Chances of going pro

zb423
7/16/2015 10:51pm
RJHampshire was dedicated to baseball and i'm not sure when he made a name for himself, but I never heard of him until he got in the B class, you always have a chance if you work hard enough.
Grizz
7/16/2015 11:20pm
logan_140 wrote:
Gonna take a lot of money.. That money could be for college which would be a smarter route..
VET176 wrote:
Very, very good advice logan.
mxj621 wrote:
First I want to apologize in advance for the long post and the rant, with that being said I am also not being disrespectful but just...
First I want to apologize in advance for the long post and the rant, with that being said I am also not being disrespectful but just giving my 2 cents. My old man was very hard on me growing up about school and this and that. But here is the thing. Whether you are 18 years old or 50 years old you can ALWAYS go to college your not always single, without kids, without a mortgage and young. I hate people always throwing school at people. My father makes 6 figures a year and he's miserable. Money and school do not make your life great. What is wrong with a 18-24 year old kid getting a part time job or full time racing the pro ams possibly obtaining their goal of receiving a pro card, as long as they know they are not going to get rich, ride a year trying to qualify for nationals then go to college. Thats what is wrong today in the world the older generation just wants everyone to go to school and think thats what is going to make their life. I am 25 washed up rider with over 25 broken bones 14 surgeries and I graduate to be a Network Engineer in 5 months. I would not trade anything in the world for those years from 18-23 chasing that pro dream, unfortunately for me it was injury after injury after injury, but those times being broke living on ramon noodles just to go to the track with all my friends are and were the best times of my life. Now I am about to graduate grow up and have a normal life. Guess what when I am 50 I don't have to look back at my life and say DAMN I wish I would of tried while I was young cause I did try and now I can look back and say that was a blast and share those memories with my kids when I have kids.

Again I am not being disrespectful school is the way to make a good living 75-80% of the time, but there is no reason to not have fun while your young and can do it. Life is not measured by how long you live its measured by how you lived in the years you lived. I would rather say I had a fun happy life doing the things I wanted to do for myself without being rich, than hanging up my riding boots at 18 jumping into college than buying a house and basically saying well thats that now I get to live the normal 9-5 job WHOO freaking WHOOO.

Carry on..
Fuck. Yes.
Flatliner
7/17/2015 12:03am
Local pro? Sure. Any higher than that and you generally are a standout at a young age.

I work with some guys who had a sniff at pro hockey, and played college hockey on full scolarship. The gap that they had from that, to earning a living at it was massive,
Flatliner
7/17/2015 12:07am
tprice07 wrote:
When did McGrath start racing dirt bikes? I thought he actually started later like 13. He did do BMX before that so I guess that helps.
Plus the fact that he was a once in a generation talent.

The Shop

shanes
7/17/2015 12:51am
best of luck trying to achieve your dreams , train as hard as you can ride as much as you can and work as much as you can to pay for it , do not sit and wait for someone to pay for you to ride as it won't happen , if you do get some help its a bonus .
most of all enjoy riding that is what it is all about
DJL219
Fantasy
3226th
7/17/2015 6:02am
Mcgrath didnt even step foot on a bike until his early teens and i have the same motivation as you im turning 16 in feb. thinking about training for next years lorettas. But my race results havent come thru either.

Post a reply to: Chances of going pro

The Latest