Chances an Amateur Rider Wins A Pro National

TDeath21
8/7/2019 10:34pm
How did RC get on in his first National after Loretta Lynn's? I seem to remember Wyndham had a good first one riding the (number 514??)...
How did RC get on in his first National after Loretta Lynn's?

I seem to remember Wyndham had a good first one riding the (number 514??) KX125.
RC finished 8th at Steel City '96 if I remember correctly. He won his next National at Gatorback in '97, though. Glad I was there to...
RC finished 8th at Steel City '96 if I remember correctly. He won his next National at Gatorback in '97, though. Glad I was there to see it.
mxb2 wrote:
I was there to see rc rookie first race, and his official last race. Mxon.. and many in between. Long live the goat.
He truly is one of those very few athletes in very few sports where you can say definitively who the GOAT is. Hockey has Gretzky. Tennis has Federer. Cricket has that one guy I forget his name. That’s about it off the top of my head. So many sports out there and nearly all of them have a debate for GOAT. We don’t.
8/8/2019 3:18am
ElliotB16 wrote:
Pierce Brown finished 10th in 2nd Moto at WW. This class was stacked but don’t see any of them winning a moto this year.
He qtarted outside of top 30 in this race though...
tcallahan707
8/8/2019 3:29am
Tomac won his first ever pro race only person to do it I believe But I echo what everyone else says, different level altogether. Hunter and...
Tomac won his first ever pro race only person to do it I believe

But I echo what everyone else says, different level altogether. Hunter and Covington were pegged to destroy the US competition, those people are quiet now it seems
Hoks wrote:
Winning an overall would make them ineligible to be an amateur, they would score over 40 points.
Not necessarily. In fact, the only way I see any of the kids winning the overall is if the overall points total is below 40. A fluky 7-2 or something nutty could get it done, but I just don't them sniffing 40 points.
8/8/2019 11:01am
JB479 wrote:
Alot of people wont know this but Jett Lawrence will only be on his amsoil bike not a factory geico bike. Those amsoil bikes are really...
Alot of people wont know this but Jett Lawrence will
only be on his amsoil bike not a factory geico bike. Those amsoil bikes are really close to stock. They run production suspension, stock clamps etc. If jett could get a top 10 on that bike thats huge. Shimoda will be fully factory so i think he will do better
If you think his Amsoil amateur bike is close to stock, you are high. Please wrap up and send me some of the stuff you were smoking!

The Shop

JB479
8/8/2019 11:46am
JB479 wrote:
Alot of people wont know this but Jett Lawrence will only be on his amsoil bike not a factory geico bike. Those amsoil bikes are really...
only be on his amsoil bike not a factory geico bike. Those amsoil bikes are really close to stock. They run production suspension, stock clamps etc. If jett could get a top 10 on that bike thats huge. Shimoda will be fully factory so i think he will do better
SlowOldGuy wrote:
If you think his Amsoil amateur bike is close to stock, you are high. Please wrap up and send me some of the stuff you were...
If you think his Amsoil amateur bike is close to stock, you are high. Please wrap up and send me some of the stuff you were smoking!
https://www.google.com.au/amp/blog.wiseco.com/jett-lawrences-amsoil-hon… To me thats definitely not a factory bike, most people could build fhat bike
scrallex
8/8/2019 1:27pm
I agree with most of you about it being unlikely. I just thought it would be very interesting to see an amateur rider use the new...
I agree with most of you about it being unlikely. I just thought it would be very interesting to see an amateur rider use the new rule to do a pro race, win the pro race, and then drop back down to amateur races next year
If an amateur rider exercised that rule and won a moto he would definitely not be dropping back down to ams again.
VetMX.com
8/8/2019 3:09pm
In a mudder, anything can happen.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/8/2019 3:16pm
RC finished 8th at Steel City '96 if I remember correctly. He won his next National at Gatorback in '97, though. Glad I was there to...
RC finished 8th at Steel City '96 if I remember correctly. He won his next National at Gatorback in '97, though. Glad I was there to see it.
mxb2 wrote:
I was there to see rc rookie first race, and his official last race. Mxon.. and many in between. Long live the goat.
TDeath21 wrote:
He truly is one of those very few athletes in very few sports where you can say definitively who the GOAT is. Hockey has Gretzky. Tennis...
He truly is one of those very few athletes in very few sports where you can say definitively who the GOAT is. Hockey has Gretzky. Tennis has Federer. Cricket has that one guy I forget his name. That’s about it off the top of my head. So many sports out there and nearly all of them have a debate for GOAT. We don’t.
So awesome about Ricky's first race! Somebody must have said to him, "Take a top 10, get the feel for the racing, and then see how you can do."
RC believed him and did that. Then, the very next race, it was like, "OK, here's what I can do..."
resetjet
8/8/2019 3:47pm
Why not 450 class. If we are gonna go there its almost as likely. Maybe there is some unknown dream boy out there????
TSCHAM101
8/8/2019 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2019 4:19pm
JB479 wrote:
SlowOldGuy wrote:
If you think his Amsoil amateur bike is close to stock, you are high. Please wrap up and send me some of the stuff you were...
JB479 wrote:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/blog.wiseco.com/jett-lawrences-amsoil-hon… To me thats definitely not a factory bike, most people could build fhat bike
anybody can build that bike... but do you have$ 7k to build the motor and then $500(on parts, not including labor) every 2 weeks to rebuild the motor... and then about $1k every 45 days? (to rebuild the heads) not including anything that breaks(wheels,plastics, levers, tires etc)

