Chad's love for Brooks!!!

africanMX
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:13am
No love lost - check Chad's tweet this morning

@Steve_Cox_ you would be mad the whole time to if you had to put up with larry brooks! He's even managed to take away the "million" $ smile
|
500guy
9/3/2010 7:41am
it's about time for Chad to get over it .

Larry was great until he hired James then suddenly Chad thinks he sucks.

Chad should fire his manager and be mad at him.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
9/3/2010 7:55am
500guy wrote:
it's about time for Chad to get over it . Larry was great until he hired James then suddenly Chad thinks he sucks. Chad should fire...

No doubt 500, it's time to move on from taking those shots at him. It's in poor taste now.

Billy Jack
9/3/2010 8:05am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2010 8:11am
500guy wrote:
it's about time for Chad to get over it . Larry was great until he hired James then suddenly Chad thinks he sucks. Chad should fire...

At times, there is a perfunctory effort in the lives of men and women. You, I, Chad Reed, and no less, Larry Brooks are no exception to this minimization of the human struggle for acceptance in our lives. When our efforts come hitherto short, perhaps because our goals exceeded the channels by which we stride for end results, or, maybe we discovered in our selves the lack of a greater will to render our lives something which though attainable, isn't as men go, a failure.

The great discouragement comes to us not in the form of a tweet or a second place finish, rather it comes by way of words that store up in a man's heart, atramentous spots that blacken our souls. Spewing forth, "Chad needs to get over it." is in the most notable of schemes, no exception since it it a codec for your own intentions. There is in your words an opaqueness which disqualifies you from an honest answer and opens the door to hypocrisy. To that end, tempted as I am to say to you, 500guy, "Get over Chad Reed not getting over Larry Brooks." I will refrain from the hasty, impotent inoculations and instead simply and politely ask you to think before you type as we know that stored upon the neural masses in that grey matter that touch and at times attains greatness, like electro-connections sparking poetry, you can do better.
DrSweden
9/3/2010 8:06am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2010 8:12am
Seems like you guys claim the preferential right of interpretation here? CR could be an idiot (he says some stupid stuff at times) but he worked for him for a year? Have any of you guys worked for him? Or is this more of a feeling you have after talking to him for a couple of minutes?

The Shop

9/3/2010 8:09am
Billy Jack wrote:
At times, there is a perfunctory effort in the lives of men and women. You, I, Chad Reed, and no less, Larry Brooks are no exception...
At times, there is a perfunctory effort in the lives of men and women. You, I, Chad Reed, and no less, Larry Brooks are no exception to this minimization of the human struggle for acceptance in our lives. When our efforts come hitherto short, perhaps because our goals exceeded the channels by which we stride for end results, or, maybe we discovered in our selves the lack of a greater will to render our lives something which though attainable, isn't as men go, a failure.

The great discouragement comes to us not in the form of a tweet or a second place finish, rather it comes by way of words that store up in a man's heart, atramentous spots that blacken our souls. Spewing forth, "Chad needs to get over it." is in the most notable of schemes, no exception since it it a codec for your own intentions. There is in your words an opaqueness which disqualifies you from an honest answer and opens the door to hypocrisy. To that end, tempted as I am to say to you, 500guy, "Get over Chad Reed not getting over Larry Brooks." I will refrain from the hasty, impotent inoculations and instead simply and politely ask you to think before you type as we know that stored upon the neural masses in that grey matter that touch and at times attains greatness, like electro-connections sparking poetry, you can do better.
Dude! Seriously WTF?

Nothing personal but damn! It's like talking to a woman.

CR250Rider
9/3/2010 8:12am
500guy wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
At times, there is a perfunctory effort in the lives of men and women. You, I, Chad Reed, and no less, Larry Brooks are no exception...

larry? is that you?
gt80rider
9/3/2010 8:12am
best thing is.... Chad got treated pretty dirty there at the end.... and they'll do the same thing to bubba.... when bubba gets the full brooks treatment, the shitstorm that will follow will make CR seem quite reasonable.....
ab5772
9/3/2010 8:14am
Chad's comment was in response to this question from Steve Cox. I thought it was pretty funny.

@CRtwotwo coming to my Halloween Party? You can come as Chad Reed from 2007 and just be mad the whole time... Wink
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
9/3/2010 8:16am
Billy Jack wrote:

Words, words, words, words - and I couldn't get thru the first sentence.

I made it to 'perfunctory' and then I was out.
9/3/2010 8:20am
500guy wrote:

Chad should never get over it.

It was Chad's Team. And then Larry came on board with M's money and the gambling den. Do you remember anyone that silly season saying "Larry Brooks is starting a team" No...it was always "Chad is doing his own deal" Yamaha would not have sunk all that money in there if they weren't keeping Chad on the brand.

They bonded together to go at RC and James. And Brooks broke that bond to "trade up" with the enemy after Reed gave the team the #1 plate.

It wasn't your typical moto musical chairs. It was a slippery snakey move and Chad should always remember it.

It was Reed's team from the get go and they took it from him.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/3/2010 8:30am
Chad should never get over it. It was Chad's Team. And then Larry came on board with M's money and the gambling den. Do you remember...

It was Chad's Team. And then Larry came on board with M's money and the gambling den. Do you remember anyone that silly season saying "Larry Brooks is starting a team" No...it was always "Chad is doing his own deal" Yamaha would not have sunk all that money in there if they weren't keeping Chad on the brand.

They bonded together to go at RC and James. And Brooks broke that bond to "trade up" with the enemy after Reed gave the team the #1 plate.

