Chael Sonnen Quote - Eli Tomac

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2021 3:50 PM

Chael Sonnen once said "you didn't get worse, the new generation got better"
Tough to say, but could this relate to Eli Tomac? Is Sexton, AC, Ferrandis etc. just faster?
Either way, it is wierd to see, I dont like seeing him in 10th

|

6/10/2021 4:03 PM

No chance. He used to blow the doors off some of the guys he’s stuck behind. He’d put 1 minute on many of them per Moto and now he’s struggling back at their pace.

It’s him and the bike feeling/team not getting it done.

|

6/10/2021 4:06 PM

He could still physically be that fast, but if he's not there mentally then it's going to result in mediocre finishes.

|

6/10/2021 4:12 PM

I heard that kawi took away the works parts on his bikelaughing

|

6/10/2021 4:15 PM

Absolutely not he's still the best out there, like his whole career the only rider that beats him is himself.

|

6/10/2021 4:34 PM

They are faster now but I don’t think they are faster than peak tomac. Everyone always says the class gets faster every year which I actually disagree with. You can’t tell me Roczen now, who has won 3 out of 4 motos is faster than peak Roczen in 2016 before all his horrific injuries. I think there is only so fast one can race motocross and the difference is riders being able to race at their peak mentally and physically when it counts on Saturday. How many stories are there of guys being untouchable mid week with speed and then not backing it up on race day. Motocross isn’t about how fast you can ride a motorcycle I think it is being able to show up and ride at your best on race day. Ferrandis, Roczen and cianciarulo are doing this, tomac for whatever reason isn’t

|

6/10/2021 4:40 PM

I’m beginning to think Epstein Barr- that would explain a lot

|

6/10/2021 5:33 PM

dont put the chael curse on eli. its the last thing he needs.

|

6/10/2021 5:49 PM

yz133rider wrote:

No chance. He used to blow the doors off some of the guys he’s stuck behind. He’d put 1 minute on many of them per Moto and ...more

From Eli:

“Today didn’t really go the way I expected it to. This is my hometown race and I really wanted to give the local fans something to cheer about, but I’m having some trouble finding my rhythm right now. My fitness is where it needs to be, and I feel comfortable on my KX450. It’s only a matter of time before I start finding my rhythm again and battling at the front of the pack. This next weekend off is going to be all about rest and recovery as we prepare to come back swinging for the next round.”  – Eli Tomac
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/10/2021 6:30 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

From Eli:

“Today didn’t really go the way I expected it to. This is my hometown race and I really wanted to give the local ...more

That sounds like the generic talk in company press releases, in which case, Tomac never uttered any of that.

|

6/10/2021 7:01 PM

It's gotta be one of two things. Either his mental game is really that far off or there's some inside beef between Tomac and Kawasaki. My memory might be shit, but wasn't there some issue between him and Mike from Kawi with Mike eventually leaving? I seem to remember Eli doing some weird shit during that time like taking forever to remount his bike after a tip over (fixing his pants for 35 seconds). Is it possible he blamed the bikes handling on Mike and after he'd crash it he was just like "fuck this"? Definitely could be something going on behind the scenes because the field did not get THAT much faster for Eli to be an 8th place guy or wherever he finished. Let us not forget the Hangtown Massacre. I think we'll see an entirely different Eli once he switches teams.

|

6/10/2021 7:18 PM

yz133rider wrote:

No chance. He used to blow the doors off some of the guys he’s stuck behind. He’d put 1 minute on many of them per Moto and ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

From Eli:

“Today didn’t really go the way I expected it to. This is my hometown race and I really wanted to give the local ...more

You can watch the bike dancing all over whenever he pushes at all. He clearly isn’t comfortable on it.

|

6/10/2021 7:21 PM

He should pull a Windham and just up and quit. Walk away. Burned out. Nothing to prove he'll be in the legend books with all those number 1 plates. Time to go hunting, fishing and raise his kid.

|

6/10/2021 7:21 PM

So next generation Sexton, AC and Ferrandis got faster, but the past generation Roczen suddenly got waaay faster?

Eli will eventually get a win..

|

6/10/2021 8:19 PM

Et was the js7 replacement. They only thing wrong with et is et.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

6/10/2021 10:50 PM

I’m a Tomac guy, I think he is just done going “that fast”

AC obviously is making the bike work!

|

6/11/2021 9:43 AM

Can't wait to see him on the Yamaha! TOMAC, AP7 and Justin Cooper Team USA on Yamahas?????

|

6/11/2021 11:02 AM

yz133rider wrote:

so did Cairoli ..

|

6/11/2021 11:06 AM

Mugeneco wrote:

so did Cairoli ..

Big difference in battling for podiums (AC) and battle for top 10 (Eli)

|

6/11/2021 11:17 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Mugeneco wrote:

so did Cairoli ..

No way you're comparing Tomac to Cairoli (35 years old) who is riding GP's since 2004 and won 9 world championships while STILL racing and competing for wins?

I've seen it all..

|

6/11/2021 11:20 AM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

Absolutely not he's still the best out there, like his whole career the only rider that beats him is himself.

Damn right he's the best ever.

Photo

And Eli's pretty good, too. tongue

|

6/11/2021 11:29 AM

It looks like et3 has slowed 4-5 secs per lap this outdoor season..... has he gotten slower? Maybe.... injured? Perhaps... does he hate his current employer.... hummmmm lol

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

6/11/2021 11:35 AM

drok577 wrote:

Chael Sonnen once said "you didn't get worse, the new generation got better"
Tough to say, but could this relate to Eli ...more

Nope! Eli and Kenny are longtime rivals, Kenny is winning. Nuf said

|

6/11/2021 11:47 AM

There’s no way he slipped down to 10th that fast. He’s mailing it in with this ride.

|

6/11/2021 11:50 AM

We are so quick to write off a rider after a few bad races. I would bet that he wins motos before this thing is done

|

6/11/2021 11:55 AM

I LOVE ROCZEN. MY CHAMPION<3. HE WINS AT LIFE

|

6/11/2021 12:39 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

From Eli:

If that was the case I don’t think they would be bringing in brock to test

|

6/11/2021 12:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2021 12:59 PM

Eli has just been married with a kid for a while now. It slows you down a little.

|

6/11/2021 1:20 PM

burn1986 wrote:

Eli has just been married with a kid for a while now. It slows you down a little.

Roczen, Plessinger and Craig must not have gotten the memo

|

6/11/2021 1:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2021 2:35 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

You get it.

There have been many riders who , on their day , were the fastest guys out there by miles, but that day was a wednesday, and they never turned it into championships, Robbie Reynard springs to mind, such a talent, who just never quite lived up to the expectations others had.

Tomac is what we call a Daisy rider... some days he does, some days he doesnt. , but the difference between an 'on Tomac, and an 'off' Tomac used to be obvious ... now we dont know cos he hasnt been on for quite a while.

|