and take a number at the parts counter if you want to talk to someone who really doesn't give a shit. My experience a decade ago....
12/26/2014 6:35pm
I stopped even going to their website after the stiffed Shorty....

I would maybe contact FOX send them the receipt and pics of the buckles and they should take care of you.

The Shop

12/26/2014 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2014 6:39pm
@riipaaa That's what I was arguing, I told them I didn't want to send those boots back. I wanted the boots. Supervisor didn't care though. Even the rep (low man on the phone) agreed with me. Supervisor shut it down.....that's a disconnect from the upper management, employees and consumers.

Yeah the only people who never screwed me in my life are the guys at North Ridge Yamaha (my local shop) and Motosport.

Chap would rather me ship the boots back (pay UPS $40) than to send me a $4 buckle in the us mail. Too big to care is right apparently. I bet they do idiotic things like that enough to make an impact on their bottom line at the end of the year.
TeamGreen
12/26/2014 6:36pm
Call Fox & have the product info on the fox boot box available
newmann
12/26/2014 6:36pm
rippaaa wrote:
You got the boots on a huge discount, buy the buckles man its worth it because you will still have paid less than full price for...
You got the boots on a huge discount, buy the buckles man its worth it because you will still have paid less than full price for them
Good price yes, but broken, missing pieces and defective stuff is usually dumped at a much steeper discount AND advertised as such.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/26/2014 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2014 6:40pm
@riipaaa That's what I was arguing, I told them I didn't want to send those boots back. I wanted the boots. Supervisor didn't care though. Even...
@riipaaa That's what I was arguing, I told them I didn't want to send those boots back. I wanted the boots. Supervisor didn't care though. Even the rep (low man on the phone) agreed with me. Supervisor shut it down.....that's a disconnect from the upper management, employees and consumers.

Yeah the only people who never screwed me in my life are the guys at North Ridge Yamaha (my local shop) and Motosport.

Chap would rather me ship the boots back (pay UPS $40) than to send me a $4 buckle in the us mail. Too big to care is right apparently. I bet they do idiotic things like that enough to make an impact on their bottom line at the end of the year.
" North Ridge Yamaha (my local shop)" never shafted you but you shaft them by doing business with a mail order? Blush
Poetic justice at its best.
12/26/2014 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2014 6:45pm
Right I know. But my shop is pretty cool, they look everywhere for parts comparison and they tell me " dude just grab that from there....I can't beat it." Other times they can beat stuff....they're great people. Lucky to have that shop so close to me! www.nrys.com Great Place!
holeshot413
Fantasy
1759th
12/26/2014 6:45pm
RonSkj wrote:
Craparral has never cared about customer service !

I guess I should say.... IMHO
yup, same experience here. I only go there for emergencies
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
12/26/2014 6:45pm
Right I know. But my shop is pretty cool, they look everywhere for parts comparison and they tell me " dude just grab that from there....I...
Right I know. But my shop is pretty cool, they look everywhere for parts comparison and they tell me " dude just grab that from there....I can't beat it." Other times they can beat stuff....they're great people. Lucky to have that shop so close to me! www.nrys.com Great Place!
Thats the best shop to have.Wink
mmitoptech
12/26/2014 6:48pm
@riipaaa That's what I was arguing, I told them I didn't want to send those boots back. I wanted the boots. Supervisor didn't care though. Even...

The reason they won't send you the buckles is because they don't stock them. Call FOX directly, they will handle it.
Premix
12/26/2014 7:11pm

lostboy819 wrote:
" North Ridge Yamaha (my local shop)" never shafted you but you shaft them by doing business with a mail order? :blush: Poetic justice at its...
" North Ridge Yamaha (my local shop)" never shafted you but you shaft them by doing business with a mail order? Blush
Poetic justice at its best.

mxfiend
12/26/2014 11:08pm
dang.. gf got me the same boots about three weeks ago mine are fine havent ridden them yet but cant wait the fitment seems spot on for me call fox theyll take care of you
pete24
12/27/2014 4:53am
now that you saved your self some grief and got away with something, go buy some real boots like SG-10S and stay away from china
walent215
12/27/2014 5:25am
Ordered a pair of Fox Instinct boots online for $314+ free shipping. They arrived with two buckles broken. I called them and they told me to...
Ordered a pair of Fox Instinct boots online for $314+ free shipping. They arrived with two buckles broken. I called them and they told me to send the boots back. However, they do not have anymore boots to send BACK to me. The customer service representative was really helpful, but told me his supervisor would not allow him to send me the replacement buckles and the only option I could do was to send the boots back to them. But they could not send me another pair because they are sold out. I paid 314 for the boots. I don't want a refund, I want the boots. But I want the product I bought in good faith from a company without the buckles being broken. Chap moto does state on their website: "Our customer service professionals are committed to your satisfaction and view each time you contact us as a chance to build a relationship." This was exactly true with the customer service representative, who was extremely polite and willing to help. The supervisor shut it down, and would not talk to me. So how does that create a relationship with the customer? I'm glad I'll be taking my money back to motosport and rocky mountain. They also go on to say: "We take great pride in our reputation for quality and excellent value." Apparently in my experience, they do NOT.

I figured Chapmoto would go above and beyond to try and retain customers. However, it looks like I'll keep spending my money at Motosport and Rocky Mountain. I've always had those companies go above and beyond if anything went wrong. Things usually don't go wrong, but when they do--I know I can count on motorsport.com to make it right.

Now I did not flip out, but I did say in a respective manner at the end of the call that I hope whoever listens to these calls from monitoring for Quality Assurance understands that for them not to make this small mishap right directly reflects on Chap moto NOT standing behind the products they sell.

Now do you guys think I should try calling back again, or write them a letter to see if they will resolve this issue? Or should I just call Fox and ask them about the broken buckles and just never give another minute of my time to Chapparal?

Situation is not cool at all, however, I wouldn't waste another ounce of energy speaking to chap....as others have stated call fox and I bet they send you new buckles in a new York minute!
8tensolutions
12/27/2014 7:55am Edited Date/Time 12/27/2014 7:57am

Sounds like you should do business at your local shop since they never did you wrong? But now the truth comes out......they are only good enough if they match the lowest price you can find online. Do the online guys repair your bike and come through for you on a Friday afternoon when you are trying to ride Saturday morning?
Kawaboy14
12/27/2014 8:04am
rippaaa wrote:
You got the boots on a huge discount, buy the buckles man its worth it because you will still have paid less than full price for...
^^^^^ this is what I would do. They don't have anymore of those boots!

Post a reply to: Chap moto customer service

The Latest