Chad's performance on the new FE22

Edited Date/Time 4/27/2018 9:47pm
What did people think of his performance last week on the new bike? Holeshot was on point, but his riding to me in the heat wasn't exactly like a surgeon with timing off and a few other loose moments. Was the main any better because we didn't see any of it other than being on the ground in the first corner? Anyone there with more highlight as he came half way back through the field so that's not too bad.
Was the bike an improvement? Can we expect more this weekend?
|
plowboy
4/24/2018 5:37pm
I love me some Chad but honestly he's finishing, give or take a spot or two, where he's going to continue to finish til he retires. A tough pill to swallow I know but that's the truth of it. 8th - 12th spot doesn't suck IMHO.
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
4/24/2018 5:45pm
They showed some footage of him toward the end of the race and he looked more aggressive than he has in a while. Looked pretty quick despite being lapped at the time.
If he gets a decent start and rides like that I think he could be around 4th to 8th. I cant see another podium in him though.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/24/2018 5:58pm
He's shown more signs of being Chad-like throughout the season, and seeing him out front (however briefly) last weekend cool.

Sully
4/24/2018 6:10pm
GuyB wrote:
He's shown more signs of being Chad-like throughout the season, and seeing him out front (however briefly) last weekend cool. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/24/257453/s1200_042418twhs004.jpg[/img]
He's shown more signs of being Chad-like throughout the season, and seeing him out front (however briefly) last weekend cool.

To me, he just never looked like he was gelling with the old bike. Do you know if there's a reason why he wasn't on a FE all season?

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/24/2018 6:12pm
Sully wrote:
To me, he just never looked like he was gelling with the old bike. Do you know if there's a reason why he wasn't on a...
To me, he just never looked like he was gelling with the old bike. Do you know if there's a reason why he wasn't on a FE all season?
I don't think they were available. He picked one up in a local shop. I think he also toyed with the idea of grabbing a KTM.
PJRAUS
4/25/2018 12:45am
I reckon he'll put in some kind of big ride in Vegas to leave everyone talking about him, then come into Anaheim 1 next year fit, healthy and with loads of saddle time.
Might be good for him to do a few of the off season supercross' in Europe and back home..maybe come do the whole Aus series to be really competitive and get some wins to help boost his confidence.
What would I know though..
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
4/25/2018 12:52am
PJRAUS wrote:
I reckon he'll put in some kind of big ride in Vegas to leave everyone talking about him, then come into Anaheim 1 next year fit...
I reckon he'll put in some kind of big ride in Vegas to leave everyone talking about him, then come into Anaheim 1 next year fit, healthy and with loads of saddle time.
Might be good for him to do a few of the off season supercross' in Europe and back home..maybe come do the whole Aus series to be really competitive and get some wins to help boost his confidence.
I would agree with that. Sitting on the couch waiting around sure isn't going to help, IMO.
jemcee
4/25/2018 1:00am
PJRAUS wrote:
I reckon he'll put in some kind of big ride in Vegas to leave everyone talking about him, then come into Anaheim 1 next year fit...
Worked pretty well for Brayton
mxgoon
4/25/2018 1:03am
He mentioned doing some outdoor races and maybe Mx Of Nations if they want him.
BobKerr
4/25/2018 6:06am
At the beginning of the series, I figured he would be fully up to speed by the end of March/early April, and regularly getting around 4th-8th with a few possible podiums. That was assuming that he was able to train like normal at the start of the season, but he still couldn't do much due to his foot. He has said that the foot injury has taken longer to heal than he expected.

I wasn't aware he was even considering doing any outdoor races. That might me tough if his fitness still isn't 100%. It is only 3 weeks away.

Taking the summer off, and doing like Brayton, and hitting all the off season SX races that he can seems like a really good idea.

His results have been improving.

TDeath21
4/25/2018 6:32am
BobKerr wrote:
At the beginning of the series, I figured he would be fully up to speed by the end of March/early April, and regularly getting around 4th-8th...
At the beginning of the series, I figured he would be fully up to speed by the end of March/early April, and regularly getting around 4th-8th with a few possible podiums. That was assuming that he was able to train like normal at the start of the season, but he still couldn't do much due to his foot. He has said that the foot injury has taken longer to heal than he expected.

I wasn't aware he was even considering doing any outdoor races. That might me tough if his fitness still isn't 100%. It is only 3 weeks away.

Taking the summer off, and doing like Brayton, and hitting all the off season SX races that he can seems like a really good idea.

Stat sheets can be deceiving. He’s right where he always has been. Difference is a ton of guys aren’t there. Results are improving yes, but not his riding so much.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
4/25/2018 6:39am
It would be a huge marketing plus to give full support to Chad. Seeing him do so well this late in his career
on the Husky. A lot of us older guys really like having an older rider out there to support and believe in.
And let's be real, it's the older guys that have the money to go out and buy the Husky line.
TM
yz133rider
4/25/2018 6:58am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2018 6:59am
BobKerr wrote:
At the beginning of the series, I figured he would be fully up to speed by the end of March/early April, and regularly getting around 4th-8th...

TDeath21 wrote:
Stat sheets can be deceiving. He’s right where he always has been. Difference is a ton of guys aren’t there. Results are improving yes, but not...
Stat sheets can be deceiving. He’s right where he always has been. Difference is a ton of guys aren’t there. Results are improving yes, but not his riding so much.
You've said that like a dozen or two dozen times.

In the begginning of the year hed start 4th and fade to 14th. Last week he started last and rode to 10th. No difference?

He holeshot the heat race and was running the pace and finished what 4th? No difference?

Foh with that.
tek14
4/25/2018 7:08am
BobKerr wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
Stat sheets can be deceiving. He’s right where he always has been. Difference is a ton of guys aren’t there. Results are improving yes, but not...
yz133rider wrote:
You've said that like a dozen or two dozen times. In the begginning of the year hed start 4th and fade to 14th. Last week he...
You've said that like a dozen or two dozen times.

In the begginning of the year hed start 4th and fade to 14th. Last week he started last and rode to 10th. No difference?

He holeshot the heat race and was running the pace and finished what 4th? No difference?

Foh with that.
Yeah difference is that there are 5 or more guys missing that would have been front of him this weekend.
Bike setup and fitness should be good 4 months after anaheim1 but I dont see him making any progress lately.
Micahdogg
4/25/2018 7:15am
He hasn't had any nasty get offs, so one would have to imagine that his leg is in better condition now than at A1. He is also notorious for finishing a season stronger than he begins. So despite the field being clear of several top names, he is improving.

And yeah, it was cool to see him holeshot and lead for a bit! As long as he rides smart and puts in the laps, little victories like that will only make him better.
Crush
4/25/2018 8:06am
Didn’t he only finish 6 or so seconds down in the heat this last weekend? No way he could have done that earlier in the year.
yz133rider
4/25/2018 8:10am
Crush wrote:
Didn’t he only finish 6 or so seconds down in the heat this last weekend? No way he could have done that earlier in the year.
Yeah the reed haters are out. Last to 10th is no improvement from earlier holeshots to 15th... Insane.
mingham97
4/25/2018 8:18am
He was also riding with a broken foot for like half the season? I think we could see him next year
Crush
4/25/2018 8:31am
Crush wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Yeah the reed haters are out. Last to 10th is no improvement from earlier holeshots to 15th... Insane.
I think the other riders are out thing has some validity but he has definitely improved, you can see it.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
4/25/2018 9:06am
Crush wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
He was 14th after the 1st lap, and only passed Henry Miller, Cedric Subaru, Kyle Cunningham because he crashed, and Vince Friese, who I think also had a crash at some point. Expecting a little more by this point in the season doesn't make anyone a hater. Failing to recognize the back-markers' results improve towards the end of every series due to attrition is foolish.

That being said, Reed's lap times were pretty consistent to the end which is a good sign fitness-wise.
TDeath21
4/25/2018 1:24pm
Crush wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
He was 14th after the 1st lap, and only passed Henry Miller, Cedric Subaru, Kyle Cunningham because he crashed, and Vince Friese, who I think also...
He was 14th after the 1st lap, and only passed Henry Miller, Cedric Subaru, Kyle Cunningham because he crashed, and Vince Friese, who I think also had a crash at some point. Expecting a little more by this point in the season doesn't make anyone a hater. Failing to recognize the back-markers' results improve towards the end of every series due to attrition is foolish.

