Changing Bar Position

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
Reading some of the stuff in the Arm Pump thread got me wondering...

How many of you guys change bar position depending on track conditions?

For me, if I'm going to a hard packed track I will roll my bars back a little bit from normal. Going to a decent track with good dirt I'll put them in a more neutral position.

Anyone else do this?
|
RONJ OSE
3/26/2019 7:47am
i just keep the bars the same, i do change grips depending on track.

i also keep a set of fat bars around if i need more flex
3/26/2019 7:48am
Find a comfortable bar position and stick with it. Mine are always slightly rolled back about 5 degrees or so from even with the forks.
Gandorlf
3/26/2019 7:53am
I use my odi flights fatbar on the farthest away setting (closest to front) but tilted backwards. Theyve got quite a modest bend and they're rubber mounted along with full waffle grips. I also use those composite arc levers as they're very flexible too.

I used to run a twinwall closest to the seat pointed up but I couldn't even do 2 laps without my hands going numb and arms in agony. Some people are just really sensitive to vibrations myself being one of them sadly.
Stuntman949
3/26/2019 8:06am
I find my setting and leave it the hell alone. The dirt likes to change my bar position though

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/26/2019 8:12am
RONJ OSE wrote:
i just keep the bars the same, i do change grips depending on track. i also keep a set of fat bars around if i need...

That's pretty interesting. Never heard of anyone doing that before.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/26/2019 8:13am
I find my setting and leave it the hell alone. The dirt likes to change my bar position though
LaughingLaughing
Wade221
3/26/2019 8:34am
Always been a Twinwall 998, cut crossbar and sleeved, in-line with forks, regardless of bike (longtime Yamaha guy, made the switch to green bikes in ‘16). Being tall (6’2) someone on here awhile back recommended actually rolling them back for taller people and I thought why not, so I did +1, and I’m a believer! Cornering improved and I actually get more forward, which I thought would have opposite reaction. Not sure if this fits the intent of the thread, though ??‍♂️ But I do change grips a lot. Always looking for a better “feel”
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/26/2019 8:43am
Wade221 wrote:
Always been a Twinwall 998, cut crossbar and sleeved, in-line with forks, regardless of bike (longtime Yamaha guy, made the switch to green bikes in ‘16)...
Always been a Twinwall 998, cut crossbar and sleeved, in-line with forks, regardless of bike (longtime Yamaha guy, made the switch to green bikes in ‘16). Being tall (6’2) someone on here awhile back recommended actually rolling them back for taller people and I thought why not, so I did +1, and I’m a believer! Cornering improved and I actually get more forward, which I thought would have opposite reaction. Not sure if this fits the intent of the thread, though ??‍♂️ But I do change grips a lot. Always looking for a better “feel”
I might have been one of the guys that recommended that. I'm about the same height as you.

One thing my dad always told me when going to a hard packed track was, "you're not pulling on the bars like you would be if you were riding sand or softer rough tracks so roll your bars back a little bit from normal." That has stuck with me for years now and I always remember that when going to certain tracks. It's always made a difference for me.
aees
3/26/2019 9:13am
If I place the bars slight fwd from neutral position, I get arm pump right away. Same if I go to smaller diameter grips. So no change.
dirtmike86
3/26/2019 9:20am
I run the straightest, flattest bar I can find and line them up with the forks. The more sweep the bars have the faster I get arm pump. Cant stand grips with a bunch of cusion ether.
RONJ OSE
3/26/2019 9:52am
RONJ OSE wrote:
i just keep the bars the same, i do change grips depending on track. i also keep a set of fat bars around if i need...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
That's pretty interesting. Never heard of anyone doing that before.
i will run thin grips on a loose track where i tend to get the death grip, then on na more hard pack i will run a hard thick grip

Post a reply to: Changing Bar Position

The Latest