Chances the Hoff is World Champ next season

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2019 11:48 AM

Injury derailed him this season but he found his form again . If he stays healthy could it be ? Herlings will be the favorite of course but I hope he challenges for it.

|

10/4/2019 11:51 AM

I’m putting the chances at less than zero, and I’m a fan of his.

|

10/4/2019 11:55 AM

I think he's really good, but he did start winning after Gajser already clinched the title. Cairoli was out. Herlings was coming off injury. This usually happens every year with a rider.

|

10/4/2019 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 12:03 PM

Highly doubt, but I surely hope we are in for a surprise!

|

10/4/2019 12:03 PM

Very low. No disrespect to his riding of late, but he definitely profits when the field has been thinned by injury.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/4/2019 12:08 PM

Be good to see him come into the season healthy, his momentum was killed after that crash in Lommel.

The field is absolutely stacked though, if they all turn up healthy we are in for an absolute treat I think.

|

I no longer regret my username.

10/4/2019 12:10 PM

10% chance.

Herlings above everyone else. Then you get into the 2nd tier with Caroli, Gajser, Hoff, and Febvre

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Giant Stance 2.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

10/4/2019 12:17 PM

It's 50%. Either he'll be, or he won't!

|

10/4/2019 12:29 PM

c0ncEpT wrote:

10% chance.

Herlings above everyone else. Then you get into the 2nd tier with Caroli, Gajser, Hoff, and Febvre

Add prado.

|

10/4/2019 12:37 PM

Certainly better than “less than zero”. Regardless, I blame the Dutch for my renewed interest in MXGP. Would like to see Coldenhoff make a cameo at Southwick. Good for the sport.

|

10/4/2019 12:42 PM

c0ncEpT wrote:

10% chance.

mxb2 wrote:

Add prado.

Rookie season , and not sure of his chances , but that's who I'll be rooting for! I know one thing , my money would be on him for " most laps led ".

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/4/2019 12:45 PM

c0ncEpT wrote:

10% chance.

I would say 1st tier with Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser
2nd tier of Febvre & Desalle and every race one from the group of Paulin/Tonus/Seewer
And i expect Prado to be at least in tier 1.5

I would put Coldenhoff in the 2nd tier. He could be out of the top 5 in most races.

|

10/4/2019 12:59 PM

Favorite- Herlings

Actual Title Contenders- Gajser, Cairoli

Possible wins and top 5 at the end of the season, but will be at least 150+ points back at the end- Febvre, Prado, Seewer

If all the stars align (certain tracks, bad luck to others above, injuries etc.) COULD win a race but more realistically a podium would be a great day but will be placed well in the points at the end- Desalle, Tonus, Paulin, Coldenhoff

That's a STACKED top 10 right there, and I haven't even named Jonass, Jasikonis, Anstie, Lieber, Van Horebeek, etc. PLUS all the MX2 guys moving up. 2020 is going to be awesome! I'm definitely more excited for the MXGP 450 class than our own.

|

10/4/2019 1:19 PM

I get that he hasn't been a consistent frontrunner in mxgp during his career but confidence is a powerful thing in this sport. It would have been interesting to see what he would have done if he was healthy at the beginning of this season and I don't remember him having a run like he had at the end of this season even in an injury depleted season.

|

10/4/2019 3:10 PM

What’s the long term weather forecast

|

10/4/2019 3:23 PM

I don’t see it. Great rider and in great form at the minute, but I don’t see him as a title contender. Gajser, Herlings, Cairoli, Prado and probably Febvre all have to be in front of him in terms of actually winning the title, and if all those guys have an injury free season I back them to beat Coldenhoff in the points. I mean no disrespect to Coldenhoff, he’s a great rider and I like him a lot, I see him as a potential race winner and podium guy, but winning a championship against that competition is about as hard as it gets

|

10/4/2019 3:39 PM

No chance.. unless it’s 17 rounds of a wet sand track

|

10/4/2019 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 3:56 PM

Herlings will go out injured , Probably from a moped on vacation, Cairoli will finally start showing his age, and being a father will slow him down about one second a lap. Gajser regains his old form and crashes himself out of contention, Febvre Never gets up to speed on the Kawasaki. Hoff wins, last man standing. See it’s simple. Don’t stamp it.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

10/4/2019 4:03 PM

motonation24 wrote:

No chance.. unless it’s 17 rounds of a wet sand track

As wet and sandy as Imola?

|

10/4/2019 4:09 PM

c0ncEpT wrote:

10% chance.

roninho wrote:

I would say 1st tier with Herlings, Cairoli, Gajser
2nd tier of Febvre & Desalle and every race one from the group of Paulin/Tonus/Seewer
And i expect Prado to be at least in tier 1.5

I would put Coldenhoff in the 2nd tier. He could be out of the top 5 in most races.