I know i cant afford that..

Zane Merrett consistent guy in the top 25.. he has only had the funds to do 1 top end this year... The honda amateurs have more power than Zane, thats why they rebuild them every 10-20 hours or 2 races.. Factory boys get new motors every weekend..
PJRAUS
8/8/2019 4:47pm
Its certainly going to be interesting....I reckon Jett Lawrence has little brother syndrome in a big way..totally motivated to exceed anything his brother has ever done...he's probably bugging the shit out of the Geiko team wanting to use Hunters bike cause he's not gonna be using it...
He also seems completely underwhelmed by the amateur scene and racing on "mini bike tracks""
If they loaned him Hunters bike this weekend and he got a holeshot? Sure would be interesting to watch!
8/8/2019 6:22pm
JB479 wrote:
SlowOldGuy wrote:
JB479 wrote:
I didnt say it was a factory bike, just nowhere near ,”really close to stock”.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
8/8/2019 7:47pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Its certainly going to be interesting....I reckon Jett Lawrence has little brother syndrome in a big way..totally motivated to exceed anything his brother has ever done...he's...
Its certainly going to be interesting....I reckon Jett Lawrence has little brother syndrome in a big way..totally motivated to exceed anything his brother has ever done...he's probably bugging the shit out of the Geiko team wanting to use Hunters bike cause he's not gonna be using it...
He also seems completely underwhelmed by the amateur scene and racing on "mini bike tracks""
If they loaned him Hunters bike this weekend and he got a holeshot? Sure would be interesting to watch!
I love it. Reading his interviews i blasted out laughing when he called LL "just a little amateur race" hahaha

Between Hunter and the other brother.. I get why Jett is the way he is when it comes to a time of being able to outshine hunter. A lot of attention from the parents between the other two would leave Jett feeling a bit behind.

Cant wait to see both killing it!
willie838
8/8/2019 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2019 9:11pm
Tomac did it. I see big things from jett Lawrence, reminds me of a young villopoto throwing the bike around.
RV was on another level. Little Lawrence will be 8th-15th. I think you guys are underestimating the level of competition in the 250 class. Guys like...
RV was on another level.

Little Lawrence will be 8th-15th.

I think you guys are underestimating the level of competition in the 250 class.

Guys like RJ Hampshire are barely finishing inside the top 10....
for sure.....i fell like i've read the line "just the intensity and immediate pace" in response to the question of the biggest surprise a rookie has faced from 20 rookies over the years.

i guess it's a bit like the jump from college to pro for nfl.

the draft picks coming in were THE studs at their respective schools. Then they get to the nfl and realize that the 2000 pro player pool is the ultra refined talent that was xxx,xxx division 1 talent, from 3-4% of xx,xxx,xxx high school talent and that only absolute monsters lay in this player pool.

Post a reply to: Chances an Amateur Rider Wins A Pro National

The Latest