That being said, Reed's lap times were pretty consistent to the end which is a good sign fitness-wise.
Glad someone has a brain.
gerg
4/25/2018 2:58pm
Crush wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Crush wrote:
I think the other riders are out thing has some validity but he has definitely improved, you can see it.
I've seen you mention a couple of times in the last few seasons how when he isn't happy with the front end, his cornering will have that frustrating pause in it right in the middle of the corner.
That's one thing I noticed when there was footage of him on this new bike is that the pause didn't appear to be there at all.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/25/2018 3:10pm
Reed did come into the season with an injury that prevented him from being at 100% right off the bat. He's gotten better throughout the season, but there's also been a lot of people dropping like flies that could be due to that. If nobody got injured (or banned, RIP Tickle), then I think we'd still see him finish around 15th-16th each weekend. He had some good rides at the triple crown, but he's historically been a great starter and sprinter so the fact he's fading as far back as he is really shows his age affecting his results, despite how "young" he feels out there. To me he has one year left in him, then he's going to realize that magical night of becoming the oldest winner is never going to come before hanging up the boots.

My 2 cents.
4/25/2018 3:18pm
Foxborough
lap times
lap chart
If you look at the lap chart, lap times and average lap time he is doing similar lap times to Barcia, Brayton, Mookie and Peick who were just in front of him and even Anderson who was running his own race and playing it smart, and you can't call those guys slow. Yeah he is off the pace of the front 3 at the moment, but not everyone can run the leaders pace or win the race.
I thought his heat race was a little sketchy probably from being out front and pushing it more than he has all year and wondered if it was just that race and his set up got better for the main think but Gibby answered my question pretty much anyway so thanks for that. As they learn that new chassis his times should improve also. Sucks he has only been able to get the bike just now but the factory guys have access to it all season. How does that work in production based class ?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/25/2018 3:21pm
Foxborough [url=https://results.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1875/S1F1RID.pdf]lap times[/url] [url=https://results.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1875/S1F1LAP.pdf]lap chart[/url] If you look at the lap chart, lap times and average lap time he is doing similar lap times to Barcia...
Foxborough
lap times
lap chart
If you look at the lap chart, lap times and average lap time he is doing similar lap times to Barcia, Brayton, Mookie and Peick who were just in front of him and even Anderson who was running his own race and playing it smart, and you can't call those guys slow. Yeah he is off the pace of the front 3 at the moment, but not everyone can run the leaders pace or win the race.
I thought his heat race was a little sketchy probably from being out front and pushing it more than he has all year and wondered if it was just that race and his set up got better for the main think but Gibby answered my question pretty much anyway so thanks for that. As they learn that new chassis his times should improve also. Sucks he has only been able to get the bike just now but the factory guys have access to it all season. How does that work in production based class ?
Foxboro was also a technical, rutty track where riders were basically just trying to survive the conditions more than race it. Reed is still fast, no doubt, but I don't see him ever being a contender again where he's battling for top 5s.
4/25/2018 3:39pm
DD is back!! Never say never about Rad Cheed Devin. Or post photos of sick scrubs Wink
AzTrooper
4/25/2018 5:27pm
If the timeline indicated by his Instagram and Tweets showing the bike still in the box is correct, that would mean that Chad just got the "factory edition" last week. If so that would mean that he had only a day or two if that to test settings and try to get used to it. That's not much time. I'd say he did just fine.
John
4/25/2018 10:53pm
BobKerr wrote:

One could argue that, "some outdoors", could be 2 months away. Doesn't have to start at Hangtown, right?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
4/25/2018 10:58pm
DD is back!! Never say never about Rad Cheed Devin. Or post photos of sick scrubs Wink
Only took 130 posts before you realized I've been posting on here for a while now huh?

I haven't thrown a butt scrub in like 8 years.
mmcmx
4/26/2018 1:29am
He's improved a lot, still a lot to go though. For sure Brayton I's showing the propper way of going SX only.

Post a reply to: Chad's performance on the new FE22

The Latest