Agree with this.

Hoping to see a Swiss GP win next season. It's gonna be a lot harder than this season though, that's for sure.

Poor rookies like Jacobi. That class is becoming more and more stacked and none of the top guys of the last years is going away

|

10/4/2019 4:22 PM

It’s a one off race, obviously the Hoff handles pressure better than Herlings but when he has 18-20 races he will be toast vs Herlings. Wired shit happens in one off races like the MxDN always has. Anstie crashes picks his bike up and beats Herlings. The Hoff has Herlings on his ass for an entire Moto last year and beats him. In a normal GP, that does not happen, No way. Every big star you can think of In the history of this event has been beaten by someone who was 100 plus points behind them in a normal championship title fight. If Everyone comes in guns blazing next year, which will not happen. The GPs have surpassed SX in injuring the top guys than he is a Top 5 guy with the potential to win a race. But to beat these guys healthy week in and week out. I don’t think so. He has an amazing attitude and is very humble though and it would be great to see someone like him on top.

|

10/4/2019 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/4/2019 5:11 PM

I hate to see it, but I can’t see herlings finishing the upcoming season. I’ll go against the grain and say if the hoff comes in healthy he’ll finish top 3 in the championship easily. Winning it is a long shot, but very possible.

|

10/4/2019 5:38 PM

Park Boys wrote:

It’s a one off race, obviously the Hoff handles pressure better than Herlings but when he has 18-20 races he will be toast vs Herlings. Wired shit happens in one off races like the MxDN always has. Anstie crashes picks his bike up and beats Herlings. The Hoff has Herlings on his ass for an entire Moto last year and beats him. In a normal GP, that does not happen, No way. Every big star you can think of In the history of this event has been beaten by someone who was 100 plus points behind them in a normal championship title fight. If Everyone comes in guns blazing next year, which will not happen. The GPs have surpassed SX in injuring the top guys than he is a Top 5 guy with the potential to win a race. But to beat these guys healthy week in and week out. I don’t think so. He has an amazing attitude and is very humble though and it would be great to see someone like him on top.

Well they gotta stay healthy first. I lost count of how many times Herlings has crashed after returning from injury. Gajser has probably used up 7 of his 9 lives already as well.

|

10/4/2019 6:05 PM

I say he has as good of a chance as anyone. Going to be a great year for mxgp!

|

10/4/2019 6:19 PM

Park Boys wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

Well they gotta stay healthy first. I lost count of how many times Herlings has crashed after returning from injury. Gajser has probably used up 7 of his 9 lives already as well.

Come on now, don’t Jinx Tim!

|

10/4/2019 6:44 PM

Tiger...stripes...

|

10/4/2019 7:46 PM

Lotta talent on the gate next season, that means no

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

10/4/2019 7:55 PM

I’d say 1 in 6.

|

10/5/2019 7:24 AM

T-Fish wrote:

You would have said the same for Febvre too.. i just hope everyone comes in healthy, he was certainly in form at the end of 2018, be nice to see what he can do in 2020.

With Herlings, Cairoli, Prado, Jonass,Febvre and Gajser as former champs , and then Seewer, Coldenhoff Paulin , Anstie Desalle and Tonus ,plus a few others , its a deep field

|

10/10/2019 10:03 AM

T-Fish wrote:

philG wrote:

You would have said the same for Febvre too.. i just hope everyone comes in healthy, he was certainly in form at the end of 2018, be nice to see what he can do in 2020.

With Herlings, Cairoli, Prado, Jonass,Febvre and Gajser as former champs , and then Seewer, Coldenhoff Paulin , Anstie Desalle and Tonus ,plus a few others , its a deep field

I know this phrase is used to often, but I really do think this is the deepest MXGP field of all time.

|