SoCalMX70
1/19/2014 3:08am
Grizz wrote:
Reed. It was Chad Reed.
Laughed at this reply way more than I should have.... WoohooLaughingSilly
Gabriel J
1/19/2014 5:07am
Awesome race. Just fucking awesome.

At A1 when it seemed that Chad slowed in the final few laps, I wondered if that was a sign that his fitness was no longer going to match that of the younger guys..Last week was a tough race, and was a bit disappointing. I thought to myself, maybe this was the farewell season everyone has been calling for (about 4 years too late BTW..) ...Tonight he put that thought on hold while watching him ride like a man possessed and he busted out not only the FASTEST lap of the night, but doing it on LAP 18. Fuck yeah! Way to go Chad!
jtomasik
1/19/2014 5:23am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 5:24am
Watch out for him next week, he's got that 2012 confidence back
^This (sorta).

Reed was really throwing it down back in 2011, but then that horrific get-off at Millville really rattled his confidence. Wasn't sure if he'd ever ride with that confidence again. Awesome to see him back. He was really throwing down some fast laps, and that one section where he was jumping out of the corner up on that step up was smart.

Good for Reed. Hope to see him keep it fast!
Crush
1/19/2014 5:28am
Watch out for him next week, he's got that 2012 confidence back
jtomasik wrote:
^This (sorta). Reed was really throwing it down back in 2011, but then that horrific get-off at Millville really rattled his confidence. Wasn't sure if he'd...
^This (sorta).

Reed was really throwing it down back in 2011, but then that horrific get-off at Millville really rattled his confidence. Wasn't sure if he'd ever ride with that confidence again. Awesome to see him back. He was really throwing down some fast laps, and that one section where he was jumping out of the corner up on that step up was smart.

Good for Reed. Hope to see him keep it fast!
Did you watch the 2011 Des Nations and the first 6 races of 2012?

The Shop

swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
1/19/2014 5:45am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 5:45am
Crush wrote:
The answer is no....no he did not. Reedy was all over RV and looked to have that race won if he didn't endo. I would say Reedy is back but - if you write off last year - he never left.
jtomasik
1/19/2014 5:59am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 6:00am
Crush wrote:
The answer is no....no he did not. Reedy was all over RV and looked to have that race won if he didn't endo. I would say...
The answer is no....no he did not. Reedy was all over RV and looked to have that race won if he didn't endo. I would say Reedy is back but - if you write off last year - he never left.
Yeah, you're right, I didn't. 2011 I did follow closely, but not 2012, so that's why my perception is flawed; that's why I said "sorta".
jwhitemx15
1/19/2014 6:32am
Incredible race tonight!

Reed was even sporting the black and camo shift gear similar to what Emig wore at Kenworthy's back in the day! Cool
bents
Fantasy
710th
1/19/2014 8:28am
Chad Reed is a bad dude, period and is in it to win it. He knows what it takes over 17 rounds and looks as good on that Kawie as he did on his 2 smoker Yamie.
Big Lenny
1/19/2014 8:37am
Not on the Reed bandwagon, but I have always said he is one of the best SX riders I have ever seen..Once he got into second he knew exactly what he was going to do and where to make the pass, I think he surprised James and he clearly was off in the next section and Chad was outta there..Great racing and congrats to Chad...
rrjr
1/20/2014 9:47pm
rrjr wrote:
He had some help from Nick Wey. After Reed lapped Wey, he moved over in to Stewart's line and held him up. Still an excellent ride...
He had some help from Nick Wey. After Reed lapped Wey, he moved over in to Stewart's line and held him up.

Still an excellent ride from Reed. He's been a favorite of mine since the day in 2005 when he was testing at Perris MX and he took the time to sign my 6 yo son's helmet with out even having to ask him!
I think you need to rewatch it, Wey is nowhere near them when chad passes, stewart kinda stuffs up the rhythm section and reed takes off...
I think you need to rewatch it, Wey is nowhere near them when chad passes, stewart kinda stuffs up the rhythm section and reed takes off

If you mean on the last lap, yeah maybe but reed was out pretty comfortably until that last lap
I think you better watch it again.

Crush
1/20/2014 10:16pm
He did say when Reed passed him. They were alone there.
1/20/2014 10:31pm
rrjr wrote:
I think you better watch it again. [img]http://cdn.motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/a2_2014_se/8I8T4242.jpg[/img]

Learn to reed.....Ha ha get it

But seriously I said how quick reed gapped bubba when he passed him, then you brought up an incident that happened a few laps later. But yeah" Nick wey purposely blocked Bubba and thats the only reason reed won" (end sarcasm)
mxgoon
1/21/2014 12:06am
rrjr wrote:
He had some help from Nick Wey. After Reed lapped Wey, he moved over in to Stewart's line and held him up. Still an excellent ride...
He had some help from Nick Wey. After Reed lapped Wey, he moved over in to Stewart's line and held him up.

Still an excellent ride from Reed. He's been a favorite of mine since the day in 2005 when he was testing at Perris MX and he took the time to sign my 6 yo son's helmet with out even having to ask him!
I think you need to rewatch it, Wey is nowhere near them when chad passes, stewart kinda stuffs up the rhythm section and reed takes off...
I think you need to rewatch it, Wey is nowhere near them when chad passes, stewart kinda stuffs up the rhythm section and reed takes off

If you mean on the last lap, yeah maybe but reed was out pretty comfortably until that last lap
rrjr wrote:
I think you better watch it again. [img]http://cdn.motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/a2_2014_se/8I8T4242.jpg[/img]

This pic is a lap and a half after Chad passed James.

Post a reply to: Chad who?

The Latest