It wasn't your typical moto musical chairs. It was a slippery snakey move and Chad should always remember it.

Chad's team? Really? You may have had that perception from where you were sitting, but I don't think that was the reality.

Also, even from the outside, it was pretty easy to see that even when they were winning the championship, the rider/manager relationship was not always a smooth one.
mjskier
9/3/2010 8:38am
disbanded wrote:
Words, words, words, words - and I couldn't get thru the first sentence.

I made it to 'perfunctory' and then I was out.
Looks like an automatic text generator to me. Something along the lines of this, ttp://www.logopoeia.com/transport/ but a bit smarter.
Whatever he is using must allow you to type a few keywords that get incorporated into the text. Useful if you are trying to impress the girls I suppose. But obviously it won't get you any points on vital.
ck95
9/3/2010 8:40am
Chad should never get over it. It was Chad's Team. And then Larry came on board with M's money and the gambling den. Do you remember...

GuyB wrote:
Chad's team? Really? You may have had that perception from where you were sitting, but I don't think that was the reality. Also, even from the...
Chad's team? Really? You may have had that perception from where you were sitting, but I don't think that was the reality.

Also, even from the outside, it was pretty easy to see that even when they were winning the championship, the rider/manager relationship was not always a smooth one.
And it's not like CR was an innocent victim when they parted ways, he breached some important issues on his end too.

Like they say, 2 sides...
calimxer91
9/3/2010 8:44am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2011 6:01pm
IDK what the heck i'm talking about.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
9/3/2010 8:46am
500guy wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:

General VitalMX rule of thumb:

If people have to be completely sober to understand your post, or you sound like a woman, then it's too damn complicated.

Only RupertX is allowed to poetically state his eloquent opinions.
fencepost
9/3/2010 8:47am
500guy wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:

There is no prize for word count or " large" words here, most are average people not wordsmiths Billy
runic121
Fantasy
1838th
9/3/2010 8:54am
500guy wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:

Pedantic, yet completely lacking in perspective.

Back away from the shift-F7 key-stroke please.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/3/2010 8:55am
fencepost wrote:
There is no prize for word count or " large" words here, most are average people not wordsmiths Billy
It's harmless enough for now. We'll see how long that lasts.
mag23
9/3/2010 8:58am
500guy wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:

fencepost wrote:
I told WilliamJack to go back to teaching his English class, but no dice, I guess... As for Reed, what's wrong with a little smack talk? He obviously feels burned... I say f*** Brooks, especially after the cheap shots he took at Tickle last year. I'm sure he's good at his job, but he just comes across as a dork. It is hard to argue with his record, though. I think Reed is over it, he just likes to take a poke every now and again...
ando
9/3/2010 9:00am
500guy wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:

fencepost wrote:
I like it! Makes a good change from the usual banter around here, and there's usually a worthwhile message, even if it's well hidden!
mag23
9/3/2010 9:03am
I want to see 500guy and William Jack fight
mccread
9/3/2010 9:04am
500guy wrote:

He doesn't seem mad at DeCoster....

Larry is pretty intense and admitted he is a "pretty sneaky guy" when it comes to trying to win... if you aren't on the same page I bet he could be hard work... if you are on the same page he would be great... but everything would be a big deal.

I bet DeCoster would be much more level headed with ups and downs of a season.
TeamGreen
9/3/2010 9:08am
Chuck Norris don't need none of them fancy words!
500guy
9/3/2010 9:15am
mag23 wrote:
I want to see 500guy and William Jack fight
I don't read any of Jacks Bullshit

Billy Jack was a C movie at best and the Character was a Gay Indian that wasn't even a baddass.
africanMX
9/3/2010 9:16am
ando wrote:
I like it! Makes a good change from the usual banter around here, and there's usually a worthwhile message, even if it's well hidden!
Chad is at a point in his career where he is successful enough to be able to voice his opinions without worrying about who's feelings he might hurt and I, for one, think it's great as it's a nice change from the usual pre-determined statements we usually get from the pros.
newmann
9/3/2010 9:20am
You guys keep picking on the Jack and he's going to take that right foot and put it right there on the left side of all your faces.

toroP
9/3/2010 9:26am
Billy Jack wrote:

I am he that is, and will continue to be, when all else is clouded and undermined by the actions of those,who, when they are confused by the words and doings of the self-proclaimed knowers of things known by only the few who are designated by the unconscious will of they who would otherwise remain powerless, choose not to do as they would were they not followers nor leaders, the mad and delicious sniffer and licker of weasel belly.
mjskier
9/3/2010 9:27am
ando wrote:
I get the summary version by pasting his stuff into http://www.tocloud.com/ and just looking at the larger words. If size matters, Chad wins over Larry.
DavidR
9/3/2010 9:37am
Chad know's Larry better than 99.9% of anyone on this board so I think it's fair to say he's entitled to his opinion and it's based off an actual experience of working for him.
Which CR do you like best: CR with L&M or CR post L&M?
Which JS do you like best: JS pre L&M or JS with L&M?
TeamGreen
9/3/2010 9:39am
DavidR wrote:
Chad know's Larry better than 99.9% of anyone on this board so I think it's fair to say he's entitled to his opinion and it's based...
Chad know's Larry better than 99.9% of anyone on this board so I think it's fair to say he's entitled to his opinion and it's based off an actual experience of working for him.
Which CR do you like best: CR with L&M or CR post L&M?
Which JS do you like best: JS pre L&M or JS with L&M?
OUCH!

Post a reply to: Chad's love for Brooks!!!

The